collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ebay transaction, non pony, opinion  (Read 5374 times)

Offline hodgemo2

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+466)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
Ebay transaction, non pony, opinion
« on: January 17, 2012, 05:54:23 AM »
My first post on the new arena!   :lol:   So I want an opinion.  I bought a lot of books on ebay on December 17th.  On January 3rd, I hadn't received them and sent an email to the seller asking when they sent them, if they had tracking, etc. (I know that media can take a while, especially over the holidays, but I hadn't heard anything, there was no shipping notice, etc).  They never got back to me, and so on the 9th, I opened a case with ebay (maybe a bit premature, but I wanted to prod the seller into responding to me...I was fine with a wait, but wanted an acknowledgment).  They didn't respond to the case, but on the 13th of January, I receive a FedEx package with the books that had been mailed on January 11th.  Two days after I opened the case!  What feedback should I leave?  On one hand, I got the books, but on the other hand I shouldn't have to open a case in order for the seller to ship them!

Thanks for your help!

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay transaction, non pony, opinion
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 09:35:46 AM »
I would end the eBay case, and leave appropriate feedback.

At least a neutral one, if not a negative one.  The seller did not deliver on time!

That's not very honest in my opinion!

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 11:47:42 AM »
I agree with kittybethy.
I mean really? was it that hard to email you back and let you know something, anything! I mean some people make up their dying for being late on shipping but itleast it's a response.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 12:04:47 PM »
The last time I left neutral, the seller retaliated with negative.  I went neutral because while the cookies did arrive, the packing stunk so a lot of them were broken.  But still yummy.  Just a thought. 
:socks:   :frog:

Offline Eskara1862

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+172)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Fern Fiend
    • View Profile
    • The New Gray Mare
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 01:16:56 PM »
That is a tough one. Personally, i'd leave a neutral and mark them 1 on the stars for communication and shipping. You did get the item, bust still haven't had any communication.

Offline hodgemo2

• Arena Supporter
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 01:17:54 PM »
That is a tough one. Personally, i'd leave a neutral and mark them 1 on the stars for communication and shipping. You did get the item, bust still haven't had any communication.

That's a good point.  I forgot about the star system.   :blush:

The last time I left neutral, the seller retaliated with negative.  I went neutral because while the cookies did arrive, the packing stunk so a lot of them were broken.  But still yummy.  Just a thought. 

Since this is ebay, the seller wouldn't be able to leave me a negative or neutral.  Thank goodness for that! 

And if they leave a false positive (ie. marked positive but saying 'horrible buyer, do not sell to'), I could get ebay to remove it. 

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 01:44:47 PM »
I am so hesitant to give negatives merely because you did get the item but you should be completely honest on their DSRs - significantly marking down on this [which would simply be you being honest] can cause more problems for a seller than a single negative among hundreds of positives. All you were asking for was a response...
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 03:25:23 AM »
What rubbish selling practise! you had to open a case before they bothered to ship your item, and still didnt communicate with you ?! :throw:  :yikes: 
 well since you did get the item and its ok, then I wouldnt give a negative, but I would go with the neutral and lowered star rating on the shipping and communication, and leave an appropriate comment in the feedback explaining that while the item was fine, there was no communication and the shipping was slow.. or words to that effect :awake:  I dont think you can mention opening a claim in your feedback comments now.. but will check on that.

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline hodgemo2

• Arena Supporter
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2012, 06:06:36 AM »
Thanks everyone.  My angry knee jerk response was that I wanted to give a negative, but I didn't really think it was appropriate, I was leaning towards neutral (since I DID get the item), but I always feel bad leaving anything but a positive. 

@Ringlets, if you could let me know about mentioning a claim in the feedback, that would be awesome!   :thumb:

Offline MintySocks

• Singing Artsy Fartsy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2012, 09:18:12 AM »
I agree with all previous statements about leaving positive feedback and then dinging them with the detailed seller ratings (DSR's), because that can cause a seller to lose their "top rated seller" status, among other things that eBay store owners pride themselves on. There's one more step you can take, which is to email the seller and let them know what kind of feedback you're planning to leave, and let them know that for a partial refund you'd be willing to change your mind and say that they dealt with you fairly, like if they refund your shipping cost. ;)

Offline emery

• Dr. Quinn, Medicine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+488)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • emery's emporium - My Little Ponies & other toys for sale
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2012, 02:23:32 PM »
I think if it were me I would leave a neutral feedback and low stars on shipping and communication. I would leave a neutral feedback something like this to fit in all the characters:

Pd 12/17, no reply so open dispute 1/9. Pkg arrived, ship date 1/11, no contact
My Little Ponies and other toys for sale on....
Facebook @EmerysVintageEmporium
Instagram @emerys_emporium

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2012, 06:05:22 PM »
No problem - I just checked for you and it says on ebay that they dont allow references to ebay or paypal investigations in the feedback comments . You might be able to get away with saying something like emery mentioned though as its a claim rather than an investigation ;)

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2012, 06:13:56 PM »
Wow what a terrible seller :(

I would leave appropriate feedback for sure. If it took for you to open a case for them to ship, that is just so not on. Even if they gave an excuse or something, at least its contact. I am sure most of us are sick of the "Someone I am close to or I am dying / dead" or "I was in an accident" or "my dog died" or whatever other lame excuse they can think of, but at least it's contact. Off topic a little, but the "I want x item that you have up for auction for a sick / dying child" gets stale too, if there was a sick child I would happily GIVE them said item, do not pull my leg with a fake sob story to try and get a collectable item cheaper / quicker however.

cody_sunday

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2012, 06:04:00 AM »
this happened to me too! i paid as soon as the auction was won, and then 2 weeks on, i'd still not received my item. i did the same as you and messaged them a few times with no response, and then opened a case against them. a week later again the item got delivered, but they still never responded to the case or my messages. some sellers are weird!
personally, i left them positive feedback in the end: "took a long time to get here, but well packaged and as described. thank you!" and marked them low on the shipping and communication ratings
xx

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2012, 08:12:54 PM »
Frustrating!  Yeah I would ding stars and leave neutral FB.  At least you got the books!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal