collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I'm so disappointed...  (Read 4697 times)

Offline Prismatic

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+55)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
I'm so disappointed...
« on: January 23, 2012, 08:55:17 AM »
I'm not sure if this was supposed to go here, or possibly wyp, I'm sorry if I got it wrong.

This is more of a vent than anything, and I also wanted to get some input.  Last year I participated in a swap.  I bought my partner a pony that, while not rare, is popular and costs a little more than the normal every day average pony.  I spent a while finding this pony, and was so happy I could get it for my partner.

I found out yesterday that my partner sold this pony less than 30 days after receiving it.  I feel so...disapointed, like I didn't do a good job on my partner's box.  All that work I put in, I just...dunno.  I'm hurt over it.

Is it wrong to feel this way?  I know that once you give a person a pony, they can do what they want with it, but I kinda expected them to hang onto this pony for quite a bit longer...i also know they have been kinda down recently, so I understand their need to sell ponies.  It doesn't make me feel much better, tho...

I admired this person, and was so glad to get them as my partner, and went out of my way to get this particular pony for them; I even told someone else looking to buy the pony from me that I didn't have it.  If it was any of the other ponies I had given, it wouldn't bug me so much.  I'm sorry for ranting on and on, I just felt I needed some input after waking up this morning and finding myself still upset over it.  I don't plan on doing anything about it, just needed to talk about it.

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
Re: I'm so disappointed...
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 09:16:33 AM »
I'm sorry this happened.

I don't think there is anything to be done, but I would sympathize.

Moondancer115

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 09:58:12 AM »
It is not weird you feel hurt. You put alot of time in finding the pony and i can understand you are feeling hurt if you see your partner has sold it.
Maybe you hvr to tell him what you are feeling that you feel hurt. I don't know thats what i think and what i would do, but thar doesn't mean it will work for you.
Keep your head up and it will be alright. :good:

Offline LadySatine

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • It's time for the robot test!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 09:59:13 AM »
I know how you feel. I was in a custom swap one time and I worked hard on this custom, and the person never commented if she liked or not. I felt terrible that I never got feedback on it, like maybe she didn't like it. But I personally thought it was one of the best I had ever done. It bugged me. :/
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Vintage toys on Ebay:MLP Customs on Etsy: :freak: Commission Status: CLOSED:Avatar by FloralHippo:Siggy pony by Griffin :lol:

Offline sundaygirl

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 10:35:41 AM »
I understand that you are disappointed. I would be too. Even if it is her/his pony and they could do what they want with it, you don't expect people to sell gifts. On the other hand, could it be money issues that made said person sell the pony? I'm not trying to make up excuses for the person, but I find it easier to understand if it was more of a paying-the-rent-case.

Offline Prismatic

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+55)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 10:47:45 AM »
I'm pretty sure it's like that, sundaygirl.  I'm not mad or anything, and I understand, it just made me a little sad.  I was unemployed a while last year and I might have done the same, there were times we couldn't feed ourselves.  I hope, if my partner reads this, they know I'm not mad and don't want anything out of this, and I hope it helps them out.  I guess in the end, either way, I made life a little easier for them, which is what matters.

Offline Varkolak

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 10:55:11 AM »
i know this isn't the same as giving a pony, but in a game i play, you catch eggs and hatch them. well one of the members on this game was REALLY mean and i tried to make peace with her by catching a rare creature, hatching it (which took a couple of days) and then i gave it to her as a present. she turned around and gave it to someone else about an hour after i sent it to her. i felt so horrible. so i somewhat know how you feel but that was only a virtual item and not a pony. i wouldn't be able to sell or trade or give away any of the things i get from swap partners or as gifts. to me they're treasures and special because the person kept me in mind when they got them for me or gave them to me.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2012, 11:27:04 AM »
It's completely understandable to feel sad.  It was probably not done intentionally to hurt you even though it feels that way right now.
The economy is putting the hurt on a lot of folk out there so hopefully that was the case.   
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2012, 06:39:11 PM »
 I'm so sorry to hear that your partner sold her pony so soon after you put a lot of effort into making her swapbox  :sad:  TBH I could never do that myself, if it was a gift then it stays, and it means too much to ever sell or give away.. but I also understand that some people do not feel quite so sentimental about ponies, and  like the others mentioned, it is possible that she was having financial difficulties and desperately needed the money. She probably didnt mean to hurt or offend you, but  I  completely understand why you are upset - its only natural to feel that way. I would feel exactly the same   :hug:  You could try to talk to her privately if its really bothering you, but if you can let it go and try to move on after talking it through here that might be best for both of you  ;)

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Varkolak

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2012, 06:49:26 PM »
maybe she ended up with a double of it and sold the extra one?

Offline Nappercasper

• Oh Happy Tails
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+106)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2012, 07:43:09 AM »
Thats what i thought, perhaps it was a double. But i can see why it would be diappointing :(

Offline Lady.Arachnia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I, Myself, am Strange and Unusual...
    • View Profile
    • Boutique Gothique, Very Unique Gothic & Fantasy Wear & Jewelry
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2012, 01:46:37 PM »
If it was me i was hurt also...so i totally understand your feelings...
But when it comes to finances or mayby she did get the pony twice...who knows...

Thank you Artists for Itsy Bitsy Spider Pony! xxx

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal