collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Thank goodness that's over! (aka "More about me than you ever cared to know!")  (Read 2758 times)

Offline Lancer

• Trade Count: (+164)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Diary of a Daydreamer
Phew,  I'm so glad that we're all back together again!  I've really missed browsing the forums and talking to my pony pals the past few days.  It's going to take a while to get used to the changes, but I love what I've seen so far!

I was debating whether or not to post a re-intro, then I remembered that when I signed up (six years ago now!), I wrote a two line rushed intro from an internet café...so a new forum is a great opportunity to put that right, is it not?  And put it right I shall, once I start talking, I just can't stop! :P

I'm Desirée, 20 years old and living in London, England.  I hate it here though and dream of escaping to Vancouver, Canada someday...  I am currently out of school and work, but hoping to change that this year. (It's a looong story - I was home educated and supposed to go to school at 13 or 14, but it never happened.  Now I'm battling to find an affordable way to get back on track at my age)  I'm probably going to study as a psychologist.  As someone who has battled depression and mental health issues for years with little help, I'd love to be able to do something for people with similar issues.

My biggest dream is to be a professional voice actress but we all know that's never going to happen...  Acting is a huge passion of mine.  I just do amateur voice acting/singing online at the moment, but I am determined to tread the boards properly before my life is through, even if it's just with an amateur dramatics group.

Important people in my life?  Well, I live with my parents who are just about the only people in my real life.  Besides them, my e-friends.  I've had a rough few years and my internet pals have got me through a lot!

Pony-wise, I've been collecting since 1993 when my sister bought me Little Rattles as a "gift for being good" while we were shopping!  Of course, soon after that, MLPs disappeared from the shops and I was heartbroken.  We picked them up whenever we found them in small toy shops etc., and I believe I had 13 G1s from new.  It wasn't until 1998 when we were at a toy fair looking for Beanie Babies (yes, I was part of the BB craze!) that I spotted a basket of eight ponies under a table priced at £3.  FINALLY, I had found a way to obtain my beloved ponies!  It was then (at age seven) that I became a "serious collector".

Oh yes, I spent many happy weekends pony hunting at car boot sales, toy fairs and charity shops, "saving" ponies to take to my "My Little Pony Rescue Home".  I would get particularly excited to find a pony that featured in the cartoon show (the only way I knew their names) and dreamed of finding "the three favourites" (Truly, Lancer and Lofty).  I wrote a monthly pony newsletter for my family in which my grandma wrote a story describing the ponies' antics as they searched for their missing friends, preparing a "Golden Horsebox" for their arrival.  I even made a Golden Horsebox out of a cardboard box for the pony royalty I was awaiting.   Alas, it wasn't to be.  Truly and Lofty were never sold in this country and Lancer... well, Hasbro decided he wasn't worthy of being made into a figurine.  :sad:

We didn't have a computer at home but I would go to the internet café once a month and research my ponies' names on e-Bay and Dream Valley until I found Debra Birge's book at a toy fair which identified most of them.  In 2005, my dad found MLPUK.com and I bought my first ponies online.  Soon I had Lofty and, despite being 14 by this time, I threw a huge party to celebrate using all the ideas I had been planning for years.  We attended my first Ponycon that November and found Truly...then I threw another party!  There I met Baggins Lover who told me I didn't need a computer of my own to get an e-mail address (yes, I was really so naive as to believe I did!), and I was finally able to join the online pony community.

I actively collect G1-G3.5.  I'm not a huge fan of G4s, but I do intend to pick them up if I see them at car boots and have a few that have been given to me as gifts etc.  Still not sure when or how my herd grew to over 3000 though...  Yes, 3000+.  :blink:   About 1450 different ponies (not counting plushies, miniature figurines, merchandise etc.), the rest are duplicates.  It pains me to get rid of my childhood "Rescue Ponies" but I know I have to start the process soon... :(

So there it is.  My pony history.  If you got that far, you deserve a cookie!  I don't think I can have possibly left anything out that people don't already know/would want to know, but you are more than happy to ask me anything, anytime. xD

And, just for good measure, here's a photo of me (with some of my ponies) which was taken last night...

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

(Yes, I do look a bit daft and half asleep - but it was late and I was determined to get a picture of myself after having my hair cut yesterday!)

Thanks for reading!  See you around the boards!  xxx

Offline LittleHoneyPie

• Trade Count: (+79)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Only love is real!
    • View Profile
Whoa! Awesome pony collection. And a pretty dress, too.

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
Welcome to the New Arena, Lancer. Dude, that is some awesome collection you have there. :wow:
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
How cool!  Love the pic!

Welcome back to the Arena!

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
Welcome back. Great pic :frolic:

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Hi! Welcome back to the arena!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
Welcome back to the new Arena, Lancer!  :D

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

schizophrana

• Trade Count: (0)
that is just AWSOME whats behind you. One day i will have as much ponies. One day.

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
Lancer it is so great to see you and some of your ponies!  Oh and welcome to our new play pen.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline butterflybuttons

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Feeling the G2 love
    • View Profile
    • My outdated DA
Welcome back!!

I love that photo of you.

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
Awl!  It was so nice to read about your history!  My life has been pretty crummy for the last few years too; I'm also trying to get back on track.  Maybe we can chat more when I buy the next batch of UK pony comics from you!
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline The_Loner

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • My Little Pony fan
    • View Profile
    • Dream Planet - The Toys
Hey Lancer  :) , I enjoyed reading your story! You sure have an impressive amount of ponies! I remember you posted some epic pictures at your own forum some years back :accomplished: . Does that place still exist? Must admit I haven't been there in ages  :blush: .

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
Welcome back!  I'm so jelly of your collection.

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal