collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ebay seller warning missbrownsboy2011- original issue resolved.  (Read 17289 times)

Offline Juri

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • The Revolutionary Girl
    • View Profile
Ebay seller warning missbrownsboy2011- original issue resolved.
« on: January 16, 2012, 03:16:40 PM »

------------------
Outcome:
------------------

20/2/12

The items that I ordered back in early November from rossjarrett2001 arrived today  :shocked:  much to my shock.

Again they arrived very dirty, but to be honest at this point I am glad they arrived at all --  by the time I realised this seller was dodgy it was too late to claim with ebay or paypal.

----

Thought I would leave all the history here  and update you all on the outcome of the situation.

I just received a refund from paypal for one of my claims, and then yesterday PE actually arrived in a reasonable condition (a little dirty but okay)
I cancelled my other claim since an item  actually arrived.

I was so lucky! I really hope the rest of you are also as fortunate with your purchases/disputes. I'm still waiting on my bank to get back to me about the rossjarrett transaction (items never arrived and that was paid for early November) but at least that purchase wasn't quite so expensive (around $120).

Hi all I’m continuing a post from the old forums about my experiences with buying Paradise Estate from ebay seller missbrownsboy2011. You can read about the start of the story here: http://www.mlparena.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=286416.html

In short, I purchased PE in a buy it now on 22 Dec 2011 for 300gbp + 90gbp shipping as given on the listing. The item was marked as shipped on 27 Dec.

A week later I noticed the seller had relisted PE three more times. One of the listings had been cancelled by the seller, another was an auction that ended with 1 successful bid at 200gbp, the third was a current buy it now at 350gbp.

I questioned the seller on 11 Jan 2012 and they said they had tried to contact me over Christmas to say that I needed to pay them extra shipping. I never received any contact from them during December 2011. After I messaged them, they put through a refund in paypal which was pending until 18 Jan but has now not gone through (I haven’t received a refund yet.) The seller seemed apologetic about the situation.

------------------
Update on PE:
------------------

A week ago, the seller put through a refund for my original payment, however this was later cancelled or otherwise didn’t go through on paypal so I haven’t actually received any money. The seller seemed apologetic about the situation.

Because I was really desperate to buy PE,and I thought the seller was just new to ebay and had made an honest mistake.. I responded to the seller and asked if they still had PE up for sale. The seller offered me PE at the original price I paid (around 300 gbp, I would just need to pay extra shipping on top of what I originally paid as the original shipping quote was incorrect). Because I was worried this would cause problems by finishing a transaction outside the ebay system, I instead offered to buy their current listing on ebay at 50 gbp more than what I paid (350 gbp plus shipping.)

The seller’s refund for my original payment hadn’t gone through so I suggested that I could pay once I had received that money, however they weren’t keen on that idea and because I was trying to make this as easy as possible, I paid them in full for the second listing (350 + shipping). Right now I have paid them twice, around 900 gbp (at current exchange rates, around $1350 AU/USD).

Before paying them the second time I messaged the seller several times to confirm the shipping method (I specifically wanted a method with tracking and with insurance to 350gbp). The seller used parcelforce value economy which has tracking but only on the seller’s side as you need to be a logged in account holder to track parcels sent by this method, which means I can’t personally track it.

The seller has since sent me proof of posting with a receipt showing that they personally paid 35% less than what I paid them to ship the item (I paid 162 gbp and they paid 120 gbp) which I think is a pretty high markup even accounting for the cost of packaging and fuel to get to the post office. The difference between what I paid and what the seller paid is around $64 USD.

-------------------
My situation so far:
-------------------

UPDATE:

I escalated my claim for my original purchase and I also made a paypal claim (and escalated it) for my second purchase from missbrownsboy2011. When submitting the second claim, paypal automatically let me escalate it because the ‘seller is unavailable to respond’ – I wonder if paypal have frozen their accounts already due to all these disputes and the fraudulent ebay activity?

With the rossjarrett2011 purchase, I was too late to submit a claim through paypal but I contacted my bank who are looking into that transaction.

I haven’t received any communication from missbrownsboy2011 since I filed my first dispute through paypal. I haven’t received an update on either claim from paypal.

I also lodged a complaint with ebay regarding the three usernames and suspicious activity.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Still waiting on refund for 392 gbp, or $628 AUD
Hoping that PE shipped to me this time and expect it in around 2 weeks

I know I took a lot of risks with this seller and even though I tried to communicate as clearly as possible I could have done more to protect myself such as using a parcel forwarding service, which I was seriously considering and really wish I had done. (the irony is that I decided against the shipping service due to the additional cost ...)
I am still hoping for a positive outcome but given other ebayer’s experiences with this person it’s hard to say what might happen now. I haven’t raised any official disputes against them yet as I am still hoping to end this amicably but want other mlp fans to be informed about the situation so that you can make your own decisions about whether to buy from this seller.

Aside from my own situation, recently I noticed that the third listing of PE that went up previously (the auction with starting price of around 200 gbp) was bought by rossjarrett2011, since missbrownsboy2011 left positive feedback for rossjarrett on this listing. This seems to be the same listing which missbrownsboy2011 said was cancelled ‘due to buyer not having paypal’. This is in itself quite odd particularly if rossjarrett2011 is the same user as missbrownsboy2011; I’m pretty sure it’s against ebay rules for people to bid on their own auctions using a second account.
See also this related thread about missbrownsboy2011 and rossjarrett2011 being the same seller, which I only read after buying items from both sellers: http://www.mlparena.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=283406.html (I haven’t received my ponies from rossjarrett2011 either). I have also since heard from the OP of that thread that they have now made a third ebay account missbrownslots  :( 

I feel really stupid for falling for this seller and Im just not sure what to do  :cry:

« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 05:21:07 PM by Juri »

Offline SFlame

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+123)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay seller warning missbrownsboy2011 - any advice welcome :(
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 04:13:01 PM »
You need to put in two claims, as soon as possible, i would escalate the first that should have been refunded and wait on the second, if you are not past the cut off point already...

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 07:13:53 PM »
I'm sorry this is still going on! how stressful and what a lot of money she owes you too! :yikes:  I would not trust this person! you have given her long enough for this to be resolved and you have tried to work things out. The fact that she keeps relisting your item is very worrying, and something sounds very off!  :crazy:   I would definitely advise that you open 2 claims right away.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Oneleo1

• sounds like oreo
  • Trade Count: (+259)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • E-crater Oneleo1
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 07:15:41 PM »
I agree, file and escalate the claim immediately! Hopefully you will at least get your money back!
Man who wear lampshade on head is bright!

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details :)

Offline lovebeam

• Trade Count: (+42)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 10:35:36 PM »
dude why would you pay again if you thought it wasn't on in the first place?
2,2 2 names in one! Lovebeam @ Cobralily

Offline Juri

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • The Revolutionary Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 10:49:19 PM »
dude why would you pay again if you thought it wasn't on in the first place?

Well short answer is because I am very gullible. 

At that point I had no reason to think that the seller was being untruthful, they had put through (I thought) a refund for the first sale and it had just been xmas. The story about needing just a little more postage seemed legitimate since they were so new to ebay I could also believe that they just messed up on the contacting me somehow and must have thought I was messing them around.  Also the communication was apologetic and sounded sincere - they always message back promptly with detailed responses.

I now know better.

This is the first time I have ever had this happen on ebay in the 9 years that I have been buying and selling on the site - I even bought my last car from ebay. I guess this has shown me that I need to be more careful.

Offline Saoirse

• Trade Count: (+75)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Part time collector, Full time addict!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 03:59:36 AM »
thats just awful,I hope you get it sorted :(

She had a mint dreams listed the other day, but I didnt bother bidding after seeing your other thread

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 06:16:01 AM »
Open the claims ASAP and give ebay as much information as possible.  rossjarrett2011 is the same person as missbrownsboy2011, he/she is a bloody nuisance, sent me the wrong pony and I have heard of them sending other ponies in a disgusting state  :mad:

Hope you get your money back. I would definitely leave them a negative!

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2012, 08:51:09 AM »
Oh great. I bought something from her and I'll be collecting the parcel from the post office tomorrow. Be interesting to see what's inside.

Always looking for MLP erasers

Offline hodgemo2

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+466)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2012, 01:19:32 PM »
Wow.  What a pain.  I agree with what has been said.  Open claims/cases right away!

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2012, 08:58:33 PM »
Put in two claims immediately, Paypal should side with you and issue a refund if you have not recieved your item. That is really bad for a seller to rip someone off not just once, but twice *shakes head*

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2012, 01:31:55 AM »
Wow, what an horrible situation. Claim ASAP as everyone has said. I hope you get youre money back.

Thank you :heart:

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2012, 03:19:11 AM »
I think most of us have given sellers the benefit of the doubt , especially when it involves an item we really want. It always pays to be super careful now though.. :awake:
Oh great. I bought something from her and I'll be collecting the parcel from the post office tomorrow. Be interesting to see what's inside.

Aww hun! I really hope that everything is ok with your parcel from her! :hug:  please update us and let us know how it goes .

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2012, 09:38:03 PM »
Open another Claim! and Escalate the second one! Quite trying to communicate with them because I had a similar problem with the seller rossjarrett2011 about receiving the wrong pony and another problem with the shipping. I filed and won my case through eBay. But then I notice some of missbrownsboys2011 ponies...they had the excact photos (Same back ground settings and same quality of picture) I honestly believe they are the same! I also just seen the new name missbrownslots and I do think all three are the same. I've contacted ebay myself over the three names and my thoughts that all three are the same!
Good Luck, you should get all your money back as long as you opened within 45 days.

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Offline willa

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Greek Ladybird Mint in Egg
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2012, 02:36:16 AM »
So sorry to hear you have had a bad time... I have to report I also bought from RossJarrett and had a bad experience....
I specifically asked for the pony's condition, they described as no flaws, when it arrived half the hair was hacked off, you couldn't see this in the bad photo as it was swept over one side and there were body marks too. 
Took a while but I got a refund after some pretty unpleasant emails from them.  I am also aware they have now opened new ebay accounts so beware guys... 
Really hope you get it resolved soon Juri! x   

UPDATE!!!

Forgive me if i'm wrong but have missbrownsboys all gone off ebay?  I just tried to look for 2 ponies that I saw she listed yesterday... They were on buy it now on ebay a few days ago with another seller and they must have bought them and immedietely relisted at over double the price... I was curious to see if they sold so I just checked and couldn't find any of her lots not even in my ended listings...?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 08:23:09 AM by willa »
SEEKING... Princess Taffeta & Pristina, 7 Tales Bon Bon and Peru Unicorns Moonstone & Windy x

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal