collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: So it WAS Hasbro After All!  (Read 6229 times)

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
So it WAS Hasbro After All!
« on: January 16, 2012, 11:27:15 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq9k9uEpEm8&feature=channel_video_title
According to this video, Hasbro WAS behind the removal of those FiM episodes on YouTube, including an accidental mispelling of their company name for certain notices.

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: So it WAS Hasbro After All!
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 11:36:56 AM »
Um, I thought we already knew that due to copyright?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 11:39:26 AM »
I never doubted it. But I don't see why it matters.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 11:51:02 AM »
Yeah i saw that on EQD. It's annoying but i don't think one can blaim Hasbro.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 12:17:26 PM »
Its annoying but at the end of the day why shouldnt we expect HB to protect their rights...sometimes I am a little amazed with the volume of other things that they dont raise a complaint to
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline lilgryphon

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.worldlydogs.com
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 01:01:44 PM »
Its annoying but at the end of the day why shouldnt we expect HB to protect their rights...sometimes I am a little amazed with the volume of other things that they dont raise a complaint to

Agreed...customs come to mind for me, we should be glad that they seem to encourage them and that they haven't stepped in on rights ownership.
www.worldlydogs.com ~ Deviant Art~Short Stories
There comes a time when a man must stand for what he believes in, consequence be damned.

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2012, 01:11:51 PM »
Interesting... on one hand I can understand the intellectual property rights claim and that they want people to either watch on The Hub or buy it on iTunes, but I do agree with what is said in the video about how the show would never have been this popular without youtube. I know the Hub does put full episodes on their site (thank goodness, and Family Appreciation Day is up at the moment) but does anyone know their schedule though? How long after the ep. airs is it put on the site? (it seems they don't right away as Baby Cakes is not up) and after how long is it taken down? It's going to be really hard to wait and avoid others discussions of new episodes if that becomes the only way for me to watch, and I will miss being able to go back and  re-watch episodes or certain scenes.

I really wish they would come out with full season DVD/Blue ray (I won't buy on iTunes >_>).
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 01:15:41 PM by 3377345 »

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2012, 01:32:53 PM »
Interesting... on one hand I can understand the intellectual property rights claim and that they want people to either watch on The Hub or buy it on iTunes, but I do agree with what is said in the video about how the show would never have been this popular without youtube. I know the Hub does put full episodes on their site (thank goodness, and Family Appreciation Day is up at the moment) but does anyone know their schedule though? How long after the ep. airs is it put on the site? (it seems they don't right away as Baby Cakes is not up) and after how long is it taken down? It's going to be really hard to wait and avoid others discussions of new episodes if that becomes the only way for me to watch, and I will miss being able to go back and  re-watch episodes or certain scenes.

I really wish they would come out with full season DVD/Blue ray (I won't buy on iTunes >_>).

While the show is popular , i wonder how many of the fans actually buy any of the products. So i can see why Hasbro wouldn't feel too bothered about it. They don't really gain much from fans who don't spend any money. In fact, if there is one thing most of the new the fans would buy it's DVD's/ Blue rays. So it makes sense Hasbro would start pulling some of the episodes.
Also, it's already comfirmed there will be no full season box sets. The makers just think it is too risky and i can understand that.

SuniMoon

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2012, 01:38:27 PM »
.... Why are we getting upset over this?
I'm amazed there are aaaaany FiM episodes on YT.
Most companies would have those taken down a lot faster....
Alot with PMVs, and any other fan videos made.

Hasbro's actually pretty generous, like somebody said, they're just peachy with us making customs... But posting full episodes for free online DOES actually count as piracy, unlike things a lot of other companies call piracy...

I do find it a bit irksome, since there's no DVD release, and no other way for me to watch FiM... But it's still piracy, and it still makes sense that hasbro wants them down... (Even though releasing more DVD's would HELP the piracy issue...)

Now, if they were to want PMV's taken down? Or demand that people stop making and selling customs? Theeeen they'd be stepping all over our rights, and I'd have a problem.

But this? Not too huge an issue, guys. It makes sense that they're doing this.

Although, full season box sets being risky? I don't get that logic.... I mean, I get it in a big businessy sense, but in a normal human logic sense? No. It doesn't cost that much to produce DVD's.  A simple, bare bones, full season release would NOT actually cost them that much to develop, and there's no way they'd LOSE money from it.... Unfortunately, most all companies aren't worried about losing money, they're worried about not making enough.

But eh.... There are still other ways of accessing these episodes. So again, no huge deal.  :huh:

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2012, 01:47:13 PM »
Although, full season box sets being risky? I don't get that logic.... I mean, I get it in a big businessy sense, but in a normal human logic sense? No. It doesn't cost that much to produce DVD's.  A simple, bare bones, full season release would NOT actually cost them that much to develop, and there's no way they'd LOSE money from it.... Unfortunately, most all companies aren't worried about losing money, they're worried about not making enough.

It's the buyers who make those type of decisions. Buyers for stores.  That's why it is risky.

Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2012, 02:47:09 PM »
I know the amount of fakies knock offs and now all those prototype G4's?  That is amazing they are not going after them.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline TokiBear

• Wibbly Wobbly, Timey Wimey
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • We're all stories in the end...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2012, 03:14:38 PM »
I'm going to have to say Hasbro is right on this one too. Is it nice and convenient for those of us who may not be able to watch the show any other way? Yes!  I don't have The Hub and I can't afford to purchase them all from iTunes, so of course I would turn to YouTube. But that just means that Hasbro lost my money because I can watch whatever episode I want for free.  If everyone does that... Then Hasbro makes no money so I really have no problem with Hasbro protecting its copyright by asking for the videos to be removed. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal