collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Show me one of your fav ponies and tell me a story about it!  (Read 14764 times)

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Show me one of your fav ponies and tell me a story about it!
« on: January 16, 2012, 07:39:36 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Lil spark helped me to get this girl. It took about 6 months for her to arrive, but it was totally worth it. Her wings are covered in glitter, but I think it adds to her charm. God I love blondes!

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
Re: Show me one of your fav ponies and tell me a story about it!
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 07:40:04 AM »
She looks great with bright hair!

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 12:52:52 PM »
Your German Princess Tiffany is really beautiful!! 

When I was a little girl, Lady Flutter was my most coveted pony.  Unfortunately, she eluded me because my supposed friend bought the only one at the store under me.  Years went by, and I began collecting ponies again after seeing Buzzer on eBay.  Finally, the day came when I was able to buy Lady Flutter.  When she arrived at my house, she looked GORGEOUS!  I almost cried because I was so happy to finally own her:)  So now I currently own 3 of them and I still adore her.

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline Talismarr

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 01:25:13 PM »

One of my favourites is Coco Berry, who I had to take to work and take photos of on a dare. I can't remember if the dare was to take them specifically to work, or just take them with you wherever you went that day, but I took mine to work and I just remember her making me smile all day, so now she is one of my favourites. We have a special bond ^_^

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 01:36:51 PM »
Excellent stories. Lady and Coco are lovely.

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 02:49:18 PM »
I don't have a photo woth him on his own, but the barnicle in the front of this photo is very special to me. I have culled down my collection to near nothing since this photo, but that pinky pie army was pretty awesome :D

Barnicle was the last pony that I took up to the nursing home to see my pop before he passed away, he used to like my pony collection, and Barnicle was one of the last that came in, he really fancied him with the little pirate hat & all, so even though Barnicle is almost considered bait due to lots of marks & spots, he will never leave my hands, and will never be customized, I like him just as he is.

I have a couple of other ponies or fakies that are special to me as they are gifts from loved ones, but barnicle holds a very special place in my heart :) My pop was the only grandparent I ever really formed a bond with, and I have many fond memories spending time with him as a child.

Offline okapishomapi

• Programming Pony
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • NERD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2012, 03:53:43 PM »
I don't have a photo woth him on his own, but the barnicle in the front of this photo is very special to me. I have culled down my collection to near nothing since this photo, but that pinky pie army was pretty awesome :D

Barnicle was the last pony that I took up to the nursing home to see my pop before he passed away, he used to like my pony collection, and Barnicle was one of the last that came in, he really fancied him with the little pirate hat & all, so even though Barnicle is almost considered bait due to lots of marks & spots, he will never leave my hands, and will never be customized, I like him just as he is.

I have a couple of other ponies or fakies that are special to me as they are gifts from loved ones, but barnicle holds a very special place in my heart :) My pop was the only grandparent I ever really formed a bond with, and I have many fond memories spending time with him as a child.

That's horribly sad and I'm sorry for your loss...but that seems like a wonderful way to remember you pop :lovey:

Thank you, taxel and Antlercat!
Okapi's Want List ~ Fishmeal Ref ~ Shomapi Ref

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2012, 07:06:27 PM »

:hug:

This is my favorite pony, Wind Whistler:

And here's my story.  When I was four, I received Wind Whistler as a Christmas present and I loved her.  I thought she was so pretty, with her soft blue color and her lovely pink hair.  I was a fairly well-behaved kid and I managed to convince my mom to let me bring her with me to the mall, something that my parents never let us do.  Of course, I promptly lost her and I felt horrible about it for days afterwards.  Indeed, I could still remember the incident clearly two decades later.

Fast forward twenty years later, I had just started pony collecting and I was at Savers.  They had just brought out a new basket of toys to stock the back shelves and what should appear before my eyes but an absolutely mint SS Windwhister.  Unfortunately, a little girl had gotten to the basket first and she'd picked up the pony before me.  So I waited, holding my breath, until the little girl put Wind Whistler down.  I asked her if she wanted it; she said no and walked away so I very excitedly picked up Windwhistler.  And though the odds of it being the one I'd lost are slim, it still felt like it was the one I had lost at the mall finally coming home to me after all these years.  She was dressed in the "Something Old, Something New" wedding dress, so I partnered her with the boy pony I'd found the week before (Wigwam) and excitedly brought her over to my mom's basket.

I actually found a bunch of g1s that day, but I could have found just her and I would have been just as happy.  She's the prized jewel of my collection and my favoritest pony ever.   :enthralled: 
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2012, 07:31:49 PM »
Wow, all these stories are so touching! I´m extremely sleepy right now but if I remember it, I will contribute to the topic. I just wanted to say that this is a wonderful topic and all the posts are wonderful :)
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2012, 09:16:10 PM »
My absolute favorite pony is my childhood Little Flitter, Buttercup  :lovey:  She is the reason I collect ponies now, since I found the Arena while trying to figure out her real name.  I had just ID'd her when I realized her hair was supposed to be pink (I was shocked, most of my ponies came from baggies at the thrift store when I was a kid)!  Seeking more info, I googled her and ended up here!  The rest is history  :)

She's the white-haired LF at the front of my army  :lovey:  I will never ever repink her!

Closeup
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 09:16:57 PM by ZennaBug »

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2012, 09:25:44 PM »
One of my all time favorites is my TAF Milky Way.  I got her as a child on a summer trip visiting my maternal grandparents.  They passed away shortly after that trip, so that pony reminds me of them.  :)

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2012, 05:07:57 AM »
Fingerpaints: What a touching story.

Ashes: one of these days I'll convince you to get Brazilian Milky Way. One of these days...

Scarlet: such a great story. I'm glad you rescued that Ww!

Zen: such a cute photo at the bottom.

Spid: great story. So many lost ponies :(

Above is my beloved childhood Seaflower. The above photos are a good indicator of just how loved she was. I assume my mom threw her away at some point. She's probably in a landfill now or might already be destroyed utterly. Very sad. However, I cherish the replacement Seaflower I got as an adult.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 06:33:51 AM by tuneful87 »

Offline TheGreatSpid

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2012, 06:26:29 AM »

Sparkle baby firefly has to be my absolute favorite! She is particularly special to me because, she is one of my four ponies from my childhood that survived my teenage years, and the giving away of my collection to goodwill. I’m particularly fond of this one because as a child, my grandfather took me to the store to pick out a pony, which was sparkle baby firefly, but a few weeks later I lost her (the first and only pony I lost) I was so sad, that my mom decided to take me back to the store and get me another!! I’ve kept her safe ever since!

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2012, 06:38:32 AM »
Anyone else?

Offline darknessunisousboy

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • http://darknesscustomshack.webs.com/
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2012, 02:53:16 AM »
I love all your stories and lovely ponies I have two very favorite ponies.

#1 is my childhood milkyway.

in April 1987 for my birthday my mom bought me Milkyway. I brought her to my friends house carefully removed her from the package. I remember that night we had pizza hut pizza. My milkyway found her feet in a piece of pizza. That night she got left in the bath tub by my friends sister so she got water stuck inside her :( . the next morning I was playing with milkyway with barbie lipstick it stained milkyways lips red. So later that day went to go home and could not find my milkyway any where. Years later my friend told me her sister was jealous of me having milkyway so she buried it in the back yard. So before they moved my friend dug up the back yard and found my pony. But by then I had moved far away. So When She was 21 she donated my pony and alot of her barbies to the local value village. She had told me this when we met up after all these years that passed. Well a year went by an I was shopping and found a bag of G1s at value village. When I got home and open the bag I started to cry. I had found her my childhood Milkyway. Now you are asking why I thought she mine. She has dirt inbedded in her plastic,red pizza stains on her feet, rust on her tail, red lipstick stains on her lips, She is mine. I love her so much and will never loose her again.

#2 My My Pretty pony

When I was 13 I went to visit my great grandma Dot. She insisted on taking me to the town Bazar. At the time I was thinking yeah what fun lots of old ladies selling junk. I had pored over the tables for hours and Gramma Dot asked me if I saw anything. I said yeah but they probably want to much for it. So I showed her the My Pretty pony and we asked the lady how much. The lady said for you sweety a quarter. I was so happy. So we went home I gave the pony a bath and spent 3 hours untangling her hair. I still have her to this day. It is one of the happiest memories I have of gramma Dot after all these years.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal