collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Show me one of your fav ponies and tell me a story about it!  (Read 14775 times)

Offline CadePony

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Obsessed with My Little Pony and Transformers
    • View Profile
Re: Show me one of your fav ponies and tell me a story about it!
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2012, 08:40:49 AM »
Oh, where do I begin? I have four fave ponies! xD

Guess I'll start with G4 Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy, both pictured here with my Busou Shinki Partio:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Rainbow Dash is the first G4 Pony that I got, having received her for my birthday last year from my best friend. Funny story, after having lost interest in MLPs as a little girl and then learning about the new Friendship is Magic show, I was intrigued. Then, when I was looking around the toy aisles at my local Wal-Mart, right around the time they were releasing toys of the Mane 6, I saw they had a Basic Rainbow Dash and I was like, "OMG, want!" But I was shopping with my mom, and seeing that my mom wasn't big on my buying Transformers (yes, I'm a girl and I collect Transformers), I figured she wasn't going to like me buying the newer MLPs. But then, when it came around the time of my birthday, I listed Rainbow Dash at the top of the MLPs I wanted for my birthday (among other things)... and sure enough, that's who I ended up receiving on my birthday!

Fluttershy is my actual first G4 Pony retail purchase. Well, okay... I bought her along with Pinkie Pie and Twilight Sparkle, but Fluttershy was the first Pony I grabbed from the shelves. I absolutely adore her, she just looks so irresistibly cute! She's about to steal the number one fave pony spot from Rainbow Dash! xD Fluttershy has become such good friends with my Busou Shinki Partio; they seriously both look cute together, both in pictures and outside of having their pictures taken together.

And then here's my other two faves, Twinkleshine and Flitterheart:

Twinkleshine is one of four Ponies I received for Christmas from my best friend (the others being Feathermay, Snowcatcher and Fashion Style Rainbow Dash). I instantly loved her bio about her wanting to be a movie star, and it's that bio that reminds me of my best friend (she wants to be an actress). Flitterheart, I absolutely adore her color scheme, and to be honest, I was a bit disappointed that I didn't get her for Christmas. But luckily, on my first shopping trip after Christmas, I found a lone Flitterheart at my local Wal-Mart and I knew I couldn't leave the store without her. So now, she's getting as much attention from me as Twinkleshine, Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash are. xD

:heart: Thanks Nence for my adoptables in my sig and avatar!  :heart:

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2012, 08:58:11 AM »
Oh, darkness, I can barely believe your Milky Way story! Terrifying and beautiful all at the same time!

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2012, 09:29:55 AM »

Argentinian Fluttershy shall forever be known to me as 'Pretty Bow'. Before I discovered the Arena I used to always rely on Dream Valley for my pony information and on there was a pony which was believed to have come with the German show stable and was dubbed Pretty Bow. Since her origins at that time were unknown and she was considered insanely rare I almost feinted when I saw her in an eBay auction for four baity Argentinian ponies. I got up at about 3am to bid on the auction and was shaking like a leaf! I desperately wanted to win the auction and I did! Pretty Bow arrived soon after and she had very little of her hair left so I re-haired her (and the others in the lot too) and was somewhat smitten with my find.

Fastforward about two, maybe three years to when I joined the arena and of course found out that, while ever she is a Nirvana pony she isn't particularly hard to find and nowhere near as rare as I thought she was! It has been a source of much amusement for me and my husband thinking of how rare we thought she was when I found her :P

I can has more than one story?  :blush:

I wanted Lofty so badly when I was a kid. I'd seen her in my pony books and I just loved her. I could never find her anywhere and I now know that's because we didn't have So Softs in the UK. One of my friends, who was known to be quite creative with the truth told me that a girl who lived close to us had a Lofty and she might let me have it! I was so excited and kept pestering for her to take me to see her friend. We eventually did and of course there was no Lofty! I was sooooo disappointed! One of the first ponies I bought when I started collecting was of course Lofty. The one pictured first is an upgrade because the one I bought first had lots of flocking rub but I wanted her really badly and she was the only one on eBay at the time. The second one pictured is my first Lofty who I de-flocked and re-haired and I love them both to pieces.

When I was little my Grandparents used to take me to the second hand market in town. There were literally tables piled with My Little Pony and I had so much fun rummaging through them all, finding ones I didn't have and picking the one I would be allowed to buy that day (or sometimes two if I couldn't decide which one!) My Granddad used to spoil me rotten (in a nice way, not a me-being-bratty one :P )! I remember one time we went over the other times because that day I found Fireball. I loved him immediately and had no doubt that was the pony I wanted on that visit to the market. I kept my childhood Fireball even when I gave my pony collection away as a teenager but sadly he was lost along with Applejack (his girlfriend :P ) who I also kept. I still get upset about that to this day as I know I kept them but have no idea where they went. So my current Fireball is his 'replacement' and always reminds me of the happy times with my Grandparents and my Granddad who passed away when I was seventeen.

I'm having lots of fun with this, anyone mind if I tell another?  :blush:  (I have lots of ponies with stories behind them!)

This is 'Blat'! She is my husband's pony :) He says she has a cute fat face that reminds him of our cat and her pose looks like she's gone 'splat', but he says 'blat' because he's daft ;) I love her just because he does! The fact that my husband likes my ponies is, in itself, great, but the fact that he has a favourite and has declared her his pony is just brilliant! When he has to stay away from home overnight (for work, or if he goes out with the boys away from home) I secretly squirrel Blat into his bag so that he finds her when he arrives and it makes him smile. The first time I did it she was inside one of his t-shirts and he whipped it out and Blat went flying across the room and he says he was all "wut now?? o__O" LOL! The good thing is he doesn't go away very often so he forgets that I do it and is always nicely surprised to see the pony in his bag, which I'm told has pride of place on whatever bedside table he has there :P

Ok I'll stop now ;)

Offline nearlyheadlessnayy

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2012, 09:53:29 AM »
Gusty is my favourite of them all

Here she is looking fancy in her skating outfit :3

Gusty was my first ever G1, I was born in the time of G2's but luckily I have a cousion a few years older than me who donated her ponies to me when she got a bit older, I was over the moon and being the only unicorn in the box I was given she was immediately "special" I used to pour bubbles in my bath and pretend she had magiced them up!
 I was also very into the movie I had on VHS, and on a family walk me and her went hunting for bushwoolies in the forest, but I dropped her down a rabbithole, and alas she couldnt be reached, I was completely heart broken and cried buckets, on the way back to the car, some woman ran over to us and asked if i'd like a present to cheer me up (God I love kind old people like that) and she handed me my gusty! apparently her dog had dug her up and she'd taken her off him beifre she was chewed to a pulp!
my mum later made me a little pouch for me to wear whenever we went out.
Later when my childhood collection went into storage, I just couldnt throw her away with the rest of them, and after finding her at the back on my drawer a few years ago she is what got my back into collecting, she remains my only childhood pony even though I still learch the attic for my ponies in hope they might turn up suddenly.
BUt I just love gusty so much, dirt, highlighter makes and all ;)
*Thanks Tinrobo for my avatar! <3**

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2012, 09:56:37 AM »
Although I don't have a picture of them, I have three favorites. Daddy Bright Bouquet, Baby Sister Bright Bouquet and Splasher the baby seapony. I don't remember where we found them but my mum and grandma used to buy me ponies from car boots and charity shops. These three were always my favourite, I always loved seaponies but because I was only 3, I never knew that any other seaponies existed, until now and that is why I collect adult seaponies, Splasher is my favourite baby sea pony and willl always be because I remember the bath adventures we used to have together. They are a slightly sad memory too because around that time, my nanama used to travel a lot and I hardly saw her, but I would wait so desperately for her to come home and that would make it all better. So they are beautiful to me, just the way they are.  :think:

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2012, 10:55:04 AM »
MIB Whitecap. She was up for BIN a few years ago, and I couldn't hit the button fast enough. The seller is one of the nicest collectors I've come across too, so I always smile when I see that pony, (or the other I added to that order). :)

Back over ten years ago, I got a whitecap, with box and accessories. The lady who ran the seapony utopia really wanted to buy her off of me, she was going to bid on the same auction but missed it by seconds. Thinking there would be no way in heck I'd ever get the others, I sold off just the packaging. Then, ended up with 4 others! I had a huge case of sellers regret, even though I was happy it ended up with someone who really appreciated it. Since then it seemed every MIB seapony I needed was "usa only" shipping. So it was years before this one came up. Talk about patients!

« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 10:59:59 AM by FantasticFirefly »

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2012, 11:52:05 AM »

Well, unfortunately, I don't have my childhood Sweetsteps...  But she was one of the first ponies I remember actually buying.  There used to be this really neat store called Ben Franklin's, over in Snyder Plaza in the *rich* area of Dallas lol.  Mom used to work for Digital, before it was bought out by Compaq, so she was able to afford for me to have a weekly "pay day" (aka, my allowance).  I remember the trip to Ben Franklin's one particular Friday after mom gave me my allowance.  She bought a clock that's shaped like the state of Texas (we still have it up in our kitchen!), and I bought baby Sweetsteps.  Unfortunately, she didn't make one of the moves later on in my life, but she always held a special place in my heart.  So I was VERY happy to get her again!!  She's one of my most treasured ponies, since she's one of the ponies I specifically remember buying.  Plus I miss that time in my life...it was the one time in my life where everything was absolutely perfect. 

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2012, 01:32:45 PM »
Sarah: Your Lofty is gorgeous! You lucky girl! Thanks for sharing your stories.

FF: I need pics! My poor Whitecap is in horribly condition. His head needs to be glued on, for one...

Nayy: Love the outfit! So retro.

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2012, 02:33:03 PM »

This was the first gal I bought, the one I sold off the box to. :) -the ribbon is wrong though! The other one, my MIB, I don't think I have her picture online.

Offline Brightglowpony

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2012, 06:11:27 PM »

This is a great thread.  These stories are very touching. 

This is my Floater, whom I got for my seventh birthday.  I invited two girls who were sisters to my party, and they lived a couple doors down.  They had ponies too and we would play together.  They had Floater and I always loved her, but did not have her.  At this time G1s were becoming hard to find in stores, if even at all.  Even though they had a much smaller collection than me, for my birthday, they gave me Floater from their collection.  To this day I feel truly touched by their kindness.  She is a very special part of my herd. 
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 06:20:04 PM by Brightglowpony »
Wishlist
Thank you to Witch for my stunning avatar!

Offline Jocelyn

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2012, 07:44:05 PM »

The timing of her arrival was very fortunate. I had just gotten her a few days before my grandpa died. I hadn't seen him for months because I was halfway across the country for school, so it was really tough. I got the news late at night/early in the morning, so nobody could be there with me. Flowerburst was the only thing that kept me from being alone that night, she kind of helped me cope a little bit. Or at least let me cry on her :)

The last photo I had taken with my grandpa was when I was in my prom dress, which was the same color as Flowerburst's coat. The color of grandpa's tie he was buried in was the exact same blue as her mane.

She was also the first pony whose photo made my heart drop. She's just so beautiful and elegant, and I don't think any other pony can ever take that part of my heart she's claimed :) She's gone everywhere with me since then, in a plastic baggie in my purse. I just feel more comfortable and safe, knowing she's always there with me.

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2012, 10:17:26 PM »
Oh my goodness, these stories are all so sweet!!!

darknessunisousboy, I can't believe you found your childhood Milky Way!!!!!

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

elvanui

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2012, 06:52:39 AM »
So touching stories everyone... And beautiful pics!

I'm sorry I canot attach a pic but can I tell my story as well:)? It is about one of my fav ponies, my favourite newborn, the dark blue German Baby Stargaze.
I took her to the hospital with me last year when my son was born, as I was a bit teary about parting with my daughter for a few days, and as she loves newborns she picked her out for me to accompany me. Well two days after Marci was born my daughter and my husband both fell ill with a terrible stomach flu and had to get to hospital. They stayed in for a night as they were kinda drying out due to the stomach issues. And the thing was, I could not see them because of the epidemy, so I would not pass the illness to the 50-so newborn babies including my son. And they were on the exact same corridor which I was with Marci, just on the other end, I even heard my daughter cough many times, but I could only talk to her on the phone that night. But I managed to send this little pony with a kind nurse to be with my daughter and Daddy as long as I cant... And my poor little princess was so brave and strong, didn't cry at all with the infusion  in her little arm all night, could even sleep some on the tiny bed holding Daddys hand.  Later when everything went right she told me that Stargaze's arm was hurt, but she did not cry as she is now a big little pony girl:)...
So Stargaze always succeeds in bringing tears to my eyes. She is my lucky mascot pony now, kind of the representative of my connection with my kids... when I went to the hospital and to see doctors, I always brought her with me since then.

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2012, 03:10:57 PM »
FF: Ooops, I'm confusing them! I have the one with the red hair!

brightglow: She's so adorable.

sydney: What a touching story. I'm glad she was there to comfort you.

elv: Another great story. Stargaze sure is a cutie!

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2012, 03:43:40 PM »
Aw, so many cute stories :) and so many lost ponies...
Ive got one too.
When My Little Pony Generation 1 slowly came to an end, that great big toy-chain opened a store near my hometown. It was TRU back then and we did not have any other store like this. I was sooo excited ! My grandma Traudi took me there when the store had its great opening one day and I was allowed to pick any tow I like !! OMG, I could not be happier. After hours of thinking I picked one of the 7 Tales Ponies, it was Clover (Glücksklee in german). Well Clover was not exactly what I imagined her to be after watching the TV series.... but well, I kinda liked her color, so she was mine. Sadly, I never really got into her as much as I was into my other ponies, so she stayed in the toybox most of the time.
The years passed by and I finally found myself adult. When I started collecting I still had almost all of my original childhood herd, but I made this stupid mistake and traded some of them away. *sigh* ... Clover was one of them. At one of the german MLP boards, a girl of 12 years asked me to sell her to her, back then in 2004. I agreed and shipped the pony. I got 10€ for her which was a lot for an old toy-pony (so I thought). Well, the girl, though sooo in love with ponies, never made it to that board again. I just kept her name in mind.
Well, about a year later, I remembered Clover one day and I regretted selling her, since she was one of my original childhood ponies and I should have never been giving her away. I tried to get a new one, but I never got one. One was stolen from my doorstep, one was lost during shipping, one never got sent by the former owner, one disappeared with her buyer... it was like crazy.
Then one day a new member came to the new german MLP board. It was a young woman of 18years, she was kind and friendly and told us of her ponies she had as a child. Everything was as always but then one day I got a message. It was her. "I heard you are looking for a new Clover? I have one for sale, shes old, but nice, I bought her when I was 12, but I never liked her that much. Shes in good condition, but she carries a V under her hoof." I could not believe my eyes... a V??? All my childhood ponies used to carry my first letter (a V) under their hooves. My original Clover carried one too. Trembling in joy I wrote back that I would immidiately pay her, whatever she costs!! Could this be my old childhood Clover? Can anybody have that much luck??
It was such a hard time waiting for her to arrive. It was around christmas 2010 and as always, the postal service was slow. The package had a tracking number and I looked it up every single day. Two days before I got it it disappeared, the service was telling that it "has arrived", but it wasnt here !! omg, I was close to crying, as you can imagine. Another lost Clover?? But luckily it was only the postman, who had forgot her on the seat of his car... I got the package a few days later.
When I opened the package there was a note saying "Here is your pony, I hope you love her!" ... and there she was ! I immidiately checked the "V" and YES !!! IT WAS HER !!! The good old Clover my grandma Traudi bought for me back then !!! I wrote a message asap to her seller to say thank you, to tell how much that means to me but... she was gone. She never appeared at the MLP board again and all the mails I sent her came back. Im still close to tears while thinking of this story... more than ever now, because my beloved grandma Traudi died last year in march and I miss her so so so much... Im so happy that I got this pony back after so many years and I will hold her forever now because she was my childhoodpony and my grandma got her for me.

This is her btw

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal