collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Show me one of your fav ponies and tell me a story about it!  (Read 14766 times)

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
Re: Show me one of your fav ponies and tell me a story about it!
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2012, 03:58:04 PM »
Oh gosh, some of these stories made me a little emotional. I don't easily get emotional, but these stories~~ They made my eyes water a bit.
I wish I had a story as wonderful as these. :( My childhood ponies are long gone by now and I don't even have the strength to rebuy any of them. Only ones I for sure remember having are mail order Seabreeze, Water Lily with her frog costume and Sky Skimmer. I remember that frog costume always made me smile. Someday I'll buy them back. Some day.. Don't have the money for it now, but I will eventually. And then cry like a little baby when I open up that box.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 04:02:58 PM by Flitter »
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2012, 04:54:30 PM »

In college a couple years back I was very into collecting G3's, especially RD, my favorite. (This was before the Core 6 came out, which is when I stopped collecting.) My friends in college always put up with my pony babble with fond but somewhat strained smiles. I think they thought I was a little kooky to decorate my room with so many ponies. I had over 200 Ponies in my room. They were everywhere....

One year my birthday came around and I was in a bad mood cuz my birthday always puts me in a bad mood. I'm just one of those people. But I came home after classes, to the apartment/house the four of us lived in, and I saw a MLP cake sitting there on the kitchen table with Rainbow Dash on top it! I totally freaked out. My friends had all gone out and bought me a MLP cake!

A few years later one of my college friends was visiting my new apartment and looked at my Rainbow Dash display with that same fond but strained smile I had come to know. She said, "So which Rainbow Dash is your favorite?" and of course I picked up the Rainbow Dash cake topper. Best birthday ever lol. (In the photo, it's the one in the front row on the far left, sitting down.)
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline josiekat

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There's no such thing as a bait Bluebelle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2012, 07:21:42 PM »

This girl. She is my most favorite pony in my entire herd. She is the ONE pony I could never give up. Never. She is my only remaining childhood pony. I can remember playing with her. My 5 year old hands held her. Only, back then, I was so mean to her. She wasn't a real pony. I eventually punished her by putting her up in my grandparent's attic and forgetting about her. 20 or so years later, my mom and I were cleaning out the attic for my grandma, and I came across her. I immediately thought about all of the posts I had made here and at the TP, saying how I lost my whole herd. How I would never be able to hold a childhood pony again, and as much as I love my replacement ponies.....it would never be quite the same. I held this girl in my hands, and literally started crying. Tears of joy. I looked at my mom and said....I still have one. She smiled, and said...."maybe you'll find some more". I knew I wouldn't. This was the only pony I treated this way. The others were never out of my room for long. I felt like I was in Toy Story. This little girl waited in the attic for 20 years....waiting for me to come and get her again. I did.....and I'll never put her away again. She is displayed grandly in my cabinet with my prized sets. I have bought other Totsy's so she wouldn't feel lonely or out of place in the herd. She is my most special pony. :)

Offline clones_rebellion

• Evil Swap Queen
  • Trade Count: (+422)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2012, 07:35:47 PM »

Tex is and always will be one of my very favorite ponies. My early childhood was a rather lonely time for me. My mother was in a very bad place in her life and I was mostly ignored by my older siblings, so I always played with my ponies by myself. Mom got remarried when I was seven and my stepfather became the center of my world. He is the first person I ever remember playing with me. He bought Tex for me and when he played with me the only pony he ever wanted was Tex. I gladly surrendered him just so someone would play with me. My stepfather is still my hero. :)

We moved to Maine what I was 10 and I started the fifth grade. I met this girl named Carrie who also had and loved ponies. We became fast friends (my first real friend!) and we didn't care that the other kids picked on us because we were "too old" for ponies. She drew me a picture that I still have. We would almost compete with each other to see who could get the coolest ponies. She usually won! One day she brought the most beautiful Rain Curl pony with perfect curls to school, but sadly, she got a pen mark on her neck with in Carrie's backpack. I told her I could get the mark off, so I took her home with me. A few days later I found out that Carrie had to move away suddenly. We kept in touch as much as possible and we saw each other a few times a year, but of course we weren't as close as we used to be. Fast forward years later and I'm getting married and moving in with my hubby. I got a job a McDonalds and guess who is working there? Carrie! So we reignited our friendship and shortly after we agreed that since Rain Curl had been living with me for so long anyway I should officially keep her. :heart: (To this day, she still has a faded blue ink mark on her neck!) And you all now know Carrie as Mareacooda! :)

~My Wishlist!~ Thank you Moonbreeze for my Atlas and Bastet siggy!

Offline Kalavista

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+276)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Open for commissions!
    • View Profile
    • KalaCustoms
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2012, 07:48:40 PM »
This thread is lovely... so many wonderful stories!!

This is Jack:

He's a horribly baity Powder, but he'll never be customized; he was my first pony! To this day Powder in general is still one of my favorite pony designs.

And this is Sunbeam:

When she came out, I think I was 11 years old, and my younger sister and I still played ponies for HOURS every day. Sunbeam was my main character, the favorite of my herd.
And the main character of my sister's herd was Starflash; they were best friends forever, like me and my sister!
:heart:

Offline tehrin

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2012, 07:54:43 PM »

Gusty
My favoritest pony! She was my first G1 when I was about 3 years old. I remember taking her everywhere. She went in the bathtub with me, and... probably ended up suffering from horrible tail rust. XD  I treasured her very much, but I'm not sure what happened to her. She was probably sold with the rest of my ponies in a Garage sale when I was 11 or 12.

When I got into collecting last year, Gusty was the very first G1 I bought!

Baby Bouncy
When I was 5 years old, we were at the store and I saw the first tooth babies. I fell in love. Being the spoiled child I was, I cried and cried in the store in hopes of my parents caving in and buying it for me. But they didn't, saying that it was almost my birthday. So... I was patient... as patient as a little 5 year old could be.  A few weeks later, it was my birthday. I was so excited! It was time for ponies! I was given my gift, but... broke into tears when I opened it. Instead of a pony, I got a panda bear lamp. o_o It was just a stuffed animal attached to a lamp. My dad put a green lightblub in it... my favorite color. I remember sitting in my room and crying for about 2 hours. "I WANT A MY LITTLE PONY!  I WANT A MY LITTLE PONY!!!" WHAAAA. lol!

It was probably over the summer the next year, we went to a flea market or garage sale. I found a still boxed Baby Bouncy! My parents finally bought her for me. She went with me just about everywhere, especially since she was so small.

I remember when I was 7, moving to Ohio from Virginia, I held her all the way on the car ride! :D

As for the other ponies in the picture, they're not my favoritest, but they happen to be in the picture! XD

Red Roses
I had a friend named Heather when I was 12 who lived the the apartment above me. She was a few years younger than me, but I didn't care. We used to play ponies all the time, as well as video games and watch movies! Her grandmother was a bit on the strict side and refused to let us see eachother after she found out that I was turning 13. Apparently I was too old and I was going to badly influence her? I donno! We just liked playing ponies! ;_;  We'd sneak and find ways to talk still, and she'd let me borrow a pony or two to play with! I'd sneak and return it to her on her balcony the next day. XD

After I moved, we exchanged addresses and we wrote eachother back and forth, until I lost her address in high school.  About 2001 or so, we got back in contact through the internet. We started hanging out again!  She was really into pony collecting and customizing! One day, she gave me all of her childhood ponies, many of which I remember playing with, like Red Roses! She also gave me a custom pony! They were on display in my room for a long time. Alas, I was not a collector at the time. I just loved 80's things. So I put them in a box and stored them in the attic for a long time.  We ended up falling out of contact again, and I have no idea how she's doing. ;_; I just know she had a kid about... 6 or 7 years ago? D:

When I got back into collecting, I went back to my parents house shortly thereafter and retrieved the ponies! I've gotten most of them cleaned up to minty condition again. Though one is still being rehaired. XD   Though sadly, this is all I have to remember my friend by. Maybe one day I'll get back in touch with her again!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 08:00:31 PM by tehrin »

(also click for my sales here. :3)

Offline scarletmoon

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+50)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mexican pony lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2012, 10:44:23 PM »
uhm sweet step ballerina tip toes

Since i was a child i used to go to Sn Antonio Texas and Eagle Pass, on Christmas Holidays with my family, Cause i live in Mexico there were no such toys here so  I remember loved to go to Walmart toystore, was so amazing, lots of toys everywhere, ponies,plushes, little pet shop of the 80s! all in box so i was looking around and picked up a sweet step ballerina, i was so surprise about the legs moving, i still remember the smell of the plastic and her soft hair, and having on my hands going back to Mexico crossing the highway in the car. nice flashback trip.

Offline BridgetsMum

• Queen of Pink Bottoms!
  • Trade Count: (+210)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
    • http://julies.mlparena.com
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2012, 11:02:27 PM »
Hey Tuney, I'm blonde.  :biggrin:

My last Nirvana purchases are still dear to my heart. My Mama Bowtie and Baby Star set are my favs. I don't have a pic though. I'll try to add one. :)
Line up for Arena Anniversary Spankies!

FlyingPonyMonster

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2012, 11:44:05 PM »
Oooooh wingers and princesses what a great thread! Some lovely pictures everyone!

I'd forgotten starry wings until I joined here and now I remember when I got her getting the box down off the shelf in TRU with my dad! I now have 5 of her to fulfill childhood nostalgia!

I only have a pic of 3 of them right now!

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2012, 03:40:23 AM »
such wonderful stories everyone !!
Especially Clones, yours about Raincurl reminds me of one of my childhood ponies. May I tell this one too?

I had a very close friend in childhood, her name was Iris. She loved ponies too and so we played hours and hours and hours. It was great *swoons* She usually wanted to same ponies I had (which annoyed me sometimes back then) and so we had some doubles in our herd. We made an agreement on them, so everytime one got a pony the other one already had, the pony must be a male and marry the other one. And so it happened to my and her Sugar Sweet. My was the girl, I had her first. When she got hers, it was the male, of course and so they married, lol. Well, my Sugar Sweet was about half a year older and not in that pristine condition anymore. I combed her curls out back then and I was a little envyous about my friends Sgar Sweet because he was shiny, curly and beautiful. Well, that did not last long of course since our ponies went everywhere with us. But well. One day I asked my friend to borrow her Sugar Sweet to me so the married couple can have a night together. She agreed and so I took her pony home with me. Well at home my mom saw the two ponies and laughed. "This one is yours, right?" she pointed on my friends pony. Before I could say anything, she said "Well of course, thats yours, the other one is so dirty, must belong to Iris, asher toys are always a mess." because I did not want to say honest that the dirty one was my own... I did something I really regret. I mixed up their hairdos and pretended mine was the pony which originally belonged to my friend. When I returned the pony she did not care, she did not recognize it even, but I did feel kinda bad for doing this. But sadly I had no chance to tell...
The next day we fought badly at school. Really badly. I dont remember what about, but it was really bad. We did not talk to each other for weeks and then... she was gone. I could still cry thinking of that because she was my best friend ever. Her family moved to a far away town and we never saw each other again. I never had a chance to talk to her again.

Well, this is Sugar Sweet with a part of the original members of my own childhood herd; the one I kept. My original own one is with my friend, but as I know her family, I bet all the ponies have been tossed away already...

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2012, 07:03:09 AM »
Gah, so many stories and such beautiful photos! I'm on my iPhone at work, but I'm looking forward to reading all the stories in their entirety and commenting soon. ;)

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2012, 10:35:32 AM »
I guess I kind of adore this gal due to the fun suprise that came of a hour long trip to buy a lot.
Here was the lot....

What's not pictured is the original box that the seller's Mom had saved from her Bridal Beauty. Surprise!!
After coming across a zillion Pony Brides, I never thought I'd own her sister... Let alone with her original box!
It was so much fun making her a custom veil, and a new backing to attach her to.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2012, 06:12:18 PM »
Sugarminty: That is AWESOME that you got Clover back.  And that's a funny story about Sugar Sweet. I'd have done the same thing!

Flitter: You must get those sea ponies again eventually. They're adorable! Best of luck!

Dragon: That was so sweet of them to get you a Rainbow Dash birthday cake. You're so lucky.

mlp4me: Nice catch!

josie: That's such an interesting story. Funny how we sometimes end up treasuring something that we wouldn't have given a second glance to 20 years ago!

Kala: Power looks awesome like that, and I adore Sunbeam as well. I love that SHS set. Just wish they had made a purple one in that set!

tehrin: You know how much I LOVE that Red Roses of yours. Her hair is amazing. I wish I had one like that.

scarlet: She is so pretty. Great curls.

BM: Get your butt in gear and get me some pics!

FPM: Your mini army is so cute. I only have three wingers, and Starry is one of them. She's ridiculously pretty.

Offline Anitas_Mom

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2012, 06:21:01 AM »
What great stories!  I've enjoyed reading them all.

Handmade Plushies For Sale | Please PM me for Commission Information

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2012, 01:08:59 PM »
Me, too, Anitas_Mom!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal