collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New here :)  (Read 4528 times)

MissWhiteMascara

• Trade Count: (0)
New here :)
« on: January 15, 2012, 08:06:45 PM »
Hi there!

How old are you? 15 years old.
Where do you live? State, Country? Victoria, Australia.
Do you work or attend school? Profession or major? I'm in the tenth grade this year.
Who are the important people in your life? My boyfriend, my family, my friends at The Origins Studio and Lauren Faust (she's my hero :D )
Ponies: (As in my faves? Or the one's I have?) I love Pinkie Pie and I have Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash (without a fringe for some reason...), Daisy Dreams, Sweetie Belle and Rainbow Flash (I love Rainbow Flash's colour scheme ^^).
How long have you been collecting? About a month (haha), as I said, I'm new.
Which generations of ponies do you collect? G1, G2, G3 or G4? G4. I love the cartoonish proportions they have. ^^
What made you want to collect ponies? I've been a fan of the cartoon (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic), so I thought I'd go buy a character from the show just to put on my desk or something. When I went to target, they had a sale on Barbie, Lego, Star Wars and My Little Pony, which made the second item you got half price. I saw two double sets (one with Rainbow Dash and Rainbow Flash and one with Daisy Dreams and Fluttershy) which were $7 each, so I got both sets for $10.50. I thought that Rainbow Flash and Daisy Dreams were really cute, even though they weren't from the show.
So I guess that's how I started collecting them, I wanted ones from the show and ended up getting hooked on all sorts of ponies (even ones not from the show.)
Tell us about your collection! As I said, I got Fluttershy, Daisy Dreams, Rainbow Dash and Rainbow Flash in double sets (I think they're part of the "Playful Ponies" line; they come with pets, saddles/wagons and brushes), and I bought Sweetie Belle and Pinkie Pie in the Sweet's Boutique playset. I'm also working on making a custom made out of Dewdrop Dazzle. I've ordered liner brushes and hair for her so I'll be able to finish her off when those arrive. I'm still building my collection, it's very small at the moment but one I get more ponies the herd will grow. :)

...Soyeah. ^.^  Not much else to say, except maybe that I love styling my ponies hair!

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
Re: New here :)
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 08:45:21 PM »
Welcome to the Arena, sounds like you are off to a good start on your pony collection.  What are your favorite subjects in school?
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Monsterelli

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 08:48:03 PM »
Hello and welcome! :)
Goodluck on your custom pony, you should post pics of her when you are finished!

megt19

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 08:48:41 PM »
Yay! Another Aussie!  Welcome!
FYI the Daisy Dreams & Rainbow Flash you speak of are somewhat exclusive & aren't available in the USA, so it's kind of cool to have them from a collector's perspective :)

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 08:50:09 PM »
Hello and Welcome to the Arena!

So good to have you here!

MissWhiteMascara

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 08:52:55 PM »
Well I like English (because I love reading and writing), Math (solely because I'm good at it :P ) and Art (because I love to draw). :D

I'll definitely post pictures of my custom. ^^ I didn't do a great job painting the eyes though, it's my first custom so I guess I'll just have to practice some more :)

Wow, I hadn't realized Daisy Dreams and Rainbow Flash were exclusive. Hooray for me, I guess hahaha. Maybe I shouldn't have taken them out of their packets but oh well. I don't think I'll sell them anyway (and I guess now I know to go buy more if I find them again...)

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2012, 10:43:54 PM »
Welcome to the Arena and to the pony community!  :)  If you love to draw, you should check out the art forum.  We always love seeing new artists in there  :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

MissWhiteMascara

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2012, 10:46:34 PM »
I do like drawing, but my scanner is broken and I don't have a tablet so I won't be able to upload any of my drawings. However, I will check it out to see what other people have drawn :)

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2012, 11:06:15 PM »
 to the Arena!  What luck that the toy store had such a great sale on the day you were there.  I'm sure your colleciton will grow really quickly!

MissWhiteMascara

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2012, 11:31:11 PM »
It was pretty lucky, wasn't it? It was a few days before Christmas and my stepmother wanted to get something else for my brother. I saw the sale and thought it'd be a great time to pick up some ponies ^^

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2012, 08:00:15 AM »
Welcome to the arena! Pony hair styling is one of the best parts of ponies!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

MissWhiteMascara

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2012, 06:32:04 PM »
Welcome to the arena! Pony hair styling is one of the best parts of ponies!
Yup! I styled Daisy Dream's hair into two braided pigtails yesterday, she looks so cute :3

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2012, 06:37:27 PM »
Greetings and welcome to the new Arena, MissWhiteMascara! :frolic:
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.