collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Showing your friends your collection.  (Read 18095 times)

DancingPhoenix

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Showing your friends your collection.
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2012, 06:51:07 PM »
This is a super interesting thread, reading how everyone expresses (or doesn't) their collection. I'm a bit of an inbetween myself, because I don't outwardly talk about it or anything but there is a huge bookshelf in my room full of ponies so they're hard to miss if you go in there. I started collecting in high school and back then it was definitely something I hid. My closest friends knew of course, some even collected with me for a bit.

Now that I'm older I certainly don't care what people think anymore, haha. Most new friends and people who see my collection think it's the coolest thing. One guy friend told me he even respects me more for it XD
And with a boyfriend it's tough, but I was very open with my boyfriend about it. He doesn't like them personally (like he wouldn't collect or anything), but he's fine with my collection because it makes me happy and that makes him happy. He's also kind enough to watch MLP:FiM with me! Applejack and Fluttershy are his favorites, hee hee.

BelovedDoll

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2012, 07:07:33 PM »
I haven`t run into too many problems. I like showing off my collection, I just wish I had more people to show them to. Those who do see it often respond positively. A few find it a bit overwhelming but they aren`t collectors so they don`t understand why so many. But they are still positive. When I was giving instructions to my house cleaners about how to handle my collection room, they found all the ponies to be cute. Most of my boyfriends have been supportive. In fact, my current boyfriend`s best friend is getting ready to build me a custom shelf just for my ponies so that I can properly display them and he`s shown some consideration about the condition of the dolls and how they should be displayed. My boyfriend will watch the FiM cartoons with me if he happens to be present when I have them on and hes told people that the show is funny.

The trick will be to get my ponies to share room with my first love: Sonic the Hedgehog. I have a mass collection of that, too.

I`m in the process of reviving my MLP site to make it possible for me to properly display my collection online (and allow others to share theirs, too).

Offline cobalte

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2012, 11:26:55 PM »
I haven't told many friends, mainly the ones that know have been to my house at some point (rather few). I've posted one or two pics on Facebook of G4s, but yeah I don't really talk about it...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal