collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Showing your friends your collection.  (Read 18014 times)

Offline naylastar

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: Showing your friends your collection.
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2012, 08:25:37 PM »
I'm very open with my friends about it. I tend to go through phases where I love things like this but this one's stuck and they've even started buying me ponies randomly:)

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2012, 08:39:58 PM »
Well, anyone who goes into our garage would know I'm a collector because the entire right wall is filled with boxes of my ponies!  (and most of them are see-through).  I usually tell people about my collecting, but not many actually see the ponies.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

ppufi

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2012, 08:41:03 PM »
My few ponies are packed away, and I'm not a current collector. However, I do have a lot of other collections displayed in my room (Care Bears being the big one, along with my Attic Treasures, CPKs, American Girls, Monster High, and Zodiac Girlz).  I don't really have people in my room because I'm not sure how they'll react.  I don't really care, but it would just make HS easier if I was more of a closet collector.  Granted, anyone of my friends/classmates would know I like/collect toys from my FB likes.  It was easier to show my room off in elementary school; everyone thought my bedroom was a mini toy store. :)

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2012, 08:50:32 PM »
I always have a few ponies on display in my front room, but I don't push it, and no ones asked me about it. The rest of my collection is at my computer desk or in my bedroom, and in a tote, but I aggressively rotate who is where etc.

I've passively mentioned to my siblings that I'm collecting and they smile and change the subject.  Oh well.  More for me I guess!

FlyingPonyMonster

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2012, 08:57:58 PM »
Anyone who comes to our house knows as they're literally everywhere! All our friends think we're either insane or they love it but no one is mean to us! My family think its nice but ponymonsters family think we should sell them and don't know why we like them!

The postman peered in the house once and said he expects to see us on " cash in the attic" one day which is a show where people find valuable stuff to sell in their houses to take to auction or similar
Haha!

I try and keep my pony collecting quiet at work Though colleagues I sit with tend to know and to quote someone they think I'm "sweet but crazy" which I can live with!

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2012, 09:34:26 PM »
Most everyone I know is aware thatI collect ponies. We moved last spring & I finally have a pony room for the first time ever. We haven't had many people over since setting up the pony room, but 2 of my fiancé's friends have got to see it. These guys aren't collector-types, but both were very impressed. The general reaction was "I knew you had a collection, but this is way more than I expected". ;)

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2012, 10:25:00 PM »
Everyone I know knows that I collect.  So most of them are curious to see the collection.  Mine's small (about 60) and I keep it confined to a bookshelf, so it's not total chaos.

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2012, 10:31:04 PM »
If someone were to walk into my room at this moment, they'd know I collect - most of my g4s are on the dvd cabinet and there's a Mexican g3 hanging on my wall.  That said, most of my collection is in the closet - not because I want to hide them but for for space issues and because I want to keep them pristine.  :)

I don't shout it out to every person I meet but I'm a proud pony collector and most people who know me know that.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline foalpatrol

• Hello, Clarice
  • Trade Count: (+42)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2012, 10:44:21 PM »
I have ponies all over my house... I can't really hide them!  I do warn people before they come to my house, I will normally say "Just so you know, I have a rather unusual hobby..." and then say nothing else and watch the surprised look on their face when they get inside the door expecting chains hanging from the ceiling and seeing delightful, colourful ponies instead!

I have had some negative reactions about my collection so I try not to talk about it, but I can't!  I live for ponies, I can't shut up about them!

megt19

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2012, 11:03:18 PM »
Well, we have a 'family collection', and they are all kept in my eldest daughter's bedroom, people just think that I spoil her, I try to explain that it's a family collection, but most people just don't get it - they don't realise that a lot of the ponies belong to me & my other daughter aswell.  Most people just don't understand that it's my collection too & that I love them just as much as my daughter does.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2012, 02:05:57 AM »
Pretty much everyone I know - friends, family, work - are aware that I collect MLP - some are still a little startled when you see a room lined with pony goodness but I am long past the point of keeping it hidden! I love them too much...gotta share the pony joy!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline AusMLP

• The Pony from Aus
  • Trade Count: (+52)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
  • Parasol & PoD Customs Hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2012, 04:23:18 AM »
Everyone knows about my collection, most are ok with it a few think I'm mad. It makes me happy and that is all that matters  :good:

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2012, 06:35:36 AM »
Everyone who knows me knows about the ponies. It's hard to walk into a teeny tiny house (small one-car garage that's been converted into a house by sticking a staircase up the middle!) without seeing the ponies everywhere as I have little room to start with and all all spare spaces are filled with ponies! There is no storage here either so I can't keep any hidden away in boxes.

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline josiekat

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There's no such thing as a bait Bluebelle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2012, 07:24:32 AM »
Well, as of right now, my husband and I have a very small apartment, so we do not do much entertaining, so in that aspect, people do not see my collection. However, it is out in the open, and when people do come over, it can be seen. Well, what I have out on display anyway. lol. However, my entire collection is photographed, and I have them all in an album on my facebook page. So in those regards, everyone I know can see my collection. Most people I know actually want to see it all together though....just because they can't believe that that many ponies exist. lol. I have to remind them that even though I have over 600 ponies, I still only have about a third of what is out there. lol. Most people think it's neat.....and those who don't......well, they know better than to say something negative to me about it. lol

Offline EmberBright

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Disregard the Prologue - my blog about... um... everything
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2012, 10:05:19 AM »
Anyone who knows me well at all knows I customize ponies, but not as many know about my original pony collection. Some people think it's weird, but if it means that they'll think of me when they're getting rid of their kids' old collections, that's fine by me! There are far worse things I could be doing to get me thought of as weird!

I'm always worried about what the ladies at the post office think when I get pony packages (it's a VERY small town!), but one actually asked to see pictures of my work the other day, which was kind of nice.

Disregard the Prologue

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal