collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Beauty & The Beast 3D!  (Read 7517 times)

aerie_star

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Beauty & The Beast 3D!
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2012, 04:15:16 PM »
Haven't made it yet, but hoping to before it leaves the theaters ^^

Evening_Moonstone

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2012, 07:44:21 AM »
I went this Sunday (in costume!) with some friends.  While I'm not a fan of 3D, it's my favorite movie ever so I had to go and see it on the big screen again.

The 3D did bring out certain details that I'd never noticed before.  Especially parts of the castle architecture that usually fade out in shadow.

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2012, 09:35:55 AM »
I went this Sunday (in costume!) with some friends.  While I'm not a fan of 3D, it's my favorite movie ever so I had to go and see it on the big screen again.

The 3D did bring out certain details that I'd never noticed before.  Especially parts of the castle architecture that usually fade out in shadow.

I was particularly impressed by some of the smaller details that may or may not have been in the original movie, but still looked great. There were little snow crystals in the Something There scene and when she asks him to come into the light, you can see little dust particles. Traditionalist Disney fans can make of that what they will, but as for me, I thought it was great, and really brought out how beautiful the film truly is in ways that couldn't have been done in 1991.

Also, it's never going to be done because this movie is horribly underrated, but I have my fingers crossed pretty tightly for a 3D release of The Great Mouse Detective. PLEASE do The Great Mouse Detective, Disney, please!

Fanimusmaximus

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2012, 11:35:32 AM »
Well my sister saw it, she said is was awesome.

Offline Buttersketch

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2012, 02:22:46 PM »
I went today and really enjoyed it! The 3-D was pretty subtle, but it added a nice effect. I'm so glad I finally got to see BatB on the big screen!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

comics |LJ|Tumblr|DA

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2012, 05:35:38 AM »
I wanna see.

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2012, 08:43:01 AM »
And I agre with Tuneful87, The Little Mermaid should be next rather then Finding Nemo!

Hellz yeah!

Offline plushroo

• Trade Count: (+252)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • princess Cotton Candy
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2012, 06:58:49 PM »
I remember watching it the first time it was in theaters with my dad as a kid. I liked it and watch it whenever it's on tv. I don't think I'll be seeing it in 3D. I'm not into paying to see a movie I've already seen countless times just because it has a new way to view it. I think it's great for children who weren't around when it was originally released though.

Offline Bunny-san

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ponydex.com
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2012, 08:51:35 AM »
I saw it in 3D and it was FABULOUS. I couldn't believe how well they converted it to 3D! The depth of field was genuinely amazing :3 Totally worth the extra money to see it in 3D. And I can't wait for Finding Nemo! We decided to make that our son's first Theater movie :D I really hope they put it on bluray soon...

Edit: They ARE doing the Little Mermaid! Just after Finding Nemo. The theater worker we talked to after the movie said that he saw it on the theater's release schedule  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 08:53:28 AM by Bunny-san »

Thank you artists for my siggys!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal