collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Beauty & The Beast 3D!  (Read 7512 times)

Offline Ponytails

• Shenanigans Pony
  • Trade Count: (+134)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I love Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
Beauty & The Beast 3D!
« on: January 15, 2012, 12:37:30 PM »
So, who went to see the re-release (again) of Beauty & The Beast in the movie theaters this weekend?
Who saw it in 3D?
Thoughts?
I am sooooooo happy it was back in the theatres again.  Brings back so many wonderful memories, and it really is a great movie on the big screen.  I did NOT see it in 3D as I get migraines from the 3D, but the 2D was awesome on the big screen again.  Next up is Finding Nemo aparently for the 2D --> 3D re-release.
My G3 grail is LS Pinkie Pie MIB.  If you have her for sale or trade, I WILL pay.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Beauty & The Beast 3D!
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 12:45:52 PM »
This is my FAV disney of all time...close to my FAV movie actually...I dont know if its out here yet and alas none of my local cinemas will have 3D probably so I ll have to live vicariously through other people!

Was it amazing? And is the whole movie in 3D? Its not like Harry Potter where I expected 2 hours of 3D and just got 15 mins?
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 01:47:09 PM »
Glad you guys are so excited!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 04:12:46 PM »
I don't understand why everything is being released in 3D for anyhow, beauty and the beast is an awesome cartoon, I don't think it needs to be done in 3D. I won't be going to watch it cause im not a big movie fan, and its got to be pretty amazing to get me to the movies (or give me a huge bribe :P)

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 07:31:13 PM »
I don't think that the Disney movies NEED 3D, but the fact that many of them are getting theatrical releases again makes my heart soar.

I was a toddler when the movie first came out, so I've never seen it in theaters. I'll make a point to try to see it this week though. It's tied with The Lion King as my favorite Disney movie, so the fact that they both got their 3D releases so close to the same time makes me a lot happier than I should probably admit.

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 09:15:07 PM »
I am super pumped!!

**squee**

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2012, 03:35:13 AM »
I don't understand why everything is being released in 3D for anyhow, beauty and the beast is an awesome cartoon, I don't think it needs to be done in 3D. I won't be going to watch it cause im not a big movie fan, and its got to be pretty amazing to get me to the movies (or give me a huge bribe :P )

*Makes a trail of ponies leading into the theater*

Personally, I think these 3D re-releases is a way for Disney to roll in some extra money and it works. Beauty and the Beast and Lion King were movies that came out when I was a little kid and now that I'm all grown up, I would love to enjoy seeing these films on the big screen especially in 3D. Children that weren't around the time these movies were released haven't gotten to experience it as we did and I bet their parents would love it for them to enjoy a movie that they enjoyed when they were that age plus the 3D.

That being said, I don't know why they'd release Finding Nemo next, if anything it should be any of the older Disney animated films such as Snow White or Alice in Wonderland or even Fantasia but not Finding Nemo.
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2012, 07:27:48 AM »
I hope they release The Little Mermaid eventually. Now that I'd go see.

Offline Ponytails

• Shenanigans Pony
  • Trade Count: (+134)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I love Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2012, 07:57:43 AM »
I never go see the 3D release of it b/c its a trigger for my migraines.  BUT it's really great to see older disney movies back in the theater again. 

It was the original film, they did not add the "Human Again" song this time.

And I agre with Tuneful87, The Little Mermaid should be next rather then Finding Nemo!
My G3 grail is LS Pinkie Pie MIB.  If you have her for sale or trade, I WILL pay.

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2012, 12:23:13 PM »
Would be nice to eventually see some of these in theatures, though I dont care for 3D at all, unless the movie was shot specifically for it.

To me its just a way to make money.  And it works, so they will keep on doing it--even though, IMHO, it makes no sence to whatsoever ;)

But to have the experiance of seeing those classics back in a theatre..that I would like^^

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline stopxmotion

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Support independent film!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2012, 01:57:34 PM »
I'm not into spending money on re-releases. I've seen the movie tons of times, and I can't stand 3D crap anyway.
I didn't even care to go see the lion king, which is my favorite movie of all time. I know it by heart. Pointless.

When I go to the theatre I want to be excited about something new and not seen before.
Two more little devils jumped over the wall.
Saying turn her out father, she'll murder us all.
To my fal-de-ral little law-day.

Offline Buttersketch

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2012, 02:52:27 PM »
I'm going to see it in a few days. I've seen it a million times on DVD and video, but I missed seeing it in theaters during it's initial release and the re-release a few years ago. I'm looking forward to it.

comics |LJ|Tumblr|DA

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2012, 06:01:38 PM »
I saw it tonight and just let me say... wow. It's a beautiful movie anyway, but the 3D really looks fantastic too and I think it sort of adds to the film in a really nice way. But I did make a mistake: I forgot how much this movie makes me cry!

I mean, TLK can bring me to tears on a good day and seeing it in 3D struck a chord with me that made me a tiny bit misty. BatB, however, makes me BAWL. Every single time I watch that movie, it just does something to my emotions and I usually can't stop crying until after the movie is over. My mistake was to not bring some kleenex.

But you know, I think the fact that so many Disney movies are powerful enough to bring so many people to tears really says something about what Disney movies are. I'm so proud to call myself a fan.

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2012, 06:22:31 PM »
I would totally take my kids to go see it as it's so hard to find suitable movies to see at the theater, and that's a great movie. Sadly, can't really justify spending that kind of money on it at this time, though.
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2012, 06:56:25 AM »
This is my FAV disney of all time...close to my FAV movie actually...I dont know if its out here yet and alas none of my local cinemas will have 3D probably so I ll have to live vicariously through other people!

Was it amazing? And is the whole movie in 3D? Its not like Harry Potter where I expected 2 hours of 3D and just got 15 mins?

Beauty and the Beast is my favorite Disney movie too!  I can't wait to take my girls to see it:)

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal