collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Basic Fun 2023 New Releases: Celestials! RaMC Figures! Plushies! Etc!  (Read 27265 times)

WeetabixPony, Barnacle_lady and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline plasticnpastel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Basic Fun 2023 New Releases: Celestials! RaMC Figures! Plushies! Etc!
« Reply #450 on: April 16, 2024, 11:44:50 AM »
The new plush haven't shown up on US Amazon yet. I gotta get AJ.

Funny thing is, they did. I have them on my Amazon wishlist- they were up for preorder for a few hours, then temporarily unavailable for several weeks, and now the link is gone entirely unless you had it saved. I'm a bit worried about what that means for US distribution :(

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #451 on: April 16, 2024, 01:31:04 PM »
That happened with the first set too and at first Moondancer was really expensive. I eventually bought Moondancer but after they'd been there for sale for a while and her price came down to the regular 14.99 or whatever it was.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: April 17, 2024, 06:34:43 AM »
The new plush haven't shown up on US Amazon yet. I gotta get AJ.

Funny thing is, they did. I have them on my Amazon wishlist- they were up for preorder for a few hours, then temporarily unavailable for several weeks, and now the link is gone entirely unless you had it saved. I'm a bit worried about what that means for US distribution :(

When I saw them on US Amazon, they had a release date of March 1st and were up for preorder.  When I went back to look for them again, all of the listings were gone for the newest 3.  I'm starting to wonder if we won't see much of this set in the US since we got the first set.  I'd love to get a Twilight.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: April 17, 2024, 08:41:55 AM »
I don't think there's any reason for concern yet... they've only just started appearing in shops, right? I'm sure they'll be more widely available soon.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #454 on: April 19, 2024, 01:44:48 PM »
I think their official release date is May, but I may be wrong about that. It may also be the dock issue that's delaying them stateside.

Back from my trip down south. Can report no new plushes down there, only the first three.
The Toymaster franchise stores in Staines and Putney both had the blind bag figures, so I managed to complete my set (no extras, sorry, limited bag space!)

I have a nice photo of Putney's pony range, here it is...

They also had some greater range in G5. I said some, so don't get excited ;) Putney also had Celestials and the 40th anniversary collector ponies.

Epsom had nothing as far as I could see this time. Sutton had Nova and I think the 40th anniversary collector ponies.

All Novas and Polaris etc had the original stripes. No pink ones.

On the non-toymaster front, Fenwicks in Kingston had Nova and a lone plush Firefly in the middle of a doll section. Nowhere else that I saw.

Entertainer in Wimbledon had basically the same as Entertainer here. Which amused me greatly. :)

And TKMaxx somewhere, I forget where now, maybe Epsom? Had a single Rainbow Dash (one with poseable legs?) which must have been there a LONG TIME.

A side-note for anyone unfamiliar with London planning to visit and wanting to hunt ponies.
Spoiler
Most of these stores are in London's outer zones or in Surrey. Just a note if anyone is going down to London anytime soon, Putney has the best selection and is also the easiest to get to from Central London. The store is Kids' Stuff in Putney Exchange on the ground floor. It's very near Putney Bridge tube station on the District Line and several buses stop right outside (including the 14 which goes through central London).

« Last Edit: April 20, 2024, 01:24:09 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: April 20, 2024, 07:36:43 AM »
Those poseable legs ponies (I've seen a Miss Pommel like that too) have been going around TK Maxxes for about a month now - I'm dying to know where the heck they came from, guess a few crates of old stock turned up in a warehouse or something? :silly:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: April 20, 2024, 09:21:46 AM »
that's SO cool to see the Celestials in stores!!!  GO PUTNEY'S!  LOL 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline DreamvalleyMLP

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
I'm just going to post this here instead of starting a new thread for such a tiny bit of info, since it's related to BF, hope that's okay.

Hasbro's latest earnings call mentions "We saw positive early results in Q1 from LITTLEST PET SHOP, now manufactured and distributed by Basic Fun." No word of MLP in the entire transcript. Bit strange, since retro G1 has been going for 5(?) years now. They did say that "Hasbro is a Games, IP and Toy Company in that order"

It's as if MLP doesn't exist anymore :/

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
I'm just going to post this here instead of starting a new thread for such a tiny bit of info, since it's related to BF, hope that's okay.

Hasbro's latest earnings call mentions "We saw positive early results in Q1 from LITTLEST PET SHOP, now manufactured and distributed by Basic Fun." No word of MLP in the entire transcript. Bit strange, since retro G1 has been going for 5(?) years now. They did say that "Hasbro is a Games, IP and Toy Company in that order"
I've been to several stores walmart target and outside of Dollar General there is NO my little pony ANYTHING in them anymore here in Kansas atleast the part of kansas i'm in. not even g5 ponies i only found those in dollar general and its the first runs.

It's as if MLP doesn't exist anymore :/
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information

thanks to SDS for my sig

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
UK fans - I found the Medley plushie at GAME yesterday!! I dug through the plushie bin for a bit trying to find the other two but couldn't see them - I was rushing though (and they just had a big bin of plushies, it was difficult to pick through them without risking knocking them out onto the floor ^^;) so it's possible they had them at the bottom of the bin or something. (even if this particular shop didn't have them, others might)

Soooo excited to see these!! I think they're even cuter than the first wave... was hard to leave Medley there but I'm saving up atm so couldn't justify her... but I have a feeling at least one of them will be coming home with me eventually :lovey:

DreamvalleyMLP - I don't mind you posting that here ^^ Thanks for sharing... that's.... really strange o.O Even if there's no new news for the Hasbro MLP line (which wouldn't surprise me) you'd think they'd at least have something to say about the BF ponies?? How worrying :(

(But it is nice to hear that the BF LPS are doing well)

The "games, IP and toy company" thing is REALLY interesting, I think that about confirms what we've suspected/speculated for a while, that Hasbro really are focusing more on licensing their toys out to other companies instead of producing them themselves. Man... I don't even know how to feel about that.

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
Five Little Diamonds emailed Medley plush arriving too!!!
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
My Medley came from 5LD a few weeks ago. Yay for stock appearing in physical stores, though! I did see a lone Glory in a shop in Hereford the other day, when I was visiting...but I haven't seen the others yet.

Medley is so beautifully made, though - I mean, they all are, but Medley is particularly lovely.

On the other thing, I would think Hasbro would be mentioning the new stuff that was coming out, not the other. Besides, LPS is more widely distributed in stores at the moment I think. I've certainly seen it out and about here whereas BF ponies haven't been in physical stores where I live for about 2 years now.

Sooner or later the BF line will come to an end, though. It was only meant as 3 years originally and we've had 5 overall. I hope there will continue to be releases, but at the same time we can't be greedy and should appreciate everything we have had.

It has shown once and for all which generation has the actual staying power as much as the hype.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal