collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What is the Nirvana forum? *Welcome & Info*  (Read 16672 times)

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
What is the Nirvana forum? *Welcome & Info*
« on: January 08, 2012, 11:52:07 AM »
Welcome to the Nirvana Forum

So what is the Nirvana forum all about?
The Nirvana forum focuses on the first generation of ponies that were made in foreign countries, along with rare variations and prototypes from Hong Kong/China. The Nirvana forum is here to help old and new collectors alike to learn about these exotic ponies and share their finds! The Nirvana Sales forum is somewhere you can sell/trade your foreign ponies.

What does Nirvana mean and who created the term?
The term nirvana was defined a long time ago by then MLParena moderator JLM, when the MLParena was first founded.

What ponies are allowed in the Nirvana Forum?
A general overview of the ponies that fall under the Nirvana umbrella are:

Argentina
Brazil
Colombia
France
Greece
Hong Kong/China ‘error’ ponies (eg. Reverse Gusty, Princesses and Happy Tail oddities)
India
Italy
Macau
Mexico
Peru
South Africa
Spain
Thailand (Mountain Boys only)
Venezuela
Ponies from locations not identifiable.

Scandinavian, Australian, German and Dutch ponies are regional exclusives rather than being true nirvana ponies. They were put under the nirvana umbrella when the term was coined in the early 2000's. This before their release pattern was understood. They may be posted about in the nirvana forum, but they are equally acceptable elsewhere as well ;)

What ponies are not included?
The following ponies are not included in this forum, except for prototypes, errors, and oddities of these:

Hong Kong/China North American
Hong Kong/China UK and Europe
G4 ponies
G3 ponies
G2 ponies
Mail Orders

How can I be sure if a pony belongs in this forum?
If you are not sure, please PM LadyGuinevere or pinkkittywinks and we'll be happy to answer your questions

Where can I see some pictures of Nirvana ponies?
We have a whole gallery full! They are broken down by country and then by set (in most cases). It is the perfect place to look for new grails!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/mlparena/

Can I advertise here if I have a Nirvana pony for sale?
Of course! We love to see Nirvana ponies for sale :) Please post them for sale in the Nirvana Sales forum, here is a link.

http://mlparena.com/index.php/board,179.0.html

The general sales rules also apply to the Nirvana Sales forum.

If you have multiple items to sell or auction off, please use one post for everything. Do not make multiple posts for each individual thing. As a rule of thumb, you are allowed one post/page.... so please wait until your first post drops or is no longer accurate before making a new post.

Other Rules
All MLParena rules apply to the nirvana forum.

Links to live or open auction links are not allowed, unless it is for your own auction.

No "Auction Hunting" please!
Auction Hunters aren't people who are winning auctions on ebay or other auction sites. They are people who upon an auction ending, come to the MLPArena and post specifically with the purpose of finding out who won the auction.

Starting posts to out find out who has won an auction, asking about and linking to an ended auction or even congratulate someone on winning an auction is not acceptable.

Please, do not post threads like "OMG who won this?!" or "have you seen this?" as they will be removed.

Be respectful of other members. This is a board for information and the joy of collecting, not controversy. If you are having trouble with a transaction please use the Trader Support forum.

Most importantly, have fun! Please PM LadyGuinevere or pinkkittywinks if you have any questions! We’re here to help!

[Updated 1.5.2020 love pkw xxx]
« Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 12:58:11 AM by Loa »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal