Bots: 1
Staff: 0
Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
Forums » Pony Talk » Off Topic » the BORED thread
the BORED thread
Life Outside Ponyland...
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index » Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miss_Scarlett
MIB Rapunzel Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject:

I've been asked if I was a New Zealander before. Nope, never been there...would like to some day though Smile

Sometimes I consider changing it to something more...me...but I haven't figured that out yet (lol)

Site Admin
Site Admin

LOL

I came up with "Dragonfly" because one day when I left work for break, there was a dead dragonfly on my windsheild. I didn't know what it was at first, I thought it was a giant dead roach or something. But I picked it up to move it and it was a dragonfly! It wasn't totally dead, so I took it into my car and held it for a while, and then it was fine. I think it just got too cold. It's fine now. I brought it into my apartment and now it's happy as a clam. And I have lots of plants for it to hop around on.
rissa5678
Magic Fantasy Hair Pony

Aww.. that's so cool dragonfly!

Miss_Scarlett
MIB Rapunzel Pony

And it's STILL living in your apartment?? Wow, cool.

I remember one year we found one in our pool (supposedly dead). We fished it out and I put it on a windowsill to dry out. I wanted to keep it, I thought it was such a prety insect. Anyhoo, a few hours later it was gone. :-( Guess it dried out and flew away...sigh, I guess it was better off.

Site Admin
Site Admin

Cool! I would have let mine go, but it probably wouldn't have survived the cold. It's still alive but probably getting old. Which reminds me of my pet butterfly, Merlin:

My mom loves plants. She has them outside and she has them inside. She also loves butterflies. Somewhere in there, she started collecting dead but intact butterflies and pinning them to her potted plants inside. So one time we were driving home and she hit a monarch. She pulled over on the side of the highway and peeled the little sucker off of her grill! It was still alive, but barely. It's guts were all over and it's wing was broken. We'd just bought some rock candy, so I bit some off and mixed it with water and the butterfly started drinking it. Well, I babied him for a few days and his body healed, but his wing never did. I didn't want to let him back outside because then he'd die for sure. So I cleaned up my room really nice and shut the door whenever I wasn't in there, and he lived for 5 months. He could even flutter his way up to the top of my bed. Smile

Miss_Scarlett
MIB Rapunzel Pony

That is so cool! I don't think I could nurse an insect back to life. I love butterflies...we don't seem to get many around where I live though. The odd monarch and these tiny ones with plain white wings.

Impartial Judge Extraordinaire

dragonfly wrote:
LOL

I It's fine now. I brought it into my apartment and now it's happy as a clam. And I have lots of plants for it to hop around on.

Are you making this up as you go along?
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
df
Site Admin
Site Admin

Um...no, actually.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: