Overall: 12849

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 18
Bots: 0
Staff: 0
Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
Forums » Pony Talk » Pony Corral » this is the most poorly made pony i've ever bought.
this is the most poorly made pony i've ever bought.
General MLP info, Q&A
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index » Pony Corral
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dede88
Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: this is the most poorly made pony i've ever bought.

we should have a competition for the faultiest G4, i think you would win though with that rainbow dash Poke Tounge
there was another one here with a really bad celestia

looking for pink mo sprinkles and yr 3 adult seaponies. G4 stardreams
Trade List
Wanted
TheBeatlesPkmnFan42
Brush N Grow Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: this is the most poorly made pony i've ever bought.

Wow. Five errors on one pony. You should Email Hasbro and see why this is happening. I have a Blossomforth with a grey mark on the back of her ear.

Sora
Bay Breeze Pony

DarthEquus wrote:
Maybe Discord is in charge of Quality Control at the factories?
Haha, we know why Celestia is white now then? Silly

Joking aside, that is very bad. I've had some pretty poor quality toys, though none this bad... Yet.

Lil Cupcake Sister Pony

I have a MIB RD who has a major rub in her symbol, some black dirt on her wing and a tiny paint spot on her head. I got her from amazon.fr so couldn't check her condition before buying her. Sad
Luckily I got 2 of the Rainbow Dash/Rainbow Flash packs and the other one is just fine. Maybe the spare pack would be good for someone who still needs Rainbow Flash, and RD to customize. I was also wondering if I should open the pack and swap the head to a better condition body (she has bangs), the little paint spot would probably come off and the ponies with bangs are getting harder to find.. Poke Tounge

Thanks to Mandy85 for my sig and Cassu for my avi
Firehooves
Captain Jack Pony

Location: A University in Ohio (Well, during the semester year)

Yeesh! That thing is a piece of junk! X_x so sorry your purchase went like that, you should get your money back.

www.fanfiction.net/s/7...t_b_bNow_b

www.fanfiction.net/s/7...ialouges_b

www.fanfiction.net/s/7...onyville_b
Scraleos
Mommy & Baby Pony

I've been lucky with G4's so far, save for a black, unremovable spot on the back of Lulu Luck's ear.

Fancy Pants Baby

HavACrumpet452 wrote:
I don't think you can do anything about head/body mismatch. I think that's more to do with the thickness of plastic and maybe glue on the inside interacting with the head while there is not glue in the body. Things that can't be controlled even when the pony head and body are made from the same batch of plastic.

No, that might have been the problem with past generations, but not the G4's. The G4's heads and bodies are actually made of different plastics, thus they have to be from separate batches. The bodies are more rubbery (you can even flex the wings) while the heads are made of something harder and more rigid (probably so their heads won't collapse inwards). They're just having trouble getting the color consistent between them. Even when they do get the color to "match" there's always going to be a slight difference in appearance just because of the texture, but that's hardly noticeable compared to when they don't match.
Betelgeuse
Dazzle Surprise

that makes me sad. How did that happen? i recently bought a Fluttershy(normal size) and noticed her body looked a little brown, I scrubbed her with a magic eraser and it all came off leaving ugly brown globs on the eraser.
Saiko
Brush N Grow Pony

When I bought my FS Fluttershy, there were 3 on the shelf. 2 of them had MAJOR derp-eye, as in the display side eye was printed much too high, on both. I had to settle for the one which has an black mark on her wing I can't remove. Thankfully it's tiny and it may sunfade. The 4-pack of 'blind bag' style ponies from Tesco I bought today have dirt on each of them, noticable from the outside of the box.
Other than that I've seen quite a few ponies with paint smudges on eyes or symbols that I had to leave on the shelf. Of course, occasionally this will happen with a toy line - not everything can be painted perfectly, mistakes happen. But it just happens too often with this line; and it just makes me think that QC is not up to scratch.

ThriftyPony
Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony

Everyone should message Hasbro!!! Maybe that will get them moving to make some changes... I only have two G4s, but I recall seeing some on the shelves of the store with similar flaws.

Please visit my fakie website for IDing your fakies!

My trader feedback.
heart Thanks to MisfitPony for my avatar. heart
Aerora
Mighty Morphin Power Pony

When I bought my FS Rainbow Dash I didn't notice the dirt on her until we'd gotten out to the car - I went back in to exchange her and just ended up with one who had less dirt than the first one, because they were all marked!
ZettaMomo
Colorswirl Pony

I would send an email to Hasbro about it.
I only have had one major issue with a pony. Poor Lulu Luck had a crack in her body and all these weird indents in her head. I sent an email to Hasbro and they are supposed to be sending me a replacement.

Especially with big errors like this we should be sending pictures to Hasbro explaining the problems. It may not happen right away, but maybe over time the quality control will be a bit better. It of course will never be perfect, but this one is pretty bad.

Colorswirl Pony

Both of my ponies from Raroty's carousel are in pretty abysmal condition. They were physically dirty, have weird stains and paint spots, and what looks like I swear animal bite marks. It was really disappointing to get them in such a sorry state Sad
Skylar
Arena Supporter
Arena Supporter

geez, can you imagine in say about 20 years how degraded these pieces of garbage are going to be? G1's will probably still be around before these things will!

wantlist
LilSpark
Corral + Dollhouse Moderator
Corral + Dollhouse Moderator

Everytime I buy a G4 in a store I look at them for hours before I decide for one, I don't wanna buy MIB baits...

And when I order them online I always hope I won't receive crap... Scared

Thank you so much Kioku and minercia!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Pony Corral All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: