Overall: 12849

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 26
Bots: 0
Staff: 0
Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
Forums » Pony Talk » Pony Corral » this is the most poorly made pony i've ever bought.
this is the most poorly made pony i've ever bought.
General MLP info, Q&A
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index » Pony Corral
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daisyd
MIB Rapunzel Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: this is the most poorly made pony i've ever bought.

Bunny-san wrote:
Now, I have to say, I'm not sticking up for hasbrokn and their crappy quality control per-SAY, but look at what you're talking about here:
1. These are toys pretty much meant for little kids to play with and destroy. Most little girls aren't exmining their ponies with fine tooth combs.

But so were the G1 ponies - and I can honestly say that none of the ponies I received as a child were so flawed. The worst things I ever remember (and for clarification, I've been collecting since I was six years old, and played with ponies pretty much exclusively) were that the ponies heads were sometimes not glued on straight. There were never drips of glue/massive blobs of paint/chunks of hair out of line. Seriously.

The worst 'injury' that any pony ever had was a tail faling out, and that was because I decided to see if it was possible to pull it out *naughty me*

Reading stuff like this makes me glad that I'm not collecting the new ponies.

Tropical_Sunset
Lil Cupcake Sister Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: this is the most poorly made pony i've ever bought.

Ugh, that is absolutely awful.

I don't care that the products are toys for "little girls". Nothing, absolutely NOTHING, should be that broken and ugly coming straight out of the box. Ridiculous.

PrincessLuna
Custom Bait Pony

The only problems I have had with any of the new ponies are just that my Cheerilee had glue in the middle of her tail, my Twinkelshine's head is slightly misalinged, and the worst of all is a small crack on my Applejack on her non-display side shoulder, just under her neck. Those are the only problems I have ever encountered. I guess i was just lucky, but I will definately examine them better before I buy them in the future.

lovesbabysquirmy
Captain Jack Pony

All I can say is, complain to Hasbro and STOP buying them. The lack of sales will give them more incentive to maybe do something - but you'd REALLY have to NOT spend another penny on Hasbro products.

Wantlist & Trades

Avatar by Vanilla Virus - thank you!
Varkolak
Rainbow Curl Pony

i emailed them and told them about the pony and what all was wrong with it. i also tried to be kind of nice about it in the end. i told them all the things that were wrong with it right out of the box, and that it had very poor quality. then i told them in the end that i love my little pony, but that one was kind of disappointing to see.

maybe with all the pony complaints they've been getting, they'll start trying to fix them just a little bit harder.
i know they're busy and especially trying to get more product out since christmas just happened, but some of them should be looked over better instead of packaged and sent out.

dede88
Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony

yes i agree with will2bfree 3/4 have faults
im on my second rarity glimmer wings i replaced her speary eyes with one who had misprinted nds eye which i couldnt see when she was in her box Sad

hasbroken Sad
this is getting very disapointing the amount of post's made about faulty g4's

looking for pink mo sprinkles and yr 3 adult seaponies. G4 stardreams
Trade List
Wanted
Shiverdam
Twinkle Eye Pony

Wow, Hasbro's quality control sucks.

dede88
Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony

Varkolak wrote:
i emailed them and told them about the pony and what all was wrong with it. i also tried to be kind of nice about it in the end. i told them all the things that were wrong with it right out of the box, and that it had very poor quality. then i told them in the end that i love my little pony, but that one was kind of disappointing to see.

maybe with all the pony complaints they've been getting, they'll start trying to fix them just a little bit harder.
i know they're busy and especially trying to get more product out since christmas just happened, but some of them should be looked over better instead of packaged and sent out.

sorry about the double post but.......

HASBRO; when i was alittle girl in the 80s hasbro was a quilty name, they were nice classy toys, now its like getting quality from the $2 shop, what someone named a tourest trap shop.
my partner said the same thing they were "pumping them out for christmas" but still they need quilty control surely they have employed somone to look them over before packageing

looking for pink mo sprinkles and yr 3 adult seaponies. G4 stardreams
Trade List
Wanted
Wardah
Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm

It isn't just Hasbro that is slacking on the QC. I can't think of a single popular toy that hasn't had any issues. There is a thread in the Dollhouse about a Draculaura with a faulty arm peg. Unfortunately the Chinese factories know it would be too much effort to send the derped toys back so they let them go anyways.

Av by Jupi Sigs By SDS and sirithfin
HavACrumpet452
Fakies R People 2

I want to find one with only one eye. That would make my day.

I don't think you can do anything about head/body mismatch. I think that's more to do with the thickness of plastic and maybe glue on the inside interacting with the head while there is not glue in the body. Things that can't be controlled even when the pony head and body are made from the same batch of plastic.

Brush N Grow Pony

Maybe they're all being shipped from the Island of Misfit Toys. LoL! Still, not something I'd pay money for. That'd be like endorsing their bad behavior/habits.

Adoptables | Adopteds | Ref Sheet | Blog
Obsydian
Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony

I have 6 G4 ponies with no flaws.
Guess I'm just lucky?

Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm

I don't think they'll really make an effort to fix things any time soon- they're making too much money the way things are. Most collectors will buy them no matter what (I think our complaints are basically "sticks and stones" to them if we're still spending money), and parents aren't likely to say, "Hey, I'll spend a couple of extra bucks per pony if it means the toy is perfect!"- they'll just buy fewer. Kids might notice flaws, but again, it's not going to change buying habits unless it's a safety concern. Hasbro has been great with the whole Brony thing and has started paying attention to collectors, but they're going to do what they can to make as much money as possible. They're not making any money on ponies that age well and are near-mint in 20 years; they just need it to be passable and cheap to produce.

I'm glad I don't really collect G4- if I find one I bought as a bait that looks great, I'll keep it, but I'd go nuts actually searching for flawless specimens at Walmart. Smile

Formerly known as MrsEmbers!

Etsy: www.etsy.com/shop/Embe...ghtCustoms

My deviantART page: mrsembers.deviantart.com/

Commissions open

Last edited by EmberBright on 0; edited 1 time in total
Behemoth
I AM THE TABLE

Location: hiding behind the display cases to the right!! (lol MW3 refrence) NB, Long Island

hasbro's quality control sucks.
the other day i got a fashion style fluttershy with dry hair and it was frizzy at the tips. the tail was very uneven, one side of the tail was about 1 1/2 inch longer than the other, and had a black spot on her foot.

...this is horrible quality for a $14 pony Drunk

DarthEquus
So Soft Pony

Maybe Discord is in charge of Quality Control at the factories?

All jokes aside, I do believe they will listen if the community makes their voice heard. The last thing they want to do is alienate the brony parents who buy those toys for their children and enjoy the show, right?

"Wanted: 'One-eyed' Maneson. For breaking another pony's leg."

-Posters in Appleloosa, Adventure of the Lunarbolts.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Pony Corral All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: