Overall: 12849

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 18
Bots: 1
Staff: 0
Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
Forums » Pony Talk » Pony Corral » this is the most poorly made pony i've ever bought.
this is the most poorly made pony i've ever bought.
General MLP info, Q&A
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index » Pony Corral
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Varkolak
Rainbow Curl Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: this is the most poorly made pony i've ever bought.

i don't have any pictures of her out of the box, or anything, but i went to walmart and bought a G4 rainbow dash to use as a bait for a project i'm working on. i took her out of the box and saw that her head and body color don't match. i know that's common now, but it was a very very noticeable color difference. the head was really dark compared to the body. (this is the 3rd pony i've bought that was this way) i didn't notice until i got home, as i was in a rush.
she had paint smears on her wings, red and blue as if another rainbow dash cutie mark got smeared on there, or the stamp thing that puts it on. you can see its almost a 2nd cutie mark.

not sure if you can see, but there's even a white outline for a cloud there.

then, her head wobbled!!!! i barely flicked her head and it turned backwards. her head was on loose. very loose!!! the hair on her head was very very hard at the root from glue being on there also.

hasbro is losing their touch

at least i bought her for bait purposes and not collection purposes lol

lemontwist
Mommy & Baby Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: this is the most poorly made pony i've ever bought.

My goodness o.O Although I wish all G4 heads were so loose, getting them off would be a breeze!

emery
Dr. Quinn, Medicine Pony
Dr. Quinn, Medicine Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: this is the most poorly made pony i've ever bought.

Wow, that's like instant bait Scared

MLP & 80's toys for sale or trade
my wantlist

"Like" my store on Facebook to see when new items are added!
kittybethy
Pony Corral Mod
Pony Corral Mod

Wow! That is terrible!

Fancy Pants Baby

I'm always very careful picking out my ponies because Hasbro's quality is terrible. I'd say about 3/4 of all the ponies I've seen in stores are packaged with some kind of major flaw.

- Head/body color mismatch
- Head/body misalignment
- Eyes and cutie marks that are scratched up so bad it looks like somebody took a key/other sharp object to them
- incorrectly placed eyes
- hair chopped off at different lengths like a scissor-happy child had gotten a hold of them
- random marks and scuffs (most of these are able to be scrubbed off, so not too big a deal)
- debris that causes errors in the cutie mark/eye application so they end up with bumps or white spots
- pits/misshapes to the front insides of the FS wings (possibly not filling the mold completely/air bubbles?)
- Very frizzy, dry, unmanageable hair (not a big complaint of mine, but I've seen many people mention it)
- etc., etc.

The other day when I opened my Flitterheart (which I had lovingly examined before purchase), I noticed two things. First, one eye was quite a bit larger than the other, giving her a little bit of a derpy appearance (the white of the eye was twice as large on one side as it was on the other... weird). Second, at least 1/4 (maybe a little more) of her tail had been chopped off right at the base. I turned the tail so that part was hidden underneath the rest, but it's still not as full as it should be.

Locks of my FS Rainbow Dash's tail are different lengths by about an inch and my FS Luna and Celestia have the wing issue because I wasn't able to see those parts of the wings in-box and couldn't pick out the least affected. My Celestia also has a huge black mark on the side of her face (about the size of a thumb) which I wasn't able to rub off. Hopefully it'll come off with a little water or I might have to use something stronger. I still have a FS Fluttershy in her box because her head/body are color mismatched and I'm going to try and find a better replacement to exchange her for. My Lily Blossom has a huge scrape, an actual scratch through the plastic, on her butt. It was noticeable in the package, but since she was the last one the store had, I got her anyways.

The ponies are so cute, but no matter how careful you are it's almost impossible to find one in perfect condition even right out of the box. It's really a shame Hasbro's quality control has slipped so far. I know I'm probably being a little picky, but some of the problems I've seen are just ridiculous too. I can't imagine anyone even buying such damaged merchandise as some of the ponies I've seen.

I'm glad you got her to use as bait, so hopefully it wasn't too big of a disappointment.
Juri
Depends Pony

I have had a few issues with G4s but nothing as bad at that! Thats really terrible... thank goodness you bought her to custom!

Signature and Avatar by minerciaJuri's Wish List
Dusky
Mommy & Baby Pony

I have one 'Speshul' Twilight and I guessed she was reject stock because she was in a USA box not a Europe one (so, English only rather than multi language). Her tail is part short part long because it's been put in incorrectly and the hole drilled for it is lower than the marker hole by a little bit.

On my newer ponies the colour mismatch really, really shows. I wish I hadn't unboxed most of them. The only one who has semi decent quality is Feathermay and I think (hope?) that's because her colour is so rich and dark.

VanillaBean
Dazzle Surprise

Oh wow... Hasbro's quality control flat-out disgusts me. :/
This is the main reason I only own Blossomforth. I always thought she was error-free, but recently I noticed some slight dents & marks in her chest, like someone had carved into her with a key. :<
What will these ponies look like in a couple year's time?
will2Bfree
Fancy Pants Baby

I'd hate to see the factories they're made in. Seems like they'd be complete chaos. Isn't anybody overseeing what's going on and checking on things? I know some things are out of their control, but they could at least tweak the machines when things start getting off and keep the place clean.

Hasbro probably doesn't care to get on to them for quality because they make the stuff cheap and they don't want to "rock the boat". At least that would be my guess.

At some point, a bad reputation can outway the benefits of getting their goods made at the lowest cost. I don't think they're there quite yet (edging hazardously close if they keep on like this, maybe), but I understand why some people steer clear of the toys. I wonder if Hasbro's other products are made so poorly.

I feel like I'm being very negative but I'm trying not to be. Huh
mlpfan
Arena Supporter
Arena Supporter

it is so sad to see how much hasbro has let there quaility slack:( wake up hasbro! people wont buy low quality junk forever!!!

Fancy Pants Baby

Poor Dashie

Thanks amenoo for my siggy!
saply
Brush N Grow Pony

Yeah, they're not great, and certainly a far cry from ponies of generations past (there's a reason G1s last for years), but they're just SOOOO CUUUUUTE

Mommy & Baby Pony

It's such a same their QC seems to have got worse. I think a few members complained directly to Hasbro about faulty ponies and got sent replacements?

Thanks Jupi, Bluepegasus and Sirithfin!
Fez Blogs: choctopus.blogspot.com/
Aflame
G3 Prototype Pony

ive said it before and ill say it again G1 original and best !!!
im glad i don't collect g4 as i think i would have stopped buying because of the poor quality oh hasbro what has become of thee ?? xaflamex

Bunny-san
G3 Prototype Pony

Yeah, that's just bad....If you had been using her for a collection pony, a little actone and her wings would be as right as rain. Smile Now, I have to say, I'm not sticking up for hasbrokn and their crappy quality control per-SAY, but look at what you're talking about here:
1. These are toys pretty much meant for little kids to play with and destroy. Most little girls aren't exmining their ponies with fine tooth combs.

2. The demand for these toys is HUGE right now. So they're over there in china PUMPING them out as fast as they can go, quality be darned. As soon as the demand slows down, so will production, and thusly, quality will rise more than likely.

3. Some of you guys are just being rediculously picky. Head and body misalignment? They're toys not works of sculptural art Silly These little guys aren't meant to be perfect. They're meant to be played with and loved, and these imperfections go allllllllllllll the way back to the original G1 ponies, so I doubt they'll be going away any time soon. The mis-sprayed cutie marks, blobs of glue where there should be none--that stuff should'nt fly. But really. Aside from obvious factory sloppyness, just enjoy their little quirks, their derpy eyes, and be happy that we have cute ponies to begin with, instead of the terror that was G3.5 Silly

Thank you artists for my siggys!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Pony Corral All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: