Visitors: 112
Bots: 1
Staff: 0
Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
Forums » TCB » Trader & Classifieds Support » Advise on damaged MOC
Advise on damaged MOC
Help with your Trades, Sales, and Auctions, including ebay
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index » Trader & Classifieds Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
melon
Fancy Pants Baby

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Advise on damaged MOC

Hello all, need some advise here but before I start, happy new year!!!

Alrighty, here's what happened. A MOC pony arrived with a broken plastic bubble in 2 places. They are big enough to "rescue" the pony, thought I haven't decided what to do just yet.

She was sent in a flat rate box with 2-3 pieces of scrunched newspapers as protection, unfortunately wasn't much.

I have contacted the seller and he/she seems okay (not confirmed though) in giving a partial refund. Just wondering, what is a fair refund amount/percentage? I paid $65 for her.

Thanks!

EDIT: It's Seaflower Smile

Last edited by melon on 0; edited 1 time in total
NoDivision
I am vengeance, I am the night

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: Advise on damaged MOC

Hm, the refund amount depends on what the worth of the pony is loose, I would think. What pony is it?

Want List! - Customs for sale! - Do I owe you feedback? PM me!
melon
Fancy Pants Baby

Hi NoDivision, it's Seaflower.

Love her seashell and flower symbols!
lovesbabysquirmy
Captain Jack Pony

Still... newsprint should never be used to wrap something! The ink will run and stain things. Sad If you want to PM me the seller ID for inappropriate packaging let me know. But do send them a note letting them know that newsprint is NOT okay for collectibles!

Wantlist & Trades

Avatar by Vanilla Virus - thank you!
Ringlets
Trader Support Mod

Location: Silverbells Manor UK...there's always room for more ponies!!

I think that the pony loose is about a third of the value of MOC . The search function is not working for me at the moment (see explaination below) but you can run a price check in the Corral and see what the value of a loose mint Seaflower actually is. Then you have to consider the card etc, so it will be worth a bit more than just the loose mint pony (asking about the value of her loose , mint with card etc might be best- there are lots of members here who are up to date with values awake ) . The seller did not package her very securely IMO, and newpaper directly next to the pony can stain and damage it Sad I'm glad to hear that the seller is willing to work things out with you though Big Ups

BTW Sorry for the delay in answering you Blush - I am having problems with the Arena at the moment and it is not registering all of my posts,letting me make new threads , or use the search function.. plus i keep getting database errors. I know this is a problem for other members too and we are working to fix it ASAP.

heart Wanted* ILuvTheArenaBrag3*Brag/picfic4 Yay!Brag/picfic5 For sale heart
glittery heart Smile I'm Ringlets, Trader Support Moderator Smile heart glittery
ClosetAvalanche
Sweet Kisses Pony

I think a lot of sellers have the mindset that if its in a box, then it wont get damaged. This isn't true. Boxes get thrown around, crushed, ect. I sometimes use newspaper, but always cover the item in bags, bubble wrap, ect and pack it very tightly do that it doesn't have a lot of room to bounce around.

It's up to you. If it were me, I'd probably return it as it was the sellers fault for not adiquately packing it. If the seller refuses to refund, open a SNAD case.
ClosetAvalanche
Sweet Kisses Pony

I think a lot of sellers have the mindset that if its in a box, then it wont get damaged. This isn't true. Boxes get thrown around, crushed, ect. I sometimes use newspaper, but always cover the item in bags, bubble wrap, ect and pack it very tightly do that it doesn't have a lot of room to bounce around.

It's up to you. If it were me, I'd probably return it as it was the sellers fault for not adiquately packing it. If the seller refuses to refund, open a SNAD case.
ClosetAvalanche
Sweet Kisses Pony

melon
Fancy Pants Baby

Thank you all for the advices!! The seller offered $20 or send her back for a full refund. I accepted the partial refund because returning (international mail) her is going to cost me quite a bit. Then I will be out of money and pony Sad

Squirmy, told the seller about the newspapers. Hope he would avoid using them in the future. It quite scary, thinking about the card getting stained.

ClosetA, that's so true! The box got crushed on one side which I think could have broken the bubble.
pineapple
Bratz Pony

lovesbabysquirmy wrote:
Still... newsprint should never be used to wrap something! The ink will run and stain things. Sad If you want to PM me the seller ID for inappropriate packaging let me know. But do send them a note letting them know that newsprint is NOT okay for collectibles!

Newsprint is fine as long as you wrap the items in something to protect them from ink transfer. I wrap small items in white tissue paper and larger items i just put in a plastic shopping bag.

lovesbabysquirmy
Captain Jack Pony

pineapple wrote:
lovesbabysquirmy wrote:

Newsprint is fine as long as you wrap the items in something to protect them from ink transfer. I wrap small items in white tissue paper and larger items i just put in a plastic shopping bag.

Explain to me how you protect the package and its contents from getting wet if the parcel encounters water. Does the newsprint magically remain dry? No ; it bleeds all over everything and turns into a pulpy mess. Newsprint is a HUGE no-no in MLP packaging - maybe you can scrub the ink off dishes and such, but it's a risk I wouldn't want taken with my pony.

Wantlist & Trades

Avatar by Vanilla Virus - thank you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Trader & Classifieds Support All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: