Overall: 12849

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 38
Bots: 3
Staff: 0
Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
Forums » Creativity » Customs » My first two completed customs: Peppermint Cocoa & Midnight
My first two completed customs: Peppermint Cocoa & Midnight
Discuss, Display, Request, Offer
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index » Customs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mousetrap
Fancy Pants Baby

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: My first two completed customs: Peppermint Cocoa & Midnight

I made Midnight for Varkolak, who was my partner for the unofficial newbie swap. She was originally Rarity and rehaired with Dollyhair's Midnight Magic blend and a touch of Snowflake. I painted her with gouache and added touches of glitter to the snow and her eyes. I moved the tail hole up to make it more natural looking. It might be hard to tell because I'm not the best painter, but on her side I painted a snowy landscape with the full moon shining bright. She has darker blue seal points on her legs, nose, around her eyes, the backs of her ears and on her horn.

Her name is unofficial, I just call her that because of the hair blend. Varkolak can name her whatever she wants.

Peppermint%20Cocoa%20is%20the%20reason%20I%20started%20customizing%20in%20the%20first%20place.%20I%20was%20really%20into%20the%20Christmas%20season%20this%20year,%20and%20mint%20chocolate%20is%20my%20favorite%20kind%20of%20sweet.%20She%20was%20originally%20Pinkie%20Pie,%20I%20rehaired%20her%20with%20Dollyhair's%20Snowflake%20and%20Cherry%20Pie,%20and%20painted%20her%20with%20gouache.%20I%20moved%20the%20tail%20hole%20up,%20which%20I'm%20doing%20with%20all%20of%20my%20customs.%20Her%20cutie%20mark%20is%20a%20candy%20cane%20with%20a%20cup%20of%20hot%20cocoa%20topped%20with%20whipped%20cream.%20I%20made%20it%20with%20a%20paper%20stencil,%20and%20it%20was%20hard!%20I'm%20going%20to%20have%20to%20use%20the%20tracing%20paper%20technique%20I've%20seen%20mentioned%20here%20before.%20I%20didn't%20show%20it,%20but%20it's%20on%20both%20sides.%20

Oh yeah, I just have to brag a little... both of their heads still move, even though the sealer I use makes them a little sticky. So that's two for two... We'll see how long I can go before I break a neck plug. Silly
lilacamy931
Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: My first two completed customs: Peppermint Cocoa & Midnight

They are both wonderful I love the colour combinations you have chosen for both - well done on the neck plugs, I have not got my hand on any G4s yet but dreading that part when I do!

lilacamy931.deviantart.com/
kittybethy
Pony Corral Mod
Pony Corral Mod

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: My first two completed customs: Peppermint Cocoa & Midnight

Very cute ponies! Nice work.

Scribbles Pony

Wow so sweet Wink

bigmlpfan xx

Call upon the sea ponies!
Elfpony
Arena Supporter
Arena Supporter

Both very nicely done. I like the dark bold colours.

Elf

Arkillian
Mighty Morphin Power Pony

I'm all over the candy cane pony. And you kept the heads? You use some special tool? Or dig you cut the plug out and glue it back in later? I want to keep mine still turning but I don't know how good rubber glue is
stardanielle
Ouchy Roids Pony

They are fantastic! I love them both!
rybett
Smoozed Pony

What do you mean not a good painter? They look fantastic!

Mousetrap
Fancy Pants Baby

Thanks everyone Smile I appreciate all of the nice comments. I think I'm addicted to this now, lol.

Quote::
I'm all over the candy cane pony. And you kept the heads? You use some special tool? Or dig you cut the plug out and glue it back in later? I want to keep mine still turning but I don't know how good rubber glue is

I cut the plug out so I could add the tail, then glued it back in with super glue. I used a lot in order to prevent it from being pushed down into the body. I shaved the hole in the neck a bit to make it wider, then I used pencils and the handle of my x-acto knife to stretch it out. I had to be really fast and forceful in putting it back on before the hole shrank back down, and it took me a couple of tries. The only downside to this is that for some reason Midnight's head doesn't sit flush anymore, but it's on securely.
jupiternwndrlnd
Customs Mod

they both look great!!! i love the snowy mountain scene ^_^

~*~My Custom Facebook~*~My Re-Hair Service~*~Elite Pledged Trader~*~
"I was a pony fan before ponies were cool!"

PurpleTracy
Big Brother Pony

They're awesome!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Customs All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: