Overall: 12849

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 30
Bots: 1
Staff: 0
Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
Forums » Pony Talk » Pony Corral » Simple Newbie Swap~ All Shipped~ Only One Left to Arrive!!!
Simple Newbie Swap~ All Shipped~ Only One Left to Arrive!!!
General MLP info, Q&A
Go to page 1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index » Pony Corral
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clones_rebellion
Evil Swap Queen

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Simple Newbie Swap~ All Shipped~ Only One Left to Arrive!!!

Sorry, but this thread is closed for new sign ups. Be watching the Arena, Newbie Swaps tend to crop up every few months or so! Wink

You asked for it and here it is~ A simple swap just for newbies! You are welcome to join if you meet at least two of the following conditions: 1. You have been on the Arena for more than two weeks, but less than six months. 2. You *do not* have at least five Arena feedbacks from either selling or trades. 3. You have never been in an Arena swap before. This will be a random swap, meaning that the person you will be sending a package to is not the same person you will be receiving a package from. So here are the rules~

1. You must be at least 16 years old (per Arena rules.)

2. Your package must contain a minimum of $10 worth of ponies (either one $10 pony or two $5 ponies.) All ponies sent must be real MLPs (including Breezies, Dolly Mix ponies, Blind Bag ponies, Petites, Mummy Charms, ect.) in very good to near mint condition. Customs, McD ponies and fakies can ONLY be sent as extras. You *DO NOT* have to send ponies from your partner’s want list unless you want to/ are able to. (But I do encourage it, if you can!)

3. You must also include some candy or treats and one or two little extras.

4. Please be sure to include a note so your partner will know who the box came from.

5. Since this is a Random swap, please *Do Not!* PM your partner! It takes all the fun out of it.

6. You must actively participate in the swap thread by posting at least once a week.

There will be 15 spots open. Sign ups will be open until Wednesday, October 5, 2011 ~12pm EST or until we are full. Partners will be assigned no later than Friday October 7, 2011. Shipping deadline will be Saturday November 19, 2011. (For a total of six weeks for shopping!) Please do not ship before November 7, 2011.

Before you sign up, please keep in mind that~ The $10 minimum *ONLY* applies to the cost of the ponies. The candy/ treats, extras and shipping are additional. You could easily spend $25- $30 or more on your package. But you also have six weeks to get everything together.

If you would like to sign up, please copy and paste the questions below and post your answers here on the thread.

1. Are you willing to ship internationally?

2. Do you have any food or fragrance allergies?

3. What kind of candy or snacks do you like? Any dislikes?

4. Tell us a little about yourself! How long have you been collecting ponies? Roughly how many do you have? Which generations do you colllect? Do you collect anything besides ponies? What is your favorite color and your favorite animal? Do you have any kids or pets? Are you into any crafts? Be creative here!

5. Post a link to your want list here if you have one. (Links only please!)

6. PM me with your name, mailing address and email address.

So who's joining us?
1. lemontwist~ has shipped! ~has received!
2. sabathamk~ has shipped! ~has received!
3. StarDragon~ has shipped! ~has received!
4. xkelpiex~ has shipped! ~has received!
5. lintuwolf aka silverskimmer~ has shipped! ~has received!
6. gargoylekitty~ has shipped! ~has received!
7. tehrin~ has shipped! ~has received!
8. PuddinAndPie~ has shipped! ~has received!
9. SaucyCustoms~ has shipped! ~has received!
10. Violet777~ has shipped! ~has received!
11. TwistedWindSox~ has shipped! ~has received!
12. ladybrooklyn~ has shipped! ~has received!
13. knitgirl~ has shipped! ~has received!
14. Tribble79~ has shipped! ~has received!
15. megt19~ has shipped!
16. ShinyKitsune~ has shipped! ~has received!

~My Wishlist!~ Thank you Moonbreeze for the wonderful siggy of my Atlas and Mareacooda's Bastet!

Last edited by clones_rebellion on 0; edited 20 times in total
clones_rebellion
Evil Swap Queen

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: Simple Newbie Swap~ Sign Ups Open!!!!

Basic Swap Etiquette 101!

These are just some guidelines and tips to help you with your package for not only this swap, but any regular swap you might participate in. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. Wink

Read the Rules! ~Every swap is different. Be sure to read the rules carefully. If you have any questions PM the swap host *Before Joining!*

Participation~ Try to stay involved in the swap thread by posting at least once a week. Inform the host if you plan to be away for any length of time.

Limit Yourself~ The Arena Mods strongly suggest that you limit yourself to being in three or less swaps at any one time. It can be very taxing on resources, both your time and finances. And it can easily rob you of the joy of the swaps and cause unnecessary burdens to others if you fail you uphold your end.

Your overall package~ Always remember that your swap box is a gift. It should be tailored to your partners likes and dislikes, but also reflect a bit of your own personality.

Pace Yourself!~ Give yourself lots of time for pony shopping. You may receive a pony that is less than "swap worthy" and may need to purchase a different pony. It may also take time to find the "perfect" extras.

Pony condition~ Any ponies sent should be in the best condition you can find them. Since they are gifts you'll want them to be as nice as possible. Small flaws tend to be more acceptable on the older generations (G1s and G2s) but try to find ponies with no obvious issues. (It is possible!) Since G3s are still readily available it is not hard to find them in near mint condition. And of course the G3.5s and G4s can still be found in stores.

Extras~ They can be store bought or homemade. Be creative and think small! Some ideas might be lotion, socks, stickers, lip gloss, small stuffed animals, small cultural items (post cards, key chains, ect) It is preferable for candy or treats to be prepackaged and sealed, especially if your box is going overseas. Homemade food items don't always survive the journey and are banned by customs in some countries.

Wrapping paper~ Wrapping the items in your package is usually optional, but encouraged. It adds an element of mystery, suspense and surprise.

Teaser pictures~ Once your package is complete it is customary to post a teaser picture. You could photograph all of the wrapped items, or just show a tiny corner of something. It is just that, a tease! Everyone in the swap knows that could be *their* box! Again, this is usually optional, but encouraged.

Be Courteous! Try to *NOT* buy ponies from your own want list while the swap is going on. (It is safe to buy yourself expensive ponies!) There is nothing more disappointing than getting the most perfect pony for your partner only to realize that it's no longer on their list because they just bought it!

Shipping~ A swap package should ALWAYS be sent in a box, never in a padded envelope. If you are shipping within your own country, it is a good idea to get a tracking number. Always keep your shipping receipt until your partner has been received her/his box. If you are shipping internationally please ship by Air Mail. (Air Mail usually arrives in two weeks or less, but surface mail can take up to eight weeks!)

Customs forms (when shipping internationally)~ Be careful when filling out customs forms. Be sure to mark your package as a GIFT. Since value is in the eye of the beholder, try to set as low a value on it as your conscience will allow. Some countries charge a fee to receive a package valued over X amount of dollars EVEN if it is marked as a gift.

Brag Posts~ When you receive your package take pictures of your loot and post on the Brag Thread. Tell us what you got and who you received your package from. The first person to receive their package gets to start the brag thread.

Feedback~ Once you have received your package and posted your brag be sure to leave feedback for your partner.

~My Wishlist!~ Thank you Moonbreeze for the wonderful siggy of my Atlas and Mareacooda's Bastet!

Last edited by clones_rebellion on 0; edited 4 times in total
lemontwist
Mommy & Baby Pony

I'm so in! I can actually afford it too, yay! Sorry if my answers get rambly, I chat when excited!

1. Are you willing to ship internationally? I don't think so >.< The shipping cost would probably break my eyes just looking at it. Sorry Embarassed

2. Do you have any food or fragrance allergies? Nope! I am somewhat sensitive to really strong fragrances though.

3. What kind of candy or snacks do you like? Any dislikes? I LOVE candy and snacks! For cany my favorites are... oh.... everything. Silly Especially anything fruity and gummy! or marshmallowy! or cute! Cute candy is awesome. And I love Neccos. And milk chocolate (dark chocolate makes my mouth raw!!) I think I need a bit more time to actually come up with a more concrete list, so I'll be sure to head over to my wishlist after this and make a better list of candies and snacks. I can't think on the spot!

4. Tell us a little about yourself! How long have you been collecting ponies? Roughly how many do you have? Which generations do you colllect? Do you collect anything besides ponies? What is your favorite color and your favorite animal? Do you have any kids or pets? Are you into any crafts? Be creative here!
Well I had a small collection of G1s as a very young kid, but they all got lost along the way... And I used to bathe with them, so whoever got them probably had a ton of cleaning to do hehe. I only recently got into real collecting because of the new show. I have around a dozen ponies, give or take. I'll take any Gens but I'm only actively searching for G3s, G4s and a few G1s. Other than ponies I collect socks! Specifically cute, colorful or very feminine and sweet looking ones. ribbons and lace and soft knits, oh my! I do not have kids, but my mom has a very sweet little dog named Pippin (my name choice!) and he loves cereal >.> My favorite colors are pink and sky blue/aqua/turquiose/variations thereof, sea foam green, and any purples! Also white/grey/silver. And yellow. And... okay I'll stop. my favorite animal is kittens. I crochet and hand sew so yarn or small pony-sized measures of fabric would be cool ^^
It's in my sig, is that okay? I'll be working on it throughout the day.

Will do! Flirty Pony Thanks so much for this opportunity!

SailorEarth
I have many skills.

Aww, I've never done a swap before but I've been here too long and have too much feedback to join. Oh well, Have fun everyone!

Wish List~Pony Sales~Doll Sales~RPF~DA~Cosplay.com~Blog~Etsy~DoA~FB
clones_rebellion
Evil Swap Queen

SailorEarth wrote:
Aww, I've never done a swap before but I've been here too long and have too much feedback to join. Oh well, Have fun everyone!

I would really like to hold this open for the real freshies. Wink With your feedback you should have no problem joining almost any swap. The holiday swap should be coming up soon. Good luck! Hug

SailorEarth
I have many skills.

clones_rebellion wrote:
SailorEarth wrote:

I would really like to hold this open for the real freshies. Wink With your feedback you should have no problem joining almost any swap. The holiday swap should be coming up soon. Good luck! Hug

Thanks! I'll have to keep an eye out for it ^_^

Wish List~Pony Sales~Doll Sales~RPF~DA~Cosplay.com~Blog~Etsy~DoA~FB
sabathamk
Bay Breeze Pony

YAY! Oh, I am so excited to be able to do this! I've been hoping to be able to do one of these when I first found out about them! And it's funny... the shipping deadline is the day before my birthday, haha Happy Pony . Lots of time to shop! Smile

I'm willing to ship to Canada or the USA. Smile

Nope, but strong fragrances can be a bit much. And I have sensitive skin, so I try to use fragrance free skin products. edit: I don't like fake sweeteners. no aspartame or sucralose, please. I'm not allergic, but they make me feel not so great.

Ooh... chocolate is my fave. Anything chocolate (dark, milk, doesn't matter). And almonds. And caramel. Mmmm. I like most candies. Not a fan of peeps, licorice, or jube jubes, though... but my husband and kids love them.

4. Tell us a little about yourself! How long have you been collecting ponies?
I started collecting in August this year. I had some as a child and I'm still trying to find two more I used to own (tiny twins sniffles and snookums... why do you elude me? Sad Pony ).
Roughly how many do you have?
I have about 100 total (G1s, G3s and the odd G2 and 4).
Which generations do you colllect?
I really love the G1's! They bring me back as I loved them as a kid. I'm mostly collecting them. The G4's are neat too... my daughter has a few and I quite like them (because I love the show so much).
Do you collect anything besides ponies?
I also collect the Fairy Tails birds... LOVE those so much! And I think I might be collecting Zelda and Mario stuff, I tend to buy it whenever I see it, haha.
What is your favorite color and your favorite animal?
My favorite color... is... man, tough one. I love pink, yellow and blue... and teal, royal purple, orange, red... Ok, I really love all colors, but I tend towards yellow for paint choice... so maybe yellow? I love wearing pink, teal, and purple. Bright colors, anyway. I don't know. This is tough. My favorite animal would be a cat. Or maybe a butterfly. I also love fairies and unicorns and pegasus (pegasi? Not sure how to make that plural).
Do you have any kids or pets?
I have two kids. My daughter just turned 3 and my son is 17 months. I also have a dog and a bunch of cats... but they are more 'farm cats' than pets. We live on a dairy, so we have a LOT of cats (and cows, ha ha)
Are you into any crafts?
I love all kinds of crafts! I just need to find time for them again. I paint, sculpt, scrapbook, write, LOVE stationary and stickers and stuff... I also sew (when I can get cheap fabric).

Embarassed I currently don't have one... perhaps I'll find time to make one sometime soon!
Edit: I just made one! I just don't know how to put it in my sig so here it is wishlist

Thanks to Cardinal Melody's pony maker!
wishlist/adoptables

Last edited by sabathamk on 0; edited 4 times in total
StarDragon
Colorswirl Pony

I just signed up this summer, so I think I am new enough. I've never participated in a swap before either, and this is something I've been really wanting to do, so yay!

-Don't think I can afford shipping costs at this time, so no. >_<

-Nope!

-Mmm, candy! Mostly chocolate (dark is my favorite, the darker the better), Kit-Kats, gummies, and Tootsie Pops! Edit: It might be a good idea to say what I do not prefer, which is coconuts, butterfingers, cream candies or licorice.

- I have been into ponies since I was two, but I only started collecting them five years ago. If I had to count, I'd say I have around 90 ponies total, some MIB G3s and G4s, and loose G1s. I want to collect G2s as well, but those will have to wait for now! It's difficult to choose a favorite gen, since I get mad rushes for a different generation every once and a while. Not too long ago it was for G2 (which was very hard to put off- I almost bought a few!!), and now it's for G3s.
I very loosely collect Beanie Babies and Pokemon Cards, since once and a while I get the nostalgia to go buy a pack of cards or a stuffed animal. I only collect the older Pokemon cards, the first four generations, since there are already too many that I cannot keep up with, LOL! I also loooved Lisa Frank as a child, and I have kept all my old binders, stickers, and pencils. <3
I don't have a favorite color either, because it changes all the time! Although I have always been partial to white and rainbows. ^^ Don't have a favorite animal either, I can never decide and they are all pretty cute (except for maybe spiders if they're within 10 feet. Otherwise, I'll end up personifying them, and grow attached- personifying things is kind of a problem for me). I do love horses, wolves, cats, and dragons! And gryphons of course, because they're kind of a mix of all of them.
I have three fish here in my dorm, Banjo, Boomerang, and Jackson (my roommate loves MJ), and back home I have a snake (Chaucer) and four kitties: Boots, Misty, Milo, and Ruaidh ("Roy or Rewy"), and I love talking about them to the point of obnoxiousness- don't get me started! LOL I am studying the arts and I am also a painter. I love to make clay ponies and sculptures!

Wishlist

Whoo, all done! Happy This will be fun, can't wait!

Last edited by StarDragon on 0; edited 2 times in total
xkelpiex
Target Exclusive Winter Pony

1. Yes, I am willing to ship internationally!

2. I am allergic to artificial sweeteners such as Aspartame, Sucralose, Splenda, Sweet''lo etc. And I am allergic to dark chocolate

3. I love chocolate and gummies especially. My fave chocolates are Lindt and Cadbury. I LOOOVE peach rings and Swedish Berries. I'm open to most candy, though! Except black licorice and coconut. Icky!

4. I am a 23 yr old girl who resides in Ontario, but recently moved here from Montreal! I just started to collecting this August, so I have under twenty ponies and most of them are G4. I aspire to collect all generations, but I especially like G1's. My favourite ponies are ponies that have celestial symbols on them, although I only have three that have it (Moondancer, Princess Royal Blue, and Luna). My favourite colours are burgundy, gold and blue, and not just for ponies. They are my fave colours for everything!
Aside from collecting ponies, I have also just started collecting Monster High dolls, and I have an interest in Littlest Pet shop. I also collect porcelain dolls, anything to do with faeries (I am obsessed, I tell you!), Disney stuff (esp. The Little Mermaid. Can you say OBSESSED?) and anime figures.
I love to read and I used to write, but I sort of lost that. I am trying to regain the concentration needed, but it is hard. I also used to draw ;.; One of the reasons that I may have lost touch with my creative is that I am Bipolar and need very strong meds. For a few years, while these meds are trying work, some may inhibit creative thinking. Now that my body is used to them, I am starting to become inspired, and it is my hope that I will soon be able to immerse myself into my world of fantasy yet again. And ponies have certainly helped this process. I am beginning to become in touch with my inner child again, and bursts of creative thought oft times come to me while brushing a ponies hair, or just staring at them and examining them.
I just got hired at a local Tim Horton's! Today was my first day, actually. I served coffee all day long and it was fun. Let's see how long the "fun" lasts XD
In our house, we have three albino hedgehogs, a miniature Daschund named Toby and a 2 lb teacup chihuahua named Chichi. My fave animals are cats and owls and sea creatures! I love nautical stuff.

5. www.mlparena.com/Forum...ml#3502994
I know nothing of pony prices, I just picked ones I liked, so I'm not asking or begging for expensive ponies. I am also using this list for me! Took me an hour and a half to make, going through all the pony guides for each gen.

Aaaaah! I'm so excited! Happy Pony

Last edited by xkelpiex on 0; edited 2 times in total
sabathamk
Bay Breeze Pony

xkelpiex, forgive my 'noob' ness, but what is gaiz?

btw, I love fairies too! And I used to write as well... but it takes so much time, and concentration. Difficult, that's for sure! I don't think I've read a book in ages neither!

edit: wait... were you saying anything goes? Haha... so sorry... took me a while!

Thanks to Cardinal Melody's pony maker!
wishlist/adoptables

Last edited by sabathamk on 0; edited 1 time in total
silverskimmer
Depends Pony

Yup :3
Haha, where do I start.
I'm allergic to nuts (like deathly allergic), milk products and citrus fruit.
Fragrance wise, anything flowery or strong. I'm really only okay with
berry ones and vanilla. Natural is best. I have very sensitive skin O.O It's normally just safer to not get me smelly things. I don't really use them
I love any candy I can eat really. I really love hard candies and jelly
beans.
4. Tell us a little about yourself! How long have you been collecting ponies?
Not long, only a couple of months. But I had one from when I was a kid travel with me all the time.
Um, not sure. Only a few. Maybe five G1s, one G3 and a bunch of G4s
Which generations do you collect?
All gens, but mostly G1s. I love all the babies, the boys and the summer/windy wing ponies
Realistic soft toy animals, Placebo and David Bowie stuff and pound puppy/purry stuff (not the stuff from the show). My girlfriend collects monster high stuff.
Favorite colour is purple, silver, black and teal ^^
Animal, that's hard D: skunks, rats, and dinosaurs
I have six rats and three cats.
Are you into any crafts? Be creative here!
Yup ^^ I love water colouring and molding stuff. I've just recently gotten
into custom ponies and it's super fun. I also love sewing and making soft toys, clothes, animal things you name it Energetic I love writing stories, though I hardly get time. Does reading count as a craft? Silly
www.mlparena.com/Forum....html#3499
Doing that now ^^

My girlfriend said she wants to help out, but only if it's not cheating Poke Tounge

Last edited by silverskimmer on 0; edited 3 times in total
gargoylekitty
Brush N Grow Pony

Sure!

No allergies, though I'm vegan so nothing with animal products. Also, not a big fan of vanilla as a scent. Though I seem to be on an eternal quest to smell like a strawberry(thus scented conditioner, sanitizer, lotion, ect), if that helps any!

Swedish fish and Mike and Ikes. Though here's two lists of veg-friendly store bought snacks. I'm not too picky so long as it's okay for me to eat. Silly

4. Tell us a little about yourself!
I'm 23, live in Virginia though have lived many other places as well. As far as ponies go, I especially love green ponies and unicorns in general, as though my icon wouldn't have told you that, lol. Also, have a fondness for wedding, rainbow, or tea-related marks.

How long have you been collecting ponies?
On and off since I was a kidling, though the last few months in this latest attempt to get back into them.

No clue. Though a glance around my room I spy 40 on display, 6 in the middle of being customized, and a container with roughly 30 in various stages of restoration.

Which generations do you colllect?
Mainly G1 and G4 with a few G3s.

Gargoyle statues, Gloomy bear, skelanimals, bat/cat/rabbit stuff, tea, teaware, and comics/comic merchandise.

My favorite color is green and my fav. animals are bats and cats, though I have a fondness for rabbits, the year I was born in, as well.

Technically just the cat, Moonlight Rose, is mine, though my house is also host to three dogs and a rabbit.

Are you into any crafts? Be creative here!
I draw/paint, customize ponies and other toys, sculpt, sew/create costumes and plushies, and am learning to knit, along with a few other small once in a while things. Working in a craft/art store makes it hard not to always want to try more. accomplished

5. Post a link to your want list here if you have one.
www.mlparena.com/Forum...75743.html
tehrin
Rockin Beat Pony

1. Are you willing to ship internationally?: I would love to, but finances won't allow for it at this time. Sad

2. Do you have any food or fragrance allergies?:
None! But some strong old lady perfume or customers excessively spraying stuff make me gag a lil.

3. What kind of candy or snacks do you like? Any dislikes? Milk chocolate, anything sour, or gummies! :9 Nuts (and peanut butter) are fine by me too! I don't care for... uh Mary Janes or black licorice.

I've been collecting since March of this year. I think I have somewhere near... uh... 26 G1, 1 G2, 1 G3, and 28ish G4. I collect mainly G1 and G4, but I don't mind G2 or G3! Any ponies are fine.
Besides ponies, I collect Monster High, final fantasy or RPG toys/figures/goodies.
Animals: Kitties are awesome! I also love tigers! Though any and all cats are amazing. ;D
Colors: My favorites: blue, purple, aqua, bright green, and hot pink. RAINBOWS! Happy
Hobbies: Drawing, painting (mainly painting stuff I just got into doing customs! but I also do digital art), sculpting, webdesign and stuff like that.

No children or pets!

ponies.valkyrie.nu/?page_id=52 (please excuse the crappy site, slowly getting around to getting it online)

G3 Prototype Pony

awwww, clones Hug this is soooo sweet of you to organise one for the newbies too.

xx

xkelpiex
Target Exclusive Winter Pony

sabathamk wrote:
xkelpiex, forgive my 'noob' ness, but what is gaiz?

btw, I love fairies too! And I used to write as well... but it takes so much time, and concentration. Difficult, that's for sure! I don't think I've read a book in ages neither!

edit: wait... were you saying anything goes? Haha... so sorry... took me a while!
It means "guys". It's a popular internet spelling, and I just use it in a humorous context!

I've just started reading again. It's taking me forever, but it's improving my concentration and is something I greatly enjoy!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Pony Corral All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Go to page 1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72  Next
Page 1 of 72

Jump to: