Overall: 12849

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 18
Bots: 0
Staff: 0
Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
Forums » TCB » Trader & Classifieds Support » PayPal dispute with an Arena member (update)
PayPal dispute with an Arena member (update)
Help with your Trades, Sales, and Auctions, including ebay
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index » Trader & Classifieds Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sugarapplecutie28
Rapunzel Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: PayPal dispute with an Arena member (update)

no, i didnt do that. i didnt fool you. thats taking it too far now. i am unemployed so it took some time to get the money back. either way it was a mistake and im sorry. she hadnt replied so i sold them to you. after you paid she said she wanted to the whole lot. so i thought why not give her back her money and sell the lot to this other person so i can get rid of the whole lot. and thats what happened. i didnt mean to take so long in getting your money back. and i didnt mean to make anyone upset.
lovebeam
Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm

Quote::
i am unemployed so it took some time to get the money back.

Which means you spent it and made her wait for a month. You should have refunded her money immediately, why should she have had to wait? That was very shady of you. I never would have lied to someone and sold a lot to someone else when she had made the first offer. In all my pony sell/trades it is first come, first served. I do hope the ponies have indeed been sent to the other person. If not I think a paypal claim would be in order.

StarFaerie
Mommy & Baby Pony

lovebeam wrote:
Quote::
i am unemployed so it took some time to get the money back.

Which means you spent it and made her wait for a month. You should have refunded her money immediately, why should she have had to wait? That was very shady of you. I never would have lied to someone and sold a lot to someone else when she had made the first offer. In all my pony sell/trades it is first come, first served. I do hope the ponies have indeed been sent to the other person. If not I think a paypal claim would be in order.

I agree, this is no excuse. (random numbers put in here) Just say you sold it to Xara for $10, then resold it to her friend for $20, you had $30. Even if you spent the $10 from Xara, you still had the other $20 with which to refund her and that doesn't take a month. You did completely the wrong thing here.

Can I request that SAC be put on the bad trader's list?

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a woman in possession of disposable income, must be in want of a pony.
fingerpaints
making a mess pony

sugarapplecutie28 - there are a number of problems with this transaction

1) You sold part of a lot to another seller, then backed out because someone made an offer on the whole lot. This is really uncool, and you can actually get kicked off places like ebay over these sorts of trading practices.

2) You accepted money from both parties, then told buyer #1 you lost the lot, and held onto that money for a month. As starfaerie said, even if you had already spent the x ammount that buyer #1 had sent you, why didn't you refund after you recieved payment from buyer #2?

You have been a member for long enough to know that this sort of thing isn't considered to be fine. Put yourself in Xara's shoes, im sure you would be pretty miffed about the situation at hand too.
Mosa
Target Exclusive Winter Pony

Maybe I should also open my mouth. I'm the other buyer.
I haven't recieved the ponies yet, but I know it can take time to ship a package overseas.

I still have some days left before I have to do the paypal dispute. So I'm still waiting.

Sarahlacewing

I agree with fingerpaints entirely.

There is no excuse for this. You mislead all concerned and held the funds because you spent their money. I'd hate to think what would have happened if they had not opened their case. I advise the second party to also file if the ponies do not arrive before the claim cut off period. You have been a member long enough to know what is appropriate and what isn't. You are sorry you got caught. I believe a zero rating/ negative from both parties is warranted.

Pony adoptable by SoundTune.
Ember's CustomsCommissions open
Mosa

I have also filed a paypal dispute. The ponies have not arrived and it seems that Sugarapplecutie has disappeared from the arena. She hasn't read her messages ever since I asked for a proof of sending the package.
I had no choice since we are soon moving out and I'm not sure how long we will have our internet and it was only four days before the last day to make the dispute. We'll see what happens.

Behemoth
I AM THE TABLE

Location: hiding behind the display cases to the right!! (lol MW3 refrence) NB, Long Island

fingerpaints wrote:
sugarapplecutie28 - there are a number of problems with this transaction

1) You sold part of a lot to another seller, then backed out because someone made an offer on the whole lot. This is really uncool, and you can actually get kicked off places like ebay over these sorts of trading practices.

2) You accepted money from both parties, then told buyer #1 you lost the lot, and held onto that money for a month. As starfaerie said, even if you had already spent the x ammount that buyer #1 had sent you, why didn't you refund after you recieved payment from buyer #2?

You have been a member for long enough to know that this sort of thing isn't considered to be fine. Put yourself in Xara's shoes, im sure you would be pretty miffed about the situation at hand too.
i agree with all of this!

sugarapplecutie, you deserve what you got. you think for being a member for 3 damn years you would know this is not acceptable selling practices? have you not seen what has happened in the past when people sell the same items to 2, 3, 4, or even more people? *cough BABYSUGARBERRY81 cough* just goes to show you cant trust people, no matter how long they've been selling/trading/buying.

i was thinking of buying stuff from you but theres no way in hell thats happening now. you lost a potential buyer. your lies and deception are simply appaling.

you deserve a spot on the bad trader list!

Ringlets
Trader Support Mod

Location: Silverbells Manor UK...there's always room for more ponies!!

This is not a pleasant situation and I understand why everyone is getting upset in here Hug ... however, can I just post a reminder to keep the discussion civil please? I dont want to have to lock up this thread. We are dealing with the situation Wink

heart Wanted* ILuvTheArenaBrag3*Brag/picfic4 Yay!Brag/picfic5 For sale heart
glittery heart Smile I'm Ringlets, Trader Support Moderator Smile heart glittery
ThriftyPony
Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony

What SAC did was wrong. But... Just remember that everyone has done a bad deed a time or two... Or made a foolish mistake. Let's not be too harsh.

I hope the buyer receives the lot. SAC has been involved in swaps and things that I have participated in and she seems like a normally good person, so it is sad to hear... Just a lesson to us all to just be honest from the get-go and abide by the Arena selling/trade rules, I suppose.

Please visit my fakie website for IDing your fakies!

My trader feedback.
heart Thanks to MisfitPony for my avatar. heart
Behemoth
I AM THE TABLE

Location: hiding behind the display cases to the right!! (lol MW3 refrence) NB, Long Island

Any updates?

Xara

I'm still waiting to see if Mosa gets her ponies before I leave my negative feedback. She hasn't received them though, so we don't quite know yet. It might be the holiday season slowing the mail, but it's difficult to know, and looking less probable each day of course.

Ask me about art commissions! Thanks to UnicornGusty for my signature pic.
lovebeam
Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm

Anyone know if she had an ebay account? Might be worthwhile to check and see if she has sold the ponies on there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Trader & Classifieds Support All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: