Overall: 12849

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 112
Bots: 0
Staff: 0
Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
Forums » Pony Talk » Off Topic » Fav kind of music?
Fav kind of music?
Life Outside Ponyland...
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index » Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheDarkWithin
Rockin Beat Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Fav kind of music?

Just wondering ! Happy

Personally, I mostly enjoy doom metal, progressive metal and post-rock, although I enjoy other things too ! What do you enjoy the most?

Favorite band: Opeth ! No doubts there~

Portfolio
deviantART, commissions are open, check for info !
Etsy
Ebay
Vimeo
Zazzle
Facebook
Beldarna
G3 Prototype Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: Fav kind of music?

I listen to most kinds of music but prefer symphonic black metal. Favoriteband is Summoning heart Also classic music mixed with pop, aka Sarah Brightman. Soprano at it's best. Mixing these two together creates magic.

TheDarkWithin
Rockin Beat Pony

Beldarna wrote:
I listen to most kinds of music but prefer symphonic black metal. Favoriteband is Summoning heart Also classic music mixed with pop, aka Sarah Brightman. Soprano at it's best. Mixing these two together creates magic.

Cool ! Always nice to find fellow metalheads~ Happy

I was a soprano back when I was in choir in my music school~ I loved it and it is one of the things I trully miss about music school... I don't think I could go back to being a soprano even if I tried and went back to training xD I think my voice got a biiiit deeper than it was. Then again, it might just be lack of training Smile

Portfolio
Etsy
Ebay
Vimeo
Zazzle
Facebook
Beldarna
G3 Prototype Pony

Cool! I love Metal! Almost any kind, except trash but I can live with it when I'm clubbing. Smile

Cool to be a singer! The only thing I did music vise was playing the guitar. I'm pretty much tone deaf. My bf wont even let me sing in the shower, and he should know, being a musician. On the other hand, he did buy me a Singstar game. I have no idea where he's mind is. Laugh

TheDarkWithin
Rockin Beat Pony

Beldarna wrote:
Cool! I love Metal! Almost any kind, except trash but I can live with it when I'm clubbing. Smile

Cool to be a singer! The only thing I did music vise was playing the guitar. I'm pretty much tone deaf. My bf wont even let me sing in the shower, and he should know, being a musician. On the other hand, he did buy me a Singstar game. I have no idea where he's mind is. Laugh

Haha, both me and my boyfriend have music background~ We both learned music theory, sang in choirs and played an instrument ! We were in different schools (we didn't even know eachother back then !). I played the violin for about 8 years and he played the piano for way longer (16 years of his life or something ridiculous like that xD). I stopped playing for good, but he still plays the piano when he goes back to Portugal. But we both found other instruments soon enough: I play the bass and he plays the guitar ! It's fun to play together, although I don't have much time to practice at the moment xD

Portfolio
Etsy
Ebay
Vimeo
Zazzle
Facebook
Mantispony
Colorswirl Pony

Rock music in general, with a sympathy for '60 and '70s rock in particular, as well as J(apanese)-rock. And recently steampunk (think Abney Park)

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-p1whg27yQ5E/TuNk0Cga93I/AAAAAAAAAoE/TaQH-l4ibOU/s100/Feather%2BSong%2B100x100.png[/img]%20[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Bi6fhgzjt70/TuNk0ESNloI/AAAAAAAAAoA/U6F2iK1H4NM/s100/Jinglebox%2B100x100.png[/img]
(Click Pony for reference sheet)
TheDarkWithin
Rockin Beat Pony

Mantispony wrote:
Rock music in general, with a sympathy for '60 and '70s rock in particular, as well as J(apanese)-rock. And recently steampunk (think Abney Park)

Niiiiice~ J-rock <3 Also, steampunk music? I think I've seen something like it a while ago, but I am curious ! Tell me more about it~ Smile

Portfolio
Etsy
Ebay
Vimeo
Zazzle
Facebook
Mantispony
Colorswirl Pony

There's no rock quite like J-rock Wink

Steampunk music is in continuation of the steampunk movement; "what if the Victorians had access to our technology, what would they have invented?", just before the industrial revolution. Things are hand-made, mechanical (that's why gears are such a powerful element in steampunk, and often representing steampunk in people's minds), and unique instead of mass-made.

Letters are written and sent, rather than an e-mail typed. Clocks are hand-made, clothes are hand-made..

..I digress. Back to the music. It's mostly the instruments of the Victorian era, though modern versions of it are often used (such as the violin). Of course, there are variations, like industrial steampunk, gothic steampunk etc.

Themes used in Steampunk music are Victorian, usually plague drama, romantic drama, futuristic visions (of a future which never came to be, of course! Because steampunk sort of.. ..creates a timeline which, in our lives, did not exist.) and dark dreams. ..at least, as far as I can tell.

Hope that helps Poke Tounge

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-p1whg27yQ5E/TuNk0Cga93I/AAAAAAAAAoE/TaQH-l4ibOU/s100/Feather%2BSong%2B100x100.png[/img]%20[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Bi6fhgzjt70/TuNk0ESNloI/AAAAAAAAAoA/U6F2iK1H4NM/s100/Jinglebox%2B100x100.png[/img]
TheDarkWithin
Rockin Beat Pony

Mantispony wrote:
There's no rock quite like J-rock Wink

Steampunk music is in continuation of the steampunk movement; "what if the Victorians had access to our technology, what would they have invented?", just before the industrial revolution. Things are hand-made, mechanical (that's why gears are such a powerful element in steampunk, and often representing steampunk in people's minds), and unique instead of mass-made.

Letters are written and sent, rather than an e-mail typed. Clocks are hand-made, clothes are hand-made..

..I digress. Back to the music. It's mostly the instruments of the Victorian era, though modern versions of it are often used (such as the violin). Of course, there are variations, like industrial steampunk, gothic steampunk etc.

Themes used in Steampunk music are Victorian, usually plague drama, romantic drama, futuristic visions (of a future which never came to be, of course! Because steampunk sort of.. ..creates a timeline which, in our lives, did not exist.) and dark dreams. ..at least, as far as I can tell.

Hope that helps Poke Tounge

I knew about the steampunk scene and I find it quite fascinating, but I didn't know much about the music ! How interesting ! I must search more about it and listen to a few things (I admit, you nailed me there with the gothic and industrial steampunk music). YAY!

I remember seeing a booth on MCM Expo in London last year... it was magnificent ! There was a steampunk Darth Vader bust and loads of amazing things !

Portfolio
Etsy
Ebay
Vimeo
Zazzle
Facebook
Mantispony
Colorswirl Pony

Uhmm a good band I'd suggest is Abney Park, I recently started listening to them and I'm totally smitten! I'd strongly recommend their song "Dear Ophelia"

..though I guess you can also find some steampunky elements in Emilie Autumn's songs.

TheDarkWithin
Rockin Beat Pony

Mantispony wrote:
Uhmm a good band I'd suggest is Abney Park, I recently started listening to them and I'm totally smitten! I'd strongly recommend their song "Dear Ophelia"

..though I guess you can also find some steampunky elements in Emilie Autumn's songs.

Thanks for the suggestions, I will definitely take a look at those ! Happy

Portfolio
Etsy
Ebay
Vimeo
Zazzle
Facebook
Mantispony
Colorswirl Pony

Glad to help ^^

01mlplover
Brush N Grow Pony

Rap is my absolute favorite but rock music is up there as well.

Wishlist here:
www.mlptp.net/forums/w...-list.html
Mantispony
Colorswirl Pony

01mlplover wrote:
Rap is my absolute favorite but rock music is up there as well.

..sounds like the Bloodhound Gang, to me Wink

fireextinquisher
Colorswirl Pony

I never know how to classify things...I guess I like rock mostly, but I also like J-pop (if I'm in the right mood for it).

Thanks to sabathamk and monstarnomnom (icon)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: