Overall: 12849

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 20
Bots: 1
Staff: 0
Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
Forums » Pony Talk » Pony Corral » Dates and Location for 2012 MLP Fair Announced!
Dates and Location for 2012 MLP Fair Announced!
General MLP info, Q&A
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index » Pony Corral
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SweetTune
Arena Supporter
Arena Supporter

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: Dates and Location for 2012 MLP Fair Announced!

I'm hoping to get our hotel block room rate information posted this week so everyone can start making their hotel reservations.

I ask that everyone please consider staying in the host hotel this year if it is possible for you over the event weekend. Our venue contract includes a specified number of room nights occupied and if we don't fill our room quota the Fair will be responsible for paying the unused portion (we don't want this to happen since it could change ticket pricing). We've never had to deal with attrition in our contracts before, but it seems it is common practice in Florida. Guests will be getting some additional "perks" for staying in the host hotel and I will keep you posted as details are finalized.

Stay tuned!

SweetTune's Pony Blog
lunar_scythe
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: Dates and Location for 2012 MLP Fair Announced!

biggest issue with me has been the hotels not having an airport shuttle or free internet... hehe, I like to save my money to buy ponies, not pay taxis! Smile

ThriftyPony
Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony

Wah. I hope it comes a little closer to PA next year. I have to save all my vacation time from work for something else.

Please visit my fakie website for IDing your fakies!

My trader feedback.
heart Thanks to MisfitPony for my avatar. heart
Roogna
G3 Rosey Pony

I would love to stay at the main hotel some year...but it's always so expensive. If I can save $30-50 or more PER NIGHT then I will ;p b/c that price difference pays for my tables as a vendor at the very least. heck, even $30-50 overall in savings would get me to switch.

last year I think I saved more like $70-80+ a night staying at a different hotel!! (after figuring in required valet parking and parking fees, etc)

but...will our venue be the hotel? or someplace we have to drive to from the hotel?

Elfpony
Arena Supporter
Arena Supporter

We'll most likely be staying in the host hotel, regardless. After driving two days to get to the venue we'd rather park the car for a couple days (although we are planning on making the trek to Kennedy Space Centre.)

Elf

SailorEarth
I have many skills.

Oh man, I wish I could go! If we weren't broke I could get two dream trips in one, MLP Fair and Disney World Whoa

Wish List~Pony Sales~Doll Sales~RPF~DA~Cosplay.com~Blog~Etsy~DoA~FB
tikibirds
Arena Supporter
Arena Supporter

YAY! Sweet. it would be really cool if the host hotel was Disney's Coranado Springs resort and Convention center - but that would probably cost a fortune. Literally.

Arena Supporter
Arena Supporter

Information on our host hotel group rate and booking is now available on the Fair website.

The Fair will be taking place in the ballroom at the Rosen Plaza Hotel.

Hotel guests will once again get an official Fair Key card and we are working on some fun after regular hours stuff and extras for thoses who stay at the hotel as well.

Plus, they have an awesome pool... I'm thinking an informal meet and greet swim party may need to happen on Friday night! Thoughts?

SweetTune's Pony Blog
lunar_scythe
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter

awesome! just 1 question... what dates are counted for the group rate?

SweetTune
Arena Supporter
Arena Supporter

Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Smile

SweetTune's Pony Blog
Roogna
G3 Rosey Pony

hmm...not bad in price...but I'll need more than fr, sat, and sun as we're planning on hitting disney too
still need to compare to other hotels as well

mercynova
NSS Buttons

Roogna wrote:
hmm...not bad in price...but I'll need more than fr, sat, and sun as we're planning on hitting disney too
still need to compare to other hotels as well

Ditto, looks like a lovely venue though Happy

Currently seeking: MIB First Tooth Baby Quackers
drusilla
Arena Supporter
Arena Supporter

i am amazed actualy because this hotel offers 10 times more stuff then the hotel in rhode island did and it is a cheeper price then what i paid last year also.

dont forget to look for room mates if you can, i went with my 2 sisters last time so our hotel bill was diveded by 3. lets see.. 109.00 by 3 = 36 bucks im not sure if this place lets 3 people to 2 double beds, got to check.

so as of right now it looks like the plane ticket would be 600 if i booked now but way cheeper hotels and it is close to lots of attractions.

hmmmmm going to have to think about it

G3 Rosey Pony

it wont let me edit

but

I just booked 5 nights at the Best Western Plus that's only 1.5 miles away
for $67/night! with free breakfast, parking, shuttles, etc

so we'll be doing some disney/universal on those extra days Smile

ashlyne
Arena Supporter
Arena Supporter

I just booked our room! I think the price is very reasonable considering it's a hotel with a convention space large enough to host us. Unfortunately most REALLY cheap hotels probably wouldn't be big enough to host our event. But if you need cheaper rates, there are other options -- like Roogna found!

But I really, really enjoy staying at the convention site for the event. It's more money overall, but worth it to me to not lug all that stuff any further than I have to. Or get up any earlier in the morning than I have to Poke Tounge I do love my sleepy time! Plus, the freebies and perks were awesome last year!

A couple of things to note: The fitness center AND INTERNET are comped for the length of the event! I was very happy to hear that! But there is a $13/day parking charge, so be aware of that if you're driving. I haven't looked into it, but maybe there's free parking nearby???

We're not entirely sure when we're arriving and leaving, but we are staying longer than the 3 nights, but most likely at a different site.

I highly recommend doing the icecream social again if it's doable -- we had so much fun and it was a great way to get to know people you didn't get a chance to talk with during the Fair. The pool-side get-together sounds fun too. Last year, we organized an informal breakfast, and we've done dinner group outtings too. I'm sure I'll have PLENTY to do that weekend with my pony peeps Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Pony Corral All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: