Overall: 12849

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 25
Bots: 1
Staff: 0
Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
Forums » Pony Talk » Pony Corral » Dates and Location for 2012 MLP Fair Announced!
Dates and Location for 2012 MLP Fair Announced!
General MLP info, Q&A
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index » Pony Corral
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ivy
G3 Prototype Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: Dates and Location for 2012 MLP Fair Announced!

KarentheUnicorn wrote:
I remember when I went one year we went to the daytona races in July and it was 99 degrees.

So it is hot in florida but firstly you're going to be inside for the pony meet so not really a problem there.

Going to places like Disney, I do advise people to pace themselves considering the summer months are the peak season and in my experience going to places like Disney in florida is better done during the off season, like January or November. I had my best experience at Disney when me and my family went mid November. My worse experience was going on July 4th and the week after christmas. DO NOT go there on the 4th you will be sorry. I went on the 4th one year and they had to close magic kingdom because it was full. Yes, they maxed out the number of people that could be in the park. And when it was time to leave that place, we did not get out of there till 3am because everyone was leaving at the same time.

I'm not sure when everyone is going to do other stuff, the week before the fair or stay the week after but I strongly advice missing theme parks on the 4th of July.

So if you are going to do disney be prepared to wait a lot and a lot of heat, if you take kids be prepared to hear a lot of fussing. I'd just advise taking your time, seeing what you can see at Disney and not be disappointed if you can't do everything.

Try to find a pony friend who has been to Disney is always a plus for newbies.

I'd say if you've never been any of the theme parks are great. I'm kinda cheesy and I love Epcot but if you've never been to Disney World you'll probably want to do Magic Kingdom. Animal Kingdom is okay.

You forgot my absolute favorite park the Disney Studios! (I might be a little bias because I worked there!)

Yes it is hot in July - But! There are enough places to cool off- almost every indoor attraction is Air Conditioned and it always cools off in the afternoon after the rain - it rains nearly every day there between 1pm and 3pm you can almost set your watch by it! The rain is usually short and sweet - 30mins-1hr at the most and walla slightly cooler weather and less humidity. Happy

One place that should be on the top of a visitors list is Downtown Disney! It's free to visit (unless your like me and like to buy lots of cool stuff)- lots to see and do.

Its also a good idea when getting a hotel to look for one with a free shuttle to the parks even if your not planning on going to the parks you can use their transportation system to get you to places like Downtown Disney or any of the Disney Resort hotels - which are great places to take pictures!

I'm already making plans and saving pennies it's gonna be a tight year but I'm going - I may not go home...
KarentheUnicorn
Twinkle Eye Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: Dates and Location for 2012 MLP Fair Announced!

ivy wrote:
You forgot my absolute favorite park the Disney Studios! (I might be a little bias because I worked there!)

I love that park to! I'm not picky I love it all but most people want to do magic kingdom if they've never been. I didn't know you worked there ivy! Thats cool.

Quote::
it rains nearly every day there between 1pm and 3pm you can almost set your watch by it!

YEP!

Quote::
One place that should be on the top of a visitors list is Downtown Disney! It's free to visit (unless your like me and like to buy lots of cool stuff)- lots to see and do.

YES, they have a BIG lego store!! And there is a movie theater there as well if I remember rightly and a lot of stores. Last time I went the hotel we stayed at was in the downtown disney area because I could walk to it Smile

www.vaponymeet.com
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Obscuria
Time Lord/Torchwood Pony

kittykat7 wrote:
YAY!!! I am soooo glad it is Florida, especially Orlando. I am only about 45 mins away. I can't wait... I am sooooooooooooo excited!!!

First I have to say I love your avvie because I have a picture of Skyrocket in almost the exact same place, YAY EPCOT!

Also I'm in New Smyrna Beach so not far!

FINALLY FLORIDA!

I don't have a car atm, that may change before next year but if not would some pony be willing to pick me up and such? I'm only an hour from Orlando and I WILL NOT MISS IT THIS YEAR DARN IT!

And if any pony wants a Disney guide I'm your girl, I had a Florida Resident pass for a year, park-hopper pass and all, I know all the tricks, the parks inside and out, best times for each ride, how to find charactera and even the BEST places to eat!

This Could be the Last of all the Rides we Take/So Hold on Tight and Don't Look Back/We Don't Care about the Message or the Rules They Make/I'll Find You when the Sun Goes Black/You Only Live Forever in the Lights You Make/When We Were Young we Used to Say/You Only Hear the Music When Your Heart Begins to BREAK/We Are the Kids From Yesterday/PP by Lina
pandorarose3
G3 Prototype Pony

i am just hopping i can get mom to come make a vacation out of it hehe.

Elfpony
Arena Supporter
Arena Supporter

So when Roomy got home last night the first words I said to her were "it's only 23 hours and 41 minutes to drive to Orlando" and her response was "Ooh, the Fair's in Orlando? We can totally do that!" So vacation time and money permitting, we'll be there again!

I fear no heat and humidity! Ottawa can go from 131 degrees F with 100% humidity in the summer to -67 F (also 100% humidity) in the winter! I much prefer the summer heat!

Elf

drusilla
Arena Supporter
Arena Supporter

elf you have the most amazing roomie LOL

i hope to see you there if i can make it

So Soft Pony

I had to google conversions, so 90 degrees is about the same as 32 degrees in Australia, so that's not really too hot, but when you add 100% humidity, I think i would literally die LOL! Orlando sounds a bit like Darwin in Australia, doesn't have 4 seasons, just wet or dry....
kittykat7
Colorswirl Pony

Obscuria wrote:
kittykat7 wrote:
YAY!!! I am soooo glad it is Florida, especially Orlando. I am only about 45 mins away. I can't wait... I am sooooooooooooo excited!!!

First I have to say I love your avvie because I have a picture of Skyrocket in almost the exact same place, YAY EPCOT!

Also I'm in New Smyrna Beach so not far!

FINALLY FLORIDA!

I don't have a car atm, that may change before next year but if not would some pony be willing to pick me up and such? I'm only an hour from Orlando and I WILL NOT MISS IT THIS YEAR DARN IT!

And if any pony wants a Disney guide I'm your girl, I had a Florida Resident pass for a year, park-hopper pass and all, I know all the tricks, the parks inside and out, best times for each ride, how to find charactera and even the BEST places to eat!

Thanks! I try to take a different pony with me each time I go to Disney and get a picture of them somewhere different. Fluttershy is the only pony that I took pictures of her everywhere around EPCOT. Even the guy at Target when I got the picture printed commented on it and said he recognized EPCOT!

Bay Breeze Pony

yay!! I will definatly be coming. only 2 hours from me. If you need any help with the fair next year lmk !!

I don't know where in orlando the fair will be (orlando is huge). but in lake buena vista (disney) one of the hotels has a g1 pony display in it. I can't remember what it's called, but I took a pic last year when I was there.

StoryDreamer
Lil Cupcake Sister Pony

Could it be the Pop Century? The hotel, I mean, with the ponies in it.

Clipper
Bay Breeze Pony

oh yea storydreamer thats it!! :-) thank you!!

Kazzellin
Rapunzel Pony

Orlando? Bummer. That's more than a 24-hour drive from me right now, and considering that Consumer Reports just listed it as one of the worst cities in the US to try walking anywhere in, I'm not sure I want to go. :/

I shall have to think on this. awake

Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony

Yay! I really hope I can attend! Energetic

My Little Pony Pals: A Flickr group for MLP animal friends (all gens).
Dibbles
Pretty Pony Princess

Varkolak wrote:
come on pony fair, scoot a little closer to iowa

This.
I do hope to attend the pony fair someday, but until it gets closer to where I am, I am out of luck.

Thanks to Cassu for my avatar and SDS for my signature!
ashlyne
Arena Supporter
Arena Supporter

Just bought my flight tickets!

Happy Pony I'm SUPER excited!!!! Energetic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Pony Corral All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: