Overall: 12849

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 34
Bots: 0
Staff: 0
Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
Forums » Pony Talk » Pony Corral » Dates and Location for 2012 MLP Fair Announced!
Dates and Location for 2012 MLP Fair Announced!
General MLP info, Q&A
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index » Pony Corral
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bellevi
Bay Breeze Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: Dates and Location for 2012 MLP Fair Announced!

As affordable as airfare would be for me, maybe it would be best to drive... I would be afraid of the airport ruining or losing all of the ponies I buy.

pandorarose3
G3 Prototype Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: Dates and Location for 2012 MLP Fair Announced!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH OMG OMG OMG OMG I hopefully can definitely pull that one off hehehe.

Bee-chan
Crazed Parapara Dancer

Sadly, I can't go. Won't be able to afford it, especially since AnimeNEXT is the month before and I don't dare risk asking for time off again immediately after AN.

I DO want to go to Orlando sometime soon, though, and hit up Wizarding World of Harry Potter, but it's going to have to be during the winter. July in Florida is bloody frakking hotter than Hades butt! I start melting at 70 degrees as it is! XP

PONY STICKER & CHARM SHOP! // Official Bee-Hive Studios art blog!
megt19
So Soft Pony

So how hot is it actually? A lot of people are commenting about the heat....
Wysteria
G3 Prototype Pony

Well many of us from up north probably don't like it much above 70 but FL in July can be in the 90s or worse with 100% humidity =gross lol. Plus crowded theme parks but if you stay on go on a Monday its probably not as bad;) Its a toss up though, get a good partly cloudy day or bring a mister fan and you'll be fine:) I'm used to the same nasty heat in KY in July for Breyerfest so its all a matter of being prepared.

SunnyDazeAhead
MIB Rapunzel Pony

It's gonna be a scorcher! I remember the heat and humidity from when I went to college down in Florida. Been planning on visiting Orlando again at some point this might be a good reason as any to make that trip. Big Ups Sounds exciting. Happy Pony

MonstarNomNom
Mommy & Baby Pony

I am SOOOOOO going! I am not missing this one for the world! ;D

Thanks to VanillaVirus for my avvi!
Nimbus Ref~Spiorad Ref~Fleet Ref~Axel Ref~My dA
Desperately seeking Big Brother Hats and Bandanas! Please contact me if you have any!
okiegurl1981
MIB Rapunzel Pony

It can't be any worse than 110+ plus summers here in Oklahoma! We had the tems hit 118 one day this year! hot

ashlyne
Arena Supporter
Arena Supporter

Ya, Indiana summers tend to be just as hot and humid as Orlando, so I'll survive.

The way I look at it, the Fair has survived two very hot Vegas locations. Orlando shouldn't be as hot, but it will be more humid. If the heat really gets to you, you probably won't like it there. But there's plenty of indoor stuff you can do, and I'm pretty sure the Fair venue will be air-conditioned Wink

Here's a good tip I learned if you're going to spend all day outside, like at an amusement park: Freeze down some water bottles and carry them around in a thin backpack. Kept me cooler at Disney the last time I was there and we always had a cold drink on hand!
Roogna
G3 Rosey Pony

heat is relative and based some on what you're used to. I spent a month in Thailand in the summer one year and wasa pretty hot but the locals said it would acctually get much hotter in a few more months. In comparison, I'mnot worried about FL heat...though I'm not a fan of hot/beach weather lol

plus, the Fair is INDOORS pony people! We aren't setting up camp outside Silly and I'm sure FL knows about Air Conditioning Wink

knitgirl
Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony

I only wish it was earlier in the year so I could escape the cold!! Heat doesn't bother me at all. I used to live in Florida and one year I came home to DC to visit in July and it was a good 10 degrees hotter here than it was in Florida at the time.

Dewprincess
G3 Prototype Pony

I think I can make this one! I'm nervous about the heat but at least the Fair is indoors!

KarentheUnicorn
Twinkle Eye Pony

I remember when I went one year we went to the daytona races in July and it was 99 degrees.

So it is hot in florida but firstly you're going to be inside for the pony meet so not really a problem there.

Going to places like Disney, I do advise people to pace themselves considering the summer months are the peak season and in my experience going to places like Disney in florida is better done during the off season, like January or November. I had my best experience at Disney when me and my family went mid November. My worse experience was going on July 4th and the week after christmas. DO NOT go there on the 4th you will be sorry. I went on the 4th one year and they had to close magic kingdom because it was full. Yes, they maxed out the number of people that could be in the park. And when it was time to leave that place, we did not get out of there till 3am because everyone was leaving at the same time.

I'm not sure when everyone is going to do other stuff, the week before the fair or stay the week after but I strongly advice missing theme parks on the 4th of July.

So if you are going to do disney be prepared to wait a lot and a lot of heat, if you take kids be prepared to hear a lot of fussing. I'd just advise taking your time, seeing what you can see at Disney and not be disappointed if you can't do everything.

Try to find a pony friend who has been to Disney is always a plus for newbies.

I'd say if you've never been any of the theme parks are great. I'm kinda cheesy and I love Epcot but if you've never been to Disney World you'll probably want to do Magic Kingdom. Animal Kingdom is okay. If you get passes you can get a thing called park hopper where you can visit more than one park in a day so you could do magic kingdom and then do epcot in the afternoon. But really in my experience you really just need to stick to one park a day because you're going to be rushing here and there and thats not any fun, especially in the summer. I think park hopper is more advisable for someone who has been to disney and is interested in doing on certain things at one park and then moving on to the next park.

Anyway, there is probably something I have forgotten, oh yea, Seaworld has this thing called Discovery cove, I haven't tried it but you're supposed to be able to swim with dolphins, etc. I'm wondering if anyone else has done Discovery Cove and want to know how it is?

www.vaponymeet.com
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
knitgirl
Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony

Discovery Cove was fun. It's quite expensive so it's more of a do it once kind of thing. I wouldn't go again, but I'm glad i got to do it. I think it is still all-inclusive so the price includes lunch, snacks, drinks and use of snorkel gear. I'm not a good swimmer so I didn't get to enjoy it as much as I could have, but it makes for lots of nice photo ops.

StoryDreamer
Lil Cupcake Sister Pony

Florida in July can be walking out into a dry oven.

That is what the heat is like!

And while the fair will be inside, Disney and other things will not
be. It will be crowded and unbelievably long waits. I warn you.

If you're looking at going to Disney, I would look up
Online best times of day to go for certain things.

One year I hope the fair is in Chicago!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Pony Corral All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: