Overall: 12849

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 79
Bots: 2
Staff: 0
Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
Forums » Pony Talk » Pony Corral » ABC's toy drive raffle - NUMBERS DRAWN!!!!!
ABC's toy drive raffle - NUMBERS DRAWN!!!!!
General MLP info, Q&A
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index » Pony Corral
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookhuman
Arena Supporter
Arena Supporter

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: Tis the season - ABC's first annual Holiday Toy Drive RAFFLE

We just got back from our Toy Drive donations! We had planned to donate to the Marine's Toys for Tots, but when we went to both QT and TRU, the donation bins were totally full (which was awesome). We just donated cash to them instead as they were collecting at the intersections last weekend.

We decided to donate instead to our local Firehouse who was collecting toys for local school kids grades 1-6. The bin was totally empty when we showed up and we were able to fill the entire thing. My husband donated 250 Hot Wheels and I donated all the pony stuff. Smile

*EBAY AUCTIONS* *WANT LIST* *DA PAGE - CUSTOMS*
CrazyCatLady
Arena Supporter
Arena Supporter

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: Tis the season - ABC's first annual Holiday Toy Drive RA

I'll have to dig up my receipts, I just bought about $50 worth of clothes & probably about that much in toys for the JCPenney/Salvation Army Giving Tree.

The way you spend each day adds up to the way you spend your life.
lemontwist
Mommy & Baby Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: Tis the season - ABC's first annual Holiday Toy Drive RAFFLE

Well looks like I'll be in this year! I went to a Christmas community social dinner tonight and they had about a dozen tags hanging on a little tree for people to pick a child to donate toys to (secretly, they don't know who buys them and you don't know who you're buying for, but it's still to a specific kid for each person not like "dump toys in a bucket" kinda thing lol). I picked a little 5 year old girl and I think I'll buy her a pony as one of the gifts of course!

I found a $5 in my pocket as I was getting ready for the dinner and was like oh cool I found money! And then when I went to the event and was told about the "giving tree" with the tags, I figured I musta found that money for a reason! I'll probably spend more than that but it is still a good help haha.

So expect to see my official entry as soon as I buy the stuff and hand it over, lol!

ABrownCrayon
Dazzle Surprise

Holy Jeebus cook. lol. Sooo.. I said max was 100, mostly because I didn't think anyone would go that high, LOL. I'll change my first post to $200 max and count you at that, k?

Thanks for doing that and thank you for posting pictures - congrats on getting ticket numbers 1-40! If you win you can just keep your Chuck-e-Cheese baby, Poke Tounge

CrazyCatLady wrote:
I'll have to dig up my receipts, I just bought about $50 worth of clothes & probably about that much in toys for the JCPenney/Salvation Army Giving Tree.

awesome! I will be waiting for your picture my dear Happy

lemontwist wrote:
Well looks like I'll be in this year! I went to a Christmas community social dinner tonight and they had about a dozen tags hanging on a little tree for people to pick a child to donate toys to (secretly, they don't know who buys them and you don't know who you're buying for, but it's still to a specific kid for each person not like "dump toys in a bucket" kinda thing lol). I picked a little 5 year old girl and I think I'll buy her a pony as one of the gifts of course!

I found a $5 in my pocket as I was getting ready for the dinner and was like oh cool I found money! And then when I went to the event and was told about the "giving tree" with the tags, I figured I musta found that money for a reason! I'll probably spend more than that but it is still a good help haha.

So expect to see my official entry as soon as I buy the stuff and hand it over, lol!

Cool Smile Just try to get a picture of the receipt or the bucket, okay?

come on guys! It might feel like you have time but Christmas is quickly approaching!! Get those donations in and come back to me and get your raffle tickets!

Also more prizes coming, but I wanted to wait until I got more responses first!

Need some ponies? Click to see my FOR SALE page!
lemontwist
Mommy & Baby Pony

lol oh my goodness, 40 tickets! I think I know who's gonna win then hahaha.

And don't worry I'll definitely be taking pics of the donations I give ^^ I can't wait to go shopping for the little girl. I've never actually shopped for a kid before as far as I can think... Oh it's gonna be soooo fun!

ladybrooklyn
Dazzle Surprise

Woo! Finally... FINALLY (after two failed attempts to get my mother to remember to TAKE the box... O.o) got the toys off to my mom, for the Children of Deployed servicemen/women benefit next weekend!

Energetic Here are some the pics... Happy

I'll have to find the packingslips/receipts... but I know it was upwards of $50. Wink I'll update my post with that later tonight... as soon asI locate it all... Laugh

I'm also looking over my ponies, for a few to donate to this raffle. Wink Maybe everyone can come away with something fun! Happy

Want List (Updated 12/20) | Ebay Sales (Auctions ending 1/8) | Arena Sales (Updated 1/3)
ABrownCrayon
Dazzle Surprise

awesome! You've got $30 worth of ponies, I think those kre-os are the $7 or $8 size.. so if I'm right there is $45, and then $5 for the Big Bird? Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. And I have NO idea how much those GI Joes sell for.

You don't need the receipts since you have the picture of the box, I'll be fine taking your word on the prices Smile

Elfpony
Arena Supporter
Arena Supporter

I thought I'd post a picture to help us get into the spirit. My Roommate and I host a Holiday party every year and collect for the toy drive and food bank. Here's what we have for this year:

I'm not going to participate in the draw, I don't feel right about it since a lot of the toys we collected were donated by others, but I wanted to share. Smile

Elf

MyHatBarks
Rockin Beat Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: Tis the season - ABC's first annual Holiday Toy Drive RA

Here's my contribution. I know it's not much, but it's what I can do now. It still feels good to know that my small donation will make some little girl happy. Flirty Pony

The giving in this thread has been awesome, but I know there's more this community can give! Silly

Brush N Grow Pony

Great idea! Here's mine.

It's going to Toy Mountain in Ottawa, which serves the Salvation Army.
toymountain.ca/content/index.asp

My whole family decided that we have enough stuff, so we're only giving store bought stuff to the little kids this year. We're all picking a charity instead, so this worked out well.

Fashion Style Ponies are $16.99 here, and the carosel was $24.99. The lego was $34.97, the princess paint set was $5.99, the transformers were $5.99 and $4.99, and the 2 bionicals were $11 together.

The total was just over $120, but I can pm you receipt pics if you want.
Happy holidays everyone relaxed

Thank you LazyJenny and Sourdoughstomper for my sig!

My Sales and Trades/ My Want List
StoryDreamer
Lil Cupcake Sister Pony

I completely forgot to take a picture of me dropping off the stuff so I won't enter. But this is a great idea. Please do it next year! It was in a really crowded outlet mall food court and I just wanted to give in and get out before I was trampled!

We ended buying a five year old girl off the angel tree the following: A Barbie, 4 Barbie outfits, a box of crayons, MLP coloring book, 2 Dora books, a LPS kitty, and I threw in a packaged Feathermay. It makes me feel so good to know that she will hopefully have a better Christmas.

xkelpiex
Target Exclusive Winter Pony

I didn't get any pics of me actually donating as it was last minute when I went shopping, but I do have the receipt. Honestly, I didn't know if I could afford to do it this year, but then I decided to buy my family's christmas cards at the dollar store, instead, freeing me up about 20 bucks. I spent a while in the toy aisle and I found one of those fur real friend ducklings that I knew I would have loved as a kid and picked that up. Zellers, where I bought it was having a toy drive so I gave it them. I got a pic of the receipt, but if it doesn't count, that's okay cause I still feel happy about it!

I think next year, I'm going to set aside some money in september or so, so I can donate more!
Oh, and I didn't buy a pony because all they had were singles and you could only buy each child off the tree one gift, so I wanted it to be a little more exciting.
CrazyCatLady
Arena Supporter
Arena Supporter

I dropped off my stuff last week and forgot to take pictures. I think the only thing I have the receipt for is the clothes. Sad

The way you spend each day adds up to the way you spend your life.
ABrownCrayon
Dazzle Surprise

Finally able to catch up on this Smile Please continue to make donations as much as you can! For those of you who were unable to get pictures, I will not exclude you! Please just post totals for me and I will take your word for it Smile

Remember it is already December 16th, we have just about a week and a half before Christmas! Toys For Tots officially stops taking donations tomorrow, December 17th, but there are many other local charities that will accept until Christmas Eve. Please, if you can help a child in need, do what you can.

SwiftheartBabbit
Colorswirl Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: ABC's first annual Holiday Toy Drive RAFFLE (9 days left

Purchased:

And%20donated:

Total donation = $20. Two ponies at $5/each, book for $7.50, puzzle for $1.50. Thanks so much!! YAY!

*EDIT* Yeah, my math fails. Stupid Total donation = $19, but I will be out and about tomorrow, and plan to donate something, somewhere, be it another toy or some food. Will post more pics after I do! Xmas

Last edited by SwiftheartBabbit on 0; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Pony Corral All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: