Overall: 12849

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 37
Bots: 0
Staff: 0
Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
Forums » Pony Talk » Off Topic » Attention all Sock/Card Swap Participants!
Attention all Sock/Card Swap Participants!
Life Outside Ponyland...
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index » Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrazyCatLady
Arena Supporter
Arena Supporter

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Attention all Sock/Card Swap Participants!

I start this thread every year so all the Holiday Swap people can get to know each other a little better, and I thought it would be nice to start one for the Sock/Card Swap people. That way you can personalize your swap packages, and not have to wade through all the pages of the other thread. I'm not really sure if it's needed for the card swap, since we're only sending cards, but better safe than sorry.

So here are some questions (along with my answers), just respond with your answers and anything else you think we need to know.

Please only make one post, if you think of something else just edit your original post, don't add another.

Favorite Colors? Purple, turquoise, blue, green, silver. I hate earth tones, red or yellow.

Favorite animal or pony? Kitties (of course!), hamsters, mice. Actually any small furry creature.

Favorite candy or snack? Any alleregies? I'm on a low carb diet, so I'm not eating much candy. A little dark chocolate is nice. I also drink a lot of flavored hot tea.

Do you have kids? What are their ages? How about pets? A 21 year old son with no interest in ponies, and 2 spoiled cats-Baby and Ms.PIB (short for pain-in-the-butt). Her real name is Freckles.

Do you like jewelry, hair things, or handmade items? Not really, although I would never turn down a custom pony or LPS!

Do you like candles or scented lotions/creams? Favorite scents? Any scents you just can't stand? I'm sort of picky about smells, nothing floral please except B&BW Rain Kissed Leaves. I like pumpkin, gingerbread, peppermint, apple, cinnamon.

Other tidbits of information? I also collect little elephants with their trunks up (a raised trunk is good luck!). I also love Snoopy & Woodstock, Winnie the Pooh and anything with song birds, dragonflies or fairies. I?m always looking for cat or pony stickers to put on packages that I mail out. I crochet, do crafts, and read constantly.

Your winter holiday? Not sure if this really matters this year since the shipping deadline is after the holidays. I celebrate Christmas-Either the religous Madonna and child version or Santa, as long as it's over the top, lit up, wrapped up Christmas!

I hope everybody has a blast this year with all the swaps this year!

[sticky Nov 29, good thread not to lose ~Kiwi]

The way you spend each day adds up to the way you spend your life.
kaoskat
Off Topic Mod

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: Attention all Sock/Card Swap Participants!

Favorite Colors? Pink, sky blue, & silver

Favorite animal or pony? Hamsters, Guinea Pigs, wolves. Bowtie & Baby CC

Favorite candy or snack? Any alleregies? hot cocoa, candy canes, dark chocolate. Not significant enough to matter.

Do you have kids? What are their ages? How about pets? No kids. Lots of pets, but lets just go with 4 dogs.

Do you like jewelry, hair things, or handmade items? Yup to all!

Do you like candles or scented lotions/creams? Favorite scents? Yup! I like water scents, tropical scents, strawberry, pumpkin spice, clean linen, peppermint, pine, cherry blossom.

Other tidbits of information? I collect Pullips (and the like), Guinea Pigs, & hamsters.

Your winter holiday? Christmas.

Baby CC's Adventureskaoskat's CustomsCommissions & custom trades closed!
Dee_Kary
Target Exclusive Winter Pony

Favorite Colors?Pink, turquoise blue, white, red, purple Smile

Favorite animal or pony? Cats! Happy As for ponies, I really like Princess Celestia, Rarity and DJ-Pon3 :).

Favorite candy or snack? Any allergies?
Sweet, tangy candy like Sweet Tarts, Life Savers or Skittles. I also love milk chocolate, by itself or with minty flavors. Seasonal cookies like Christmas Oreos and seasonal candies like peppermint candy canes are good too.

Do you have kids? What are their ages? How about pets?
No kids yet ^^ and I don't have any pets, but my boyfriend has a cat that I love as my own Smile

Do you like candles or scented lotions/creams? Favorite scents? Any scents you just can't stand? I don't really have much use for candles except when there's a blackout Poke Tounge but I will appreciate a good moisturizing cream since my hands get too dry during winter. My favorite scents are gardenia flower, citrus scents like orange, flowery pot-pourri, vanilla, strawberry and fresh forest or ocean-like scents. I can't stand cinnamon or peppermint scented stuff for some reason >_< and I don't like watermelon either.

Other tidbits of information? I'm a customizer, so craft items are always welcome! I also like Hello Kitty items or cat-related anything xD. I also do beadworking, so any charms or beads are good too.

Do you like jewelry, hair things, or handmade items? I love jewelry :D. I haven't had any time to design new stuff for myself, so a little help will be welcome ^^. Pony customs are definitely welcome too! YAY!

Your winter holiday? Christmas Smile but I'm also a big believer in Angels, so anything related to Angels is well-received!

Thanks to Rainbowjuice and SourdoughStomper for the sigs, and MonstarNomNom for the avie!
My deviantart: click / PM me for info on customs and custom trades ^^ .
Talismarr
Rapunzel Pony

Favorite Colors? Purple, blue, silver.

Favorite animal or pony? Cats!! Also horses, dragons, and birds. Favorite ponies are Coco Berry and Hula Hula!

Favorite candy or snack? Any alleregies? I like hard and gummy candies, fruity flavours! Also Wonka candy, and Christmassy candy like candy canes, mint chocolates, chocolate oranges. Not sure if it is relevant but I loooove rice crispy squares!! Oh, and no alergies Smile

Do you have kids? What are their ages? How about pets? I have two step-daughters, ages 5 and 8! Sadly, no pets, but the girls have a few farm cats at their Dad's (my fiance's) house!

Do you like jewelry, hair things, or handmade items? I love handmade things!! I don't wear much jewelry or hair things, but when I do I stick to necklaces and flower or feather clips for my hair Smile (I'm really into feathery hair clips right now actually!!)

Do you like candles or scented lotions/creams? Favorite scents? Any scents you just can't stand? I do like candles and lotions, but nothing too strongly scented please, it gives me headaches! Also no cinnamon, green apple or watermelon scents Poke Tounge Right now, my favorite lotion scent is Paris Amour from Bath & Body Works ^_^

Other tidbits of information? Hmm... I love knick knacky things, plush, country music, stationary things like stickers and post it notes... little notebooks and what not.

Your winter holiday? Christmas. Both religious and non-religious. I also like Christmasy themed things like angels, snowmen, reindeer, penguins, cats in christmas hats etc etc... Smile

Talismarr on Deviant Art | Adoptees | Persona Pony

Last edited by Talismarr on 0; edited 1 time in total
wiccanpony1
Twinkle Eye Pony

Favorite Colors? Purple,pink,silver,black

Favorite animal or pony? bats,wolves,orcas and owls:)

Favorite candy or snack? Any alleregies? I like white chocolate,jelly(gummy)sweets,and chirstmas sweets. NO allergies x

Do you have kids? What are their ages? How about pets? I have a 9 year old daughter and 1 cat:)

Do you like jewelry, hair things, or handmade items? I like jewellery and adore handmade items:)

Do you like candles or scented lotions/creams? Favorite scents? Any scents you just can't stand? I love candles but no body lotions.my fav sents are-cinnamon-spiced apple-watermelon i do not like floral scents x

Other tidbits of information? I like steampunk items and lego,i collect anything related to buffy the vampire slayer:) I read loads and i make custom ponies x x

Your winter holiday? Christmas tree,lights,snowmen the lots:) I also celebrate the winter solstice.

Thanks to dippindot,dotdotdot for avatar&sig Thanks to fiwen30 and UnicornTamer for design and name of my persona x
PonyMonsters
MOC Swirly Whirly

Favorite Colors? Pastels - pink, purple, blue, aqua

⁠ Favorite animal or pony? Cats, hamsters, bunnies, anything fluffy!

⁠ Favorite candy or snack? Any alleregies? No allergies, I like pretty much everything - but I can't eat Haribo Tangfastics Sad

⁠ Do you have kids? What are their ages? How about pets? No kiddies, but 4 cats, 2 bunnies and a chubby little hamster! And a wife lol

⁠ Do you like jewelry, hair things, or handmade items? Yes, I love jewellery, any accessories and anything handmade Smile

⁠ Do you like candles or scented lotions/creams? Favorite scents? Any scents you just can't stand? I don't like really strong floral scents except honeysuckle - anything else is good!

⁠ Other tidbits of information? I love Disney, crafts, art, customising, baking, music and animals Smile

⁠ Your winter holiday? Christmas Happy I love anything festive!

RIP my beautiful cat Sophie - 1995-2011 - sleep well sweetheart xxx

*Thanks to Clecleme for baby Flossy and Snuzzle!*
xeevee
Rapunzel Pony

I am just in the card swap, so I don't know how useful any of this is going to be, but anyways...

Favorite Colors? Purple and silver

Favorite animal or pony? Horses, Sun Bears, Red Panda and Apple Jack, Twinkler and Rainbow Dash

Do you have kids? What are their ages? How about pets? 2 kids, a 6y/o boy and a 2 y/o girl. I also have 2 dogs

Other tidbits of information? Nothing I can think of that will be relevant to a greeting card... I am trying to teach my son about how other people celebrate these holidays, so if you could include some info about how you do so I could read it to him, I'd be very appreciative. But it's totally not necessary.

Your winter holiday? Christmas, but in a totally non-religious way. That doesn't mean you can't send me religious cards however, like I said above, trying to teach my son about people's differences.

G1's I own / G3's I own/wanted
BethyVic
Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm

Favorite Colors? Pink is my favorite , but I love rainbows too

Favorite animal or pony? Cats, but I like all animals except bugs. I love Sherbet, Peppermint Crunch and Starflash-had them as kids. I love the Berrytown, Meadowsweet and Sunbright families. I love all the G4’s!

Favorite candy or snack? Fruity candy, See’s Apple Pie Truffles, stuff without nuts, Jellied fruit slice candy is a favorite

Any allergies? No, although I am not a fan of smoke

Do you have kids? No

How about pets? None

Do you like jewelry, hair things, or handmade items? I don’t wear a lot of jewelry or hair things. I like anything MLP related. I also like Hello Kitty, Rainbow Brite and Cherry Merry Muffin paraphernalia and anything related to them and peace signs. I am not incredibly artsy, so I always appreciate people who are and the great stuff they make

Do you like candles or scented lotions/creams? Favorite scents? I wear CK One but I have plenty of that, but I am not a big lotion person and I don’t burn candles (past problems)  I like coconut, lime, pineapple, and lemon scented things.

Other tidbits of information? I love fruit theme décor, especially citrus, I love Paul McCartney and the Beatles, anything with Peace signs, anything shiny or glittery. I love stickers, nail files, fuzzy socks, girly stuff. I am so happy and excited to be in this swap that nothing will disappoint me! Just getting surprises in the mail is a treat for me!

Your winter holiday? Christmas in a secular way, so things like snowflakes, holly, festive décor. Not into Jesus or crosses or angels really.

Thanks to Inuyasha23 for my sleeping baby!! Thanks to Spotted Slug for my avatar!
*Looking for MOC Starflash and her comb loose, MOC Peppermint Crunch and MOC Sky Rocket (sparkle) all US versions*
rayechu
Lil Cupcake Sister Pony

Favorite Colors? blue, light green, white

Favorite animal or pony? Kitties, ponies, big cats

Favorite candy or snack? Any alleregies? No allergies. I <3 chocolate but dislike licorice and cinnamon candies. Forrero Rocher are love.

Do you have kids? What are their ages? How about pets? No kids, but I have 2 kitties, Odette & Siegfried

Do you like jewelry, hair things, or handmade items? Handmade items def! Especially xmas ornaments. hair things just fall out of my head.

Do you like candles or scented lotions/creams? Favorite scents? I am not very good at scents. A lot of department store stuff makes me sick. I do like BPAL three witches though

Other tidbits of information? I'm a reader, I work at a school, I have a blog, and I like to do traditional at.

Your winter holiday? Christmas, christmas christmas. Birds, deer, rudolph, snow icicles, it's all good :3

G3 Prototype Pony

Favorite Colors? gothic colours red purple dark blue black

Favorite animal or pony? cats horses and ponies

Favorite candy or snack? Any alleregies? no and love chocs with soft centres

Do you have kids? What are their ages? no !

Do you like jewelry, hair things, or handmade items? like hand made stuff

Do you like candles or scented lotions/creams? Favorite scents? not really
a fan !
Other tidbits of information? i like doing painting and drawing

Your winter holiday? not religious at all but no tree this year so might get dream castle out and decorate that instead

Kiwi
Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
Hippity Hoppity Site Admin

Thanks for doing this again CCL Happy These threads are always so handy!

~ Squeewi ~
Kiwi ref sheet
Alexia
Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm

Favorite Colors? Periwinkle & Lilac, but all shades of blue and purple are great. I really dislike Pink though

Favorite animal or pony? Armadillo

Favorite candy or snack? Any alleregies? I prefer salty over sweet, home made chex mix is a favorite treat, i love dill pickle flavor and green olives. For sweets, I prefer fruity flavors and carmel. I also like hot cider and hot tea. NO chocolate please.

Do you have kids? What are their ages? How about pets? No kids, just a hubby & a cat, Valerie (she prefers flannel catnip toys, no treats please) and a doberman, Niko (he is a big dog so no small toys please, he does love squeaky toys though, no Greenies or rawhides please they make him sick)

Do you like jewelry, hair things, or handmade items? I wear pierced earrings and necklaces (nothing too blingie though), I have pretty long hair but it doesn't cooperate well, I do love those hair sticks though (like chopsticks for your hair). I love handmade items!

Do you like candles or scented lotions/creams? Favorite scents? I try not to use candles much with a cat and 80 lb dog running around, but I just got into Sentsy. Lotions and creams are good too, I always have dry hands. I prefer light, clean scents, nothing overly floral or strong. Please make sure that there is nothing with eucalyptus oil in it, I am severly allergic.

Other tidbits of information? I love to read, its one of my favorite pass times! I also really enjoy music (honestly I would love a mix cd you create). I also enjoy arts and crafts, one I do a lot is Scherenschnitte, a form of paper cutting and I am always looking for new patterns.

Your winter holiday? I celebrate christmas, both christian and santa, but I prefer the christian music. half my house is decorated in red and green (with precious moments angels) and the other half is blue and silver

Milky
Colorswirl Pony

I'm in the card swap, soooo... Smile

Favorite Colors? Hot Pink, Purple, Black, Silver Smile

Favorite animal or pony? Panda, my fave pony is Bubbles

Favorite candy or snack? Hot Tamales, Hershey's Chocolate, & Doritos Smile

Do you have kids? Nope!

How about pets? Yup! I have 1 cat named Kitkat & 2 dogs, a chihuahua named Rocky, & a Rottie named Kujo.

Do you like jewelry, hair things, or handmade items? I *love* handmade jewelry! Happy

Do you like candles or scented lotions/creams? Favorite scents? Any scents you just can't stand? I love candles...vanilla is alwayz a fave Smile

Other tidbits of information? I collect troll dolls & Smurfs as well, plus I'm obsessed w/books about serial killers. I freak myself out & can't sleep @ night for days, but ohhh...the creepy creepy killers are such a good read.

Your winter holiday? Christmas! I adore Santa & his lovely reindeer more than I should! Wink

Hindsight
Arena Supporter
Arena Supporter

Favorite Colors?
*Purple, black, silver & red

Favorite animal or pony?
*My favorite horse would be paints & apps.
Other animales would be cats/kittens & snakes

Favorite candy or snack? Any alleregies?
*No alleregies at all & I love dark chocolate & coffee.

Do you have kids? What are their ages? How about pets?
*I have a 14yr old step son.
*Pets: 2 dogs, Tori is 11yrs old & Vader is 10yrs old. We also have two kittens, Loki & Suki they are brother & sister & they about 9 months old.

Do you like jewelry, hair things, or handmade items?
*I love handmade things. I have ear rings but my holes are larger then most. I love necklaces, bracelets & anklets.

Do you like candles or scented lotions/creams? Favorite scents?
*LOVE Candles. Durring this time I go with the smell of Pine, Pumpkin Pie, cookies. I love the musk smells as well.

Other tidbits of information?
*I love dragons. I collect comics & anime as well. I'm more of a Marvel reader then a DC but do read both. I LOVE Music our music collection is huge! Metal is my fav but rock out to lots of different stuff.

Sales/Wantlist/customs/commissions closed
Thanks MariD(avtr) & YLH(siggy)
BabySunnybunch
Dazzle Surprise

This is just cross posted from the Holiday Swap, so it's filled with TONS of info that might not be so useful to my card swap partners.

Favorite Colors? I don't really have specific favorite colors (although I'm not a huge fan of orange). I suppose I like Blues, Purples, Greens, Reds, Yellows, Silver/Grey... I know that's like every color except orange! Just fun colors Smile

Favorite animal or pony? I really don't like wolves! I have a Jack Russell who is the most awesome dog in the world! And I totally flip flop about my favorite pony! Two of my favs right off the top of my head are Baby Stripes and Baby Starflower. But there are definitely others. I love all ponies!

Favorite candy or snack? Any allergies? I'm a vegetarian, so no gelatin please! You'll find gelatin in most gummy/marshmallow candies, so it's usually a good idea to stay away from any gummy candy. I don't like pineapple, sour/hot candy, or peanut butter and chocolate mixed, but I LOVE milk chocolate stuff and popcorn. Other than that, candy is candy Smile

Do you have kids? What are their ages? How about pets? No children (for reference, I'm 23), but I do have a Jack Russell named Paisley who I'm obsessed with!!

Do you like candles or scented lotions/creams? Favorite scents? Any scents you just can't stand? I do love nice smelling things. Not a fan of strong perfumey smells, patchouli, or floral smells. I love fresh and sweet/gourmand smells. Fresh like citrus or cucumber melon and sweet like cupcakes and vanilla.

Other tidbits of information? I LOVE nail polish. Definitely a nail polish addict. I also love anything cupcake related, whether it's something with cupcakes on it, or something related to baking cupcakes. And like I said, I'm obsessed with my Jack Russell!

Do you like jewelry, hair things, or handmade items? I'm not skilled enough to do very much with my hair, but I love jewelry and handmade things are always wonderful!! (Keep in mind that if you make bracelets or something, I have TINY wrists)

Your winter holiday? I celebrate Christmas, but I certainly am not offended by other holidays! But I do love winter things moreso than Christmas things if that makes sense? I love more winter themed things like snowflakes or as opposed to things like Santa (if that makes sense!). But definitely pretty snowflakes are my favorite thing about this whole season and holiday!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: