Overall: 12849

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 19
Bots: 2
Staff: 0
Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
Forums » TCB » Trader & Classifieds Support » WARNING: SCAMMER ALERT! :scottishdeerhound1234 + balison123
WARNING: SCAMMER ALERT! :scottishdeerhound1234 + balison123
Help with your Trades, Sales, and Auctions, including ebay
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index » Trader & Classifieds Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RockinPrettyBeats
Mommy & Baby Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: WARNING: SCAMMER ALERT! :scottishdeerhound1234 + balison123

emery wrote:
ButtercreamDream wrote:
BTW, what's to stop people from doing the same thing to her that she did to them to get their ponies back?

It would be nice to give her a taste of her own medicine, but would you really want to become a scammer yourself? Tempting I know, just to stick it to her but I think it would backfire in the end. In the years since she ripped everyone off I think that Paypal seller protection has changed as someone did this exact same thing to me over a pair of jeans I sold (Miss Me brand so not cheap). The day after the delivery confirmation showed that they had arrived she whipped out a chargeback on her credit card. BUT since I did have delivery confirmation and proof that it was sent and delivered they did award me the money and went after her through the credit card company instead for mail fraud.

Wow, great story! When did this jean scam happen?

mlparena.com/Forums/vi...64714.html

PM me if interested!
emery
Dr. Quinn, Medicine Pony
Dr. Quinn, Medicine Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: WARNING: SCAMMER ALERT! :scottishdeerhound1234 + balison123

RockinPrettyBeats wrote:
emery wrote:
ButtercreamDream wrote:
BTW, what's to stop people from doing the same thing to her that she did to them to get their ponies back?

It would be nice to give her a taste of her own medicine, but would you really want to become a scammer yourself? Tempting I know, just to stick it to her but I think it would backfire in the end. In the years since she ripped everyone off I think that Paypal seller protection has changed as someone did this exact same thing to me over a pair of jeans I sold (Miss Me brand so not cheap). The day after the delivery confirmation showed that they had arrived she whipped out a chargeback on her credit card. BUT since I did have delivery confirmation and proof that it was sent and delivered they did award me the money and went after her through the credit card company instead for mail fraud.

Wow, great story! When did this jean scam happen?

This was back in April. I posted about it on here if you want to read the details: mlparena.com/Forums/vi...61277.html

MLP & 80's toys for sale or trade
my wantlist

"Like" my store on Facebook to see when new items are added!
rustyRAINBOW
Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony

i just asked balison about shipping on the last unicorn plush she has, and was so close to bidding when i saw this. something about all those rare ponies and a zero feedback account.
i'm super bummed because i really wanted that plush ;(

mlp4me
Nanu-nanu Orkan Pony

Ah, crud. I just bid on an auction that this seller has and then I found this thread... I hope someone outbids me... there's 4 hours left... is there a way to retract bids after you have won?

Edit:
Now I remember why I stopped buying on ebay 9 years ago! Ugh. At least I figured out how to retract a bid. Now I need to figure out how to close my ebay account completely...

Collection
Wants Sales
Wanted: Soft Sleepy Newborn Hushabye
Kazzellin
Rapunzel Pony

Of *course* she has a pony I'm interested in. Given all I'm hearing about her ponies, that kinda surprises me.

From her listings, she's selling all her ponies. O_o Maybe she's washing her hands of them? *head tilt*

Edit: Aw, look - ebay wants buyers' opinions on how to make ebay a better place... Whoa

Edit 2: Pft. That was kinda pointless. Not much to that little survey of theirs, is there? awake

mercynova
NSS Buttons

What a freak! Surprised I've not heard about her before... Thanks for the advise though everyone! Definitely keeping well clear!

Currently seeking: MIB First Tooth Baby Quackers
mlp4me
Nanu-nanu Orkan Pony

Ebay has survey's on how to make it a better place?
If there's an actual contact/forum or something where we could all leave feedback reguarding certain sellers (that would get read by someone with ebay that actually cares) I'd be more than happy to give my 2 cents if it means this seller is unable to rip-off any more collectors!

Collection
Wants Sales
Wanted: Soft Sleepy Newborn Hushabye
rebeccajeeper
Rainbow Curl Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: WARNING: SCAMMER ALERT! :scottishdeerhound1234 + baliso

Wow! I almost bid on a couple of these auctions as well, but was nervous over the lack of feedback and that they just seemed a little odd to me....
Did anyone here bid on these ponies? Like the 2 Mimics or that lot that went for over $400.00? I am just curious to know if the buyer has actually received them?
Thanks for the warning-this is something I really value about the Arena!!

Brush N Grow Pony

emery wrote:
ButtercreamDream wrote:

Just for the record, I wouldn't ever consider it. I was just thinking that, if I were her, I would expect someone to do the same thing to me to get back their stolen ponies. She's only shipping to the USA though, and I know that makes a difference. It must feel like a punch in the gut to have your pony stolen, and then have it show up for sale on ebay. Whoa

Thank you LazyJenny and Sourdoughstomper for my sig!

My Sales and Trades/ My Want List
RockinPrettyBeats
Mommy & Baby Pony

Any updates?

PM me if interested!
Rachel-Eyes
Twinkle Eye Pony

So I was looking for Merry Treat on eBay, not really to buy necessarily, just to judge how much she usually goes for. I scroll down and see her paired up with the stocking baby for only $10. I knew it had to be too good to be true.

In the picture, they look fine except Merry's hair was a little frizzy but the description simply said "like new." That's when I noticed that the seller was scottishdeerhound1234 and I remembered this thread and clicked the little red x in the corner.

Just wanted to say thanks. This thread might have just saved me ten bucks.

emery
Dr. Quinn, Medicine Pony
Dr. Quinn, Medicine Pony

balison123 already has 1 negative feedback:

feedback.ebay.com/ws/e...world=true

MLP & 80's toys for sale or trade
my wantlist

"Like" my store on Facebook to see when new items are added!
Behemoth
I AM THE TABLE

Location: hiding behind the display cases to the right!! (lol MW3 refrence) NB, Long Island

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: WARNING: SCAMMER ALERT! :scottishdeerhound1234 + baliso

emery wrote:
balison123 already has 1 negative feedback:

feedback.ebay.com/ws/e...world=true
this does not surprise me. I knew there was no way she could have changed just like that.

RockinPrettyBeats
Mommy & Baby Pony

I thought there were quite a few people that purchased from her...Just curious if all the deals went through?

PM me if interested!
Tiggums6
Arena Supporter
Arena Supporter

If you stick a hat on her and photoshop a wart on her nose she looks like that nasty witch in the MLP cartoon. How cute. Actually, photoshopping is probably unnecessary Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Trader & Classifieds Support All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: