Overall: 12849

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 59
Bots: 2
Staff: 0
Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
Forums » TCB » Trader & Classifieds Support » WARNING: SCAMMER ALERT! :scottishdeerhound1234 + balison123
WARNING: SCAMMER ALERT! :scottishdeerhound1234 + balison123
Help with your Trades, Sales, and Auctions, including ebay
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index » Trader & Classifieds Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oneleo1
Naughty Monkey Corral Mod

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: WARNING: Confirmed Scammer Alert!!

E-bay does not encourage selling under multiple ID's, but yes, they do allow it.

*** Want List *** My Trade/Sale Page *** Rehairs & Deflock Services available. PM me for details Smile
emery
Dr. Quinn, Medicine Pony
Dr. Quinn, Medicine Pony

Glacia471 wrote:
Should a link to this thread be posted in the Corral where more people visit? Confused There's a lot of money in the ponies she's trying to sell, and this has disaster written all over it Drunk

That's what I asked on page 3. I think it would be a good idea. Sure not everyone is on the Arena but it would be good to head off trouble for the people who are that don't visit or even know about the TS forum instead of seeing a bunch of people making posts here in a few weeks when things blow up.

I posted a link to this thread on Facebook but there's only a few hundred pony fans that are members of the group there.

MLP & 80's toys for sale or trade
my wantlist

"Like" my store on Facebook to see when new items are added!
RockinPrettyBeats
Mommy & Baby Pony

Oneleo1 wrote:
E-bay does not encourage selling under multiple ID's, but yes, they do allow it.

What do you mean by "They don't encourage it?" That makes it sound like it's a shady business but people are still allowed to do it.

Just for the record, many of the sellers on Ebay that have 1000s and 1000s of feedback are the ones that have multiple ids. It's usually because the categories of items are so different it's stupid to sell them on the the same id.

And also for the record, Ebay treats the multiple ids as separate until there is a problem. If you get banned on one id you will get banned all of them. Same deal with any restrictions etc.

You can literally have an unlimited amount of ids on Ebay as long as you are in good standing.

mlparena.com/Forums/vi...64714.html

PM me if interested!
Stormy31685
Mommy & Baby Pony

RockinPrettyBeats wrote:
Oneleo1 wrote:

What do you mean by "They don't encourage it?" That makes it sound like it's a shady business but people are still allowed to do it.

Just for the record, many of the sellers on Ebay that have 1000s and 1000s of feedback are the ones that have multiple ids. It's usually because the categories of items are so different it's stupid to sell them on the the same id.

And also for the record, Ebay treats the multiple ids as separate until there is a problem. If you get banned on one id you will get banned all of them. Same deal with any restrictions etc.

You can literally have an unlimited amount of ids on Ebay as long as you are in good standing.

To add to this, many business owners like to keep their businesses separate for marketing and legal reasons.

For example, if I were to start a business selling car parts, I would absolutely open a new eBay store with a different ID because I would not want my complete credibility to my new market to rest with My Little Pony sales. They're worlds apart. My car part buyers would likely expect glitter and pink packaging, and they might not buy from me.

As for liability reasons, many business owners keep their business entities separate so one is not affected by the other. If I had both the car parts business and a pony selling business, I would not want a disgruntled car parts buyer to sue my company and have the pony business' earnings be liable because the two companies are under one name. And the same goes the other way around.

emery
Dr. Quinn, Medicine Pony
Dr. Quinn, Medicine Pony

Stormy31685 wrote:
RockinPrettyBeats wrote:
Oneleo1 wrote:

To add to this, many business owners like to keep their businesses separate for marketing and legal reasons.

For example, if I were to start a business selling car parts, I would absolutely open a new eBay store with a different ID because I would not want my complete credibility to my new market to rest with My Little Pony sales. They're worlds apart. My car part buyers would likely expect glitter and pink packaging, and they might not buy from me.

As for liability reasons, many business owners keep their business entities separate so one is not affected by the other. If I had both the car parts business and a pony selling business, I would not want a disgruntled car parts buyer to sue my company and have the pony business' earnings be liable because the two companies are under one name. And the same goes the other way around.

That's exactly what the eBay policy is and that makes perfect sense to keep different types of business separated and be able to tailor each account to the type of buyers you'll be dealing with.

pages.ebay.com/help/po...ounts.html

MLP & 80's toys for sale or trade
my wantlist

"Like" my store on Facebook to see when new items are added!
Behemoth
I AM THE TABLE

Location: hiding behind the display cases to the right!! (lol MW3 refrence) NB, Long Island

whitewolfsong wrote:
I DON'T APPRECIATE ALL THE <snip> THAT IS BEING SAID ABOUT ME ON HERE. ESPECIALLY SHOWING THE MUG SHOT THATS PRIVATE.
hahahahaha, so pathetic.
and NOTHING on the web is private. NO-THING. Throws Fakie

and i do also agree that this should be stickied, this is a serious situation here. lets hope that she gets kicked off ebay soon, it would be terrible for more and more people to fall for her blatant scams.... i hope i used "blatant" correctly in that sentence, lol

Whellu
So Soft Pony

emery wrote:
That's exactly what the eBay policy is and that makes perfect sense to keep different types of business separated and be able to tailor each account to the type of buyers you'll be dealing with.

pages.ebay.com/help/po...ounts.html

I have to agree, it does make a lot of sense to me now. I'm not sure why I assumed having two accounts would be against their TOU policy... probably because in the instance of Brooke, she was using two different accounts to sell the same type of products and made multiple listings for the same items.

Stormy31685's example of the car parts and ponies was perfect, tho, and I can see why it's acceptable in order for sellers to reach multiple demographics.

I definitely have more experience on eBay as a buyer than as a seller Embarassed

MisfitPony wrote:
whitewolfsong wrote:
I DON'T APPRECIATE ALL THE <snip> THAT IS BEING SAID ABOUT ME ON HERE. ESPECIALLY SHOWING THE MUG SHOT THATS PRIVATE.
hahahahaha, so pathetic.
and NOTHING on the web is private. NO-THING. Throws Fakie

LOL I know right? xD
Babushka
Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony

This just breaks my heart. So many issues with this - where to begin!

I second the thought to sticky this; I am glad I check this forum often as I am currently searching for swap ponies.

Always on the lookout for G1 TE Bright Eyes or G1 TAF Night Glider - Any Condition!
My Trades / My Sales / My Wish List
dollhands
Dazzle Surprise

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: WARNING: SCAMMER ALERT! :scottishdeerhound1234 + balison123

I saw those auctions before seeing this thread, and I had a sneaking suspicion they were too good to be true. Sad

Can't believe she is still trying to scam people! Enraged

Ringlets
Trader Support Mod

Location: Silverbells Manor UK...there's always room for more ponies!!

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: WARNING: SCAMMER ALERT! :scottishdeerhound1234 + balison123

Just letting you guys know that ebay will take it seriously if enough of us report concerns about this seller, especially about her listing the same items at the same time under her multiple ID's. awake If you are worried about getting scammed, and you would like to report this matter to ebay, then feel free to do so. I would hate to hear of anyone else getting scammed by this person Sad

heart Wanted* ILuvTheArenaBrag3*Brag/picfic4 Yay!Brag/picfic5 For sale heart
glittery heart Smile I'm Ringlets, Trader Support Moderator Smile heart glittery
Eternia
Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm

omg!!!! I was about to bid...so glad I did a google search on her ><
I sent her a question via ebay asking about shipping and such, she said she includes a tracking number.
I am so not buying anything from her!!! eeegads. I am always weary of 0 feedback, but this is crazy!
I'm really bummed, she had perfect ponies for my swap partner Sad

missbonbon
Sweet Kisses Pony

I noticed this morning now all of her auctions have been cancelled and even ones I won have been deleted. I did get a tracking number from her for my package but do I need to anything more? I"m glad she can't scam anyone else but I have never been in a situation like this

Mommy & Baby Pony

missbonbon wrote:
I noticed this morning now all of her auctions have been cancelled and even ones I won have been deleted. I did get a tracking number from her for my package but do I need to anything more? I"m glad she can't scam anyone else but I have never been in a situation like this

It sounds like multiple people reported her. I could be wrong though...

It's possible Ebay caught something weird going on?

mlparena.com/Forums/vi...64714.html

PM me if interested!
PaintKitty
Lil Cupcake Sister Pony

If anyone bought this lot and Baby Gusty has pink on her display side, then she's the pony Brook stole from me. She bought her for $50 then claimed through Visa it was an unauthorised transaction... With or without tracking, I would have never been able to claim my money back. Sad

--Danielle
Leegeta
Firefighter Chick

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: WARNING: SCAMMER ALERT! :scottishdeerhound1234 + baliso

Wow, i'm glad i checked this thread out, i was about to bid on one of her auctions and i noticed it wasn't there today. It's such a shame too cause i really did want her, but not for the price she was asking for.

Leegeta's Collection
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Trader & Classifieds Support All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: