Bots: 2
Staff: 0
Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
Forums » TCB » Trader & Classifieds Support » klinton *UPDATE*
klinton *UPDATE*
Help with your Trades, Sales, and Auctions, including ebay
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index » Trader & Classifieds Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crimsondeity
Lil Cupcake Sister Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: klinton *UPDATE*

Update* I posted about this about three months ago here...

Unfortunately, although he's been in contact with me over the last few months, I still have yet to see even a dime of the money he owes. I let the conversation drop here, since he had gotten in touch with me; he had given me a reasonable and detailed explanation for why he hadn't payed then, and we were working things out.

There was a point where he claimed to have payed, but apparently sent it as a "gift" to another person in his PP by accident. He's also made several comments on "hitting the bank" to get it taken care. Nothing. He also claims to have picked up a doll for me, which he apparently hasn't shipped yet.

However, he has had the funds to go out and finish up his own MH collection, including a Toralei last weekend, finishing up his MLP:FiM collection, as well as get things for his other collections.

I am seriously enraged right now. Initially I had been more worried and hurt that things were going the way they were. Now, only anger. Especially since I feel he's been lying to me and making me look stupider in the process. To make matters worse, money has never been tighter for me than it has in the last couple of months. Which he's aware of. Not that getting cheated out of funds is ever fun, or okay; but knowing how hard up I am at the moment should have lit a fire under his ass on getting it taken care of, as opposed to going out and buying himself things.

Has anyone heard from klinton lately? He stills owes me a chunk of change for SDCC Ghoulia. Unfortunately, I sent her out before receiving payment, based on the fact that he's a long-time member in good standing. Also, he and I chat outside of the forums.

She was sent out on August 3rd and he received her on the 9th. He said he'd pay on the 12th. On the 14th, I sent another reminder. He said he'd get it taken care of. On the 20th, I sent another message, asking where my payment was. He admitted to having forgotten/overspent, but that he'd send me the payment first thing on the 26th. I sent him a reminder late in the day, and another, more strongly worded message yesterday afternoon. I have yet to hear from him.

I really didn't want to have to come here, but between not sending the money when promised and the lax communication, I don't feel I have any other option. It's particularly vexing because I consider him a friend.

I'm not sure if he doesn't have access to FB currently, or if he's just ignoring me at this point- but if someone has a way of getting in touch with him, I'd greatly appreciate it.

*UPDATE* klinton has been in touch with me, and we are working out payment.

Last edited by crimsondeity on 0; edited 2 times in total
kCherry
Moogleworks Mod Sales/Trades & Support

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: klinton

I can definitely understand how you would be ill with him, especially considering him not just a fellow pony collector, but a friend. I also don't think anyone would think badly of you for posting the issue here since he has stopped communicating with you; what else are you supposed to do? Hopefully there is a good reason for his sudden lack of response to your messages.
For my part, I'm afraid I can't help you with any other means of getting in touch with him. Hopefully someone will have some news or a way to contact him and post here soon. Do let us know how you get on!

rustyRAINBOW
Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: klinton

i'm so sorry that this has happened to you, but the only consolation i can offer is that planetary alignment right now has EVERYONE in this really strange headspace - i've been experiencing this in my personal life, and hopefully he realigns himself and contacts you.
it's so disappointing when things like this happen.

my bright blessings to you.

crimsondeity
Lil Cupcake Sister Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: klinton *UPDATE*

Unfortunately, although klinton had contacted me, and promised to pay by September 9th, he has not yet made good on his word.

I have left appropriate feedback, and cross-posted to a couple other forums where I know he has been active in recent months. I'll be willing to amend my negative feedback if/when he pays me. For now, I'd recommend anyone to proceed with caution if they intend to deal with him.
kCherry

I think this sounds very fair, albeit disappointing. Sad Do let us know if he ever comes through with the payment.

Ringlets
Trader Support Mod

Location: Silverbells Manor UK...there's always room for more ponies!!

Thanks for leaving honest feedback. Big Ups I agree that the whole situation is very disappointing though. I'd have thought that he would keep his word to a friend Sad Hopefully he will pay you soon

heart Wanted* ILuvTheArenaBrag3*Brag/picfic4 Yay!Brag/picfic5 For sale heart
glittery heart Smile I'm Ringlets, Trader Support Moderator Smile heart glittery
mana-maiden
Mommy & Baby Pony

Aw man, all this does really suck. Sad

It's a real hard lesson though that I had to learn several times over- is no matter how you slice it, you cannot mix business with friends and make lenient rules for them. If you do a transaction with a friend, you have to hold them to the same rules as the rest of your random customers that you don't know, sadly.

I had one irl friend that "commissioned" me for a custom, so I went ahead and made it... she never paid, then when she was over visiting one time she was like "omg I love it!" snatched it off my shelf, went out the door with it. I never did see the payment.

So what I needed to do in that situation, was not make the request until she paid. If she never paid, then I wouldn't have been out the time and materials and if I make a custom like that without payment, I should plan on it being a gift. >____< It's a real pisser...

Sounds though like Klint intended on paying, but other things just kept coming up that required his money, has happened to me a couple other times though sellers didn't make the request before I paid... so I didn't get stuck. I usually try not to say I'll pay for something, unless I already have the money set aside for that specific thing and know that my irl bills are taken care of.

Hence, why you see me rarely commissioning other artists. XD

Hope you're able to contact him though and get this settled. If he can't pay, maybe ask for the item back or write it off as a gift... all depends on how you feel about the item.

If you like anything you see in that gallery, feel free to send me a personal message!

Trades: Closed
crimsondeity
Lil Cupcake Sister Pony

Oops, forgot to update this! Klint has been in touch with me, and we're working things out. While communication had been a bit lax, he wasn't trying to scam me- just trying to figure a few things out.

For now, the feedback I've left will stand- once I'm paid in full, I'll update the feedback to reflect that.

I suppose it's a good lesson for me as well; always best to get the money/whatever before shipping out, even when you have an outside-of-ponyland relationship.
kCherry

crimsondeity wrote:
Oops, forgot to update this! Klint has been in touch with me, and we're working things out. While communication had been a bit lax, he wasn't trying to scam me- just trying to figure a few things out.

For now, the feedback I've left will stand- once I'm paid in full, I'll update the feedback to reflect that.

I suppose it's a good lesson for me as well; always best to get the money/whatever before shipping out, even when you have an outside-of-ponyland relationship.

Glad to hear that he made contact with you. Smile Let us know how things wrap up!

Ringlets
Trader Support Mod

Thanks for the update - I'm glad to hear that you guys are working things out Big Ups

glittery heart Smile I'm Ringlets, Trader Support Moderator Smile heart glittery
lovesbabysquirmy
Captain Jack Pony

Glad that things are proceeding forward!

Wantlist & Trades

Avatar by Vanilla Virus - thank you!
crimsondeity
Lil Cupcake Sister Pony

Just bumping this for updated info.
Mandy85
MIB Rapunzel Pony

Wow, I would have thought that this had been taken care of by now. That's really lame of him Crimson. I know what it's like to have people owe you when money's tight, and it's even more insulting when they're buying unnecessary items for themselves in the meanwhile. I have a good friend who's pulling something similar with me right now, and while I'm not as hard up on funds, it's been frustrating me to no end to hear the excuses when it seems like he's been purchasing a new electronic for himself nearly every other week.

I hope Klinton gets his ducks in a row soon and is finally able to come through for you. Good luck and I wish you all the best!

Trader Support Mod

Sad thats not good. If he can afford to go out and buy more unnecessary stuff for himself then he can afford to pay you what he owes! This shouldnt have been going on for so long either Scared

NoDivision
I am vengeance, I am the night

I know how these feels - really frustrating to see people spend money on other things before paying off their current obligations. At this point, I'd give him an ultimatum. Give him a hard firm date when you MUST have payment by, or else he can no longer have the item.

Want List! - Customs for sale! - Do I owe you feedback? PM me!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Trader & Classifieds Support All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: