Overall: 12849

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 40
Bots: 0
Staff: 0
Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
Forums » Pony Talk » MLPArena Site Announcements » Important Post Announcement! Please read!
Important Post Announcement! Please read!
Have you heard the latest? Come here for site news!
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index » MLPArena Site Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wardah
Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: Important Post Announcement! Please read!

The only way I can see these kind of posts being a positive thing is if the person who doesn't collect fakies got some fakies in a lot and might not realize there is some demand for fakies and be planning on tossing them in the garbage. But if it is an actual pony if they don't want it they will sell it on anyways since they know they can find a buyer here.

Av by Jupi Sigs By SDS and sirithfin
MLPMom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Location: Babysitting all the naughty mods, it is a full time job!

Aurora wrote:
It's still ok to nicely (NICELY!) inquire in the brags, right? I just want to be sure of the rules, because, well, Mods spank. I assume it hurts, but I don't want to find out for sure!
Thank you once again for watching over the site and taking care of us! I love it here for the same reason I love ponies- it's a gentle place, and it feels safe. And I know that it is YOU, the mods, who keep it that way. Thank you!
Actually no, unless they are offering the ponies in the thread we usually don't allow this in brags either. Wink

Big thank you to Lina and Tuney for my sig & avi!
ThriftyPony
Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony

Understandable. Will avoid doing this!

Please visit my fakie website for IDing your fakies!

My trader feedback.
heart Thanks to MisfitPony for my avatar. heart
PinkRosedust
G3 Prototype Pony

gabumon wrote:
So is this the scenario you are talking about?:

Someone [person X] watches an ebay auction sold by [seller Y]. [buyer Z] wins it.
Person X comes to this forum looking for Buyer Z to buy it off of them?

Why would buyer Z want to sell what they just bought? Am I looking at this wrong?

If person X wants it, wouldn't it be better to contact them via ebay's "email" system?

Just want to make sure I understand. Thanks!

Yes, from what I understand that's correct. The reason people do this is because ponies are often sold in large lots on ebay. If you already have a large collection and you just won a lot, there's a good chance there will be ponies in that lot you don't want for one reason or another. So other collectors (person X) post here hoping that if a buyer Z is a member, they might be looking to get rid of the pony person X wants. I doubt anyone would post asking someone to sell a single pony they just won!

~Wantlist
okiegurl1981
MIB Rapunzel Pony

THANK YOU! I've always found it a little rude. Poke Tounge

gabumon
Daddy Sweet Celebrations Pony

PinkRosedust wrote:
gabumon wrote:
So is this the scenario you are talking about?:

Someone [person X] watches an ebay auction sold by [seller Y]. [buyer Z] wins it.
Person X comes to this forum looking for Buyer Z to buy it off of them?

Why would buyer Z want to sell what they just bought? Am I looking at this wrong?

If person X wants it, wouldn't it be better to contact them via ebay's "email" system?

Just want to make sure I understand. Thanks!

Yes, from what I understand that's correct. The reason people do this is because ponies are often sold in large lots on ebay. If you already have a large collection and you just won a lot, there's a good chance there will be ponies in that lot you don't want for one reason or another. So other collectors (person X) post here hoping that if a buyer Z is a member, they might be looking to get rid of the pony person X wants. I doubt anyone would post asking someone to sell a single pony they just won!

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. I could see how it would seem rude, "running in" right after the member wins. I guess people should not assume that the winner didn't want the whole lot, that's the part that seems inconsiderate.

Asking buyer Z via PM would be a little nicer, but ... maybe not very much nicer.

Throws Fakie

Last edited by gabumon on 0; edited 1 time in total
Aurora
G3 Prototype Pony

MLPMom wrote:
Aurora wrote:
It's still ok to nicely (NICELY!) inquire in the brags, right? !
Actually no, unless they are offering the ponies in the thread we usually don't allow this in brags either. Wink
Ah! Good to know! Not that I do this, but it has happened a couple times to me. Thanks!

Merry Christmas, Everyone! The Arena is one of the things I am most thankful for, and each and every one of you make that the truth!
Thanks so much to CalicoStar for Borealis and Aurora and SquarePeg for my shmexy avatar! ** want list **
Loa
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thank you for understanding everyone!

(I love this siggie! Merry Xmas!)
SaraMari
Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony

Oh I always found soliciting people to sell their items, which they had made no previous mention of wanting to sell annoying in all forms. I think it's a good idea to remove those types of posts. And I agree with others, this is the most pleasant forum I have been active or lurking in.

Reunite Baby Stripes and Baby Nectar - See my Want List!
MerryTreats
Dazzle Surprise

Thank god. I remember when a good friend of mine won Greek babies and was practically harassed on the forums. Intolerable BS, it's nice to see that there's finally a rule against it, although it's a shame it took so long to put into place. It's such a classless practice.

Formerly known as VeilsideGirl
DUTCH, MOC/MIB & HTF PONIES FOR SALE! MIB PULLIPS AND FAIRTAILS FOR SALE!
tootie_tails
Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony

Omg what happened? Whoa

I have noticed an increase in these type of posts but didn't really see the ginormous problem (if there is one).

I mean if I was the winner, I wouldn't mind people posting. Or is there some huge disadvantage I'm just not aware of?

Quote::
These aren't people who are winning Auctions on ebay or elsewhere, but upon the auction ending, they come to the Arena forums and post looking for a bargain!

Starting posts to out buyers in order to secure a bargain, or even congratulate someone is not acceptable.

Do you mean there are non arena members registering here just to do this? Or did you mean existing members?
Why would it be a bargain just because their potential seller is an auction winner? That doesn't make sense?

What did you mean by 'outing buyers in order to secure a bargain'? Has someone posted personal stuff like real names and such? And in what way would that secure a bargain? Blackmailing?

Majorly confused here, not arguing your decision, just requesting clarification.

Twizel
Switchblade Kitten

cool Smile those posts did seem odd to me.

Site Admin
Site Admin

tootie_tails wrote:
Omg what happened? Whoa

I have noticed an increase in these type of posts but didn't really see the ginormous problem (if there is one).

I mean if I was the winner, I wouldn't mind people posting. Or is there some huge disadvantage I'm just not aware of?

Quote::
These aren't people who are winning Auctions on ebay or elsewhere, but upon the auction ending, they come to the Arena forums and post looking for a bargain!

Starting posts to out buyers in order to secure a bargain, or even congratulate someone is not acceptable.

Do you mean there are non arena members registering here just to do this? Or did you mean existing members?
Why would it be a bargain just because their potential seller is an auction winner? That doesn't make sense?

What did you mean by 'outing buyers in order to secure a bargain'? Has someone posted personal stuff like real names and such? And in what way would that secure a bargain? Blackmailing?

Majorly confused here, not arguing your decision, just requesting clarification.

I'm not sure what you're confused about Tootie.
Please PM me for discussion.

Veilside, I agree it has taken a while to get this rule in place, but we had difficulty in wording it so we wouldn't pinpoint the main offenders. Happy

(I love this siggie! Merry Xmas!)
LilAlleyCat
Lil Cupcake Sister Pony

I personally wish we knew all the member names associated with ebay names. Maybe that would cut down on some of the less than savory practices such as those requesting for auctions to be ended early to secure themselves an unfair bargain on rare ponies.

My ebay name is my board name for that very reason. I have nothing to hide and as long as a person is nice about it, I don't mind being contacted about possible extra ponies in a large lot.

I guess I am just weird that way.

I do feel the posts can be annoying sometimes, especially when it's the same offenders who are specifically using it as their main buying practice. Like everything else, it seems if there is a way to take advantage of something, someone will.

~Single handedly increasing the value of your MOC/MIB collection by opening mine!~
Sebby6
Maid of Metal

PinkRosedust wrote:

I doubt anyone would post asking someone to sell a single pony they just won!

Actually that happened too

Check out my sales! Ponies and Merch - All Gens
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> MLPArena Site Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: