Overall: 12849

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 41
Bots: 1
Staff: 0
Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
Forums » Special Interest Groups » The Dollhouse » Useful links to ID Barbies & Sindy's NEW LINK ADDED 12/22
Useful links to ID Barbies & Sindy's NEW LINK ADDED 12/22
Where we discuss all Doll wants & needs!
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index » The Dollhouse
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gizmo
Bay Breeze Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: Useful links to ID Barbies & Sindy's

I stumbled across a flickr photo of the very first Barbie which really grabbed my attention and got me curious to check out her "evolution" throughout the years but I noticed for an extremely popular toy line Barbie lacks when it comes to websites. Most of them are general doll sites with bits and pieces of info covering selective periods only and a lot of them tend to be outdated.

I couldn't even find a proper active Barbie forum beside a yahoo group and about.com, meanwhile toy lines such as My Little Pony/Transformers/He-Man/G.I.Joe have at least a couple of forums and detailed web guides dedicated to each one of them.

Also noticed out of all the links posted in this thread, the official website is the only site that has a domain name with the word 'Barbie' in it, the rest are mostly hosted on free servers. Maybe I'm over analyzing but I find this a bit odd.

EmoKuu
Brush N Grow Pony

Why did I stumble on this... Now I'm obsessed with finding out which dolls I had as a kid. I found two through the flickr group but no others. Think my main issue is that I can't differentiate between the dolls I had (Judiths and Barbies I think) and the dolls a friend of mine had (only Barbies, but newer releases as she was younger).

Really wish there was a decent ID site. Really weird that there isn't one seeing the amount of people that collect them.
partypony566
Pony Corral Mod
Pony Corral Mod

I agree, there should be a site that identifies all of them, grouped by year or whatever. And I find it really hard to ID certain outfits too...I am always searching for more sites to add here that I think will be helpful though Smile

Thanks to hathorcat for my Minty avi heart SDS for my coin siggy heart and thanks severedanomaly for my big Minty siggy heart
gallifreyan_pony
Dazzle Surprise

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: Useful links to ID Barbies & Sindy's NEW LINK ADDED 26/9!

I just found this site: sindyzhome.piczo.com/?g=1&cr=7

It has lots of promo and some MIB pics for Sindys particularly the Hasbro era. Its a little bit of a jumble, but well worth a scroll through.

My sci fi/fantasy autograph collection!+My pony collection
bigmlpfan
Scribbles Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: Useful links to ID Barbies & Sindy's NEW LINK ADDED 26/9!

Big thanks partypony, this is really handy YAY!

bigmlpfan xx

Call upon the sea ponies!
partypony566
Pony Corral Mod
Pony Corral Mod

bigmlpfan wrote:
Big thanks partypony, this is really handy YAY!

bigmlpfan xx

You're welcome! Hug

gallifreyan_pony wrote:
I just found this site: sindyzhome.piczo.com/?g=1&cr=7

It has lots of promo and some MIB pics for Sindys particularly the Hasbro era. Its a little bit of a jumble, but well worth a scroll through.
Thankyou for that! Big Ups will add it to the list Hug

Thanks to hathorcat for my Minty avi heart SDS for my coin siggy heart and thanks severedanomaly for my big Minty siggy heart
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> The Dollhouse All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: