Members: 0
Visitors: 38
Bots: 0
Staff: 0
Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
Forums » Special Interest Groups » The Dollhouse » Pullip FAQs
Pullip FAQs
Where we discuss all Doll wants & needs!
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index » The Dollhouse
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AllIsLove
Arena Supporter
Arena Supporter

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: Pullip FAQs

Knibitz wrote:
sounds like etsy or ebay is what you're looking for, or if you don't mind spending as much on the clothes as you did a doll, there are a few momoko dolls dressed like that that you could buy and strip or possibly find someone who had split the outfit from the doll on ebay.

hmm...if you just want a giant black ball I'd say go and find some giant black bead and either you can, or you can find someone else who can take a dremel tool and saw it in half. If you're for something you can put the chips back into, Ive never heard of anyone making that.
I would say paint the eyes, but the eye mech and eyelids rub all over the eye and I imagine that it would chip easily.

Thanks, Knibitz! Flirty Pony I'm having much better luck on etsy. Re. the eyeballs, if there's no one making solid black eyes, then it looks like the bead will be the way to go. I'm loath to paint because I want to be able to move the eye still, and you're 100% correct that it'll scratch the paint right off.

... Say, can the eye plastic be dyed? You know, like a pony can be dyed? I know it probably wouldn't turn out a solid black, but if I could get it a near black, with black eyechips, that might work. (Assuming there's no staining from the dyed part of the eye, I suppose?)

'The Stubborn Dead' - an urban fantasy novella with spirit - to be released by Carina Press on January 23, 2012. Details, updates (and closer to release date, giveways!) posted at my blog ~*~My Ebay Feedback
Knibitz
MOC Mimic

agreed, I dont think you could ever get it black black if I would take dye, i think it'd be forever grey

and another thing would be glue residue left on it after the factory eye installation, the eyechips are glued in originally, and any sort of glue drip on the white of the eye would react to the dye differently Sad

deviantArt Flickr
Sendell
Brush N Grow Pony

I got some questions about wigs, hope somebody can answer me!!

I'd like to rewig a Mini Pullip, I know that the right size for them is 4-5", but this size is pretty difficult to find, do you know some online shops selling them? The best would be a fur wig or a wool wig but other wigs are fine too Wink
Do you think a 5-6" wig would fit or would it be too big?

I know it's a bit off topic, but do you think a mini pullip has the same head size as an Ai BJD by Jun Planning?
ranka
Twinkle Eye Pony

I bought a 5-6" wig for my little dal and it was way too big Happy I would think their heads are about the same size?

www.swdoll.com/ This store has 4-5" and 5-6" wigs. Smile
FlyingPonyMonster
Elusive Starry Wings Pony

Can you buy pullip clothes without the dolls? There's an outfit I like but I'm not keen on the dolls face that comes with it

FPM's Giant G1 & G3 Want List

*GRAIL* MOC Starry Wings
Knibitz
MOC Mimic

99% of the time, no.
They occasionally would sell just outfits, but it's very rare. I've only seen it once since the pullip line was sold to Groove.
And they never sell just the outfits that are on dolls, it's specific outfit singles they sell.

If you really want an outfit, it can be pretty easy to find someone to split the doll with you. The person would take the nude doll and you would take the clothing. Try posting here in the arena for a Split Smile

Split value is almost always 60% for the doll, 40% for the outfit. Sometimes it's argued 50% 50% if the outfit is extremely elaborate.

deviantArt Flickr
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> The Dollhouse All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14

Jump to: