Members: 0
Visitors: 57
Bots: 2
Staff: 0
Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
Forums » Special Interest Groups » The Dollhouse » Pullip FAQs
Pullip FAQs
Where we discuss all Doll wants & needs!
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index » The Dollhouse
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Airiel
Lil Cupcake Sister Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: Pullip FAQs

Can you body swap a "type 4" head without removing the wig? Requiem's tutorials show it for 1-3, but it seems like the ones I have have a much bigger tab and I am afraid of wrenching on the head and snapping the top screw to get the head open enough to get the neck out.

Thanks again!

"Just when the caterpillar thought her world was over, she became a butterfly."
Bohemian
Bay Breeze Pony

I haven't tried Requiem's way, but I think what you can do as an alternative is just leave the wig attached in the front. You'll have to take all the head screws out, but the wig will be stuck to the faceplate and thus won't lose its position on the doll's head.

trillian07
Colorswirl Pony

I second what Bohemian says. If you try to just pry it open with the top screw still in, you can break the head by the screwhole, which is a lot more aggravating than possibly repositioning a wig.

I've switched my Chill's obitsu a few times with no problems just keeping her wig glued in the front.

I haven't exaggerated in a billion years!
AllIsLove
Arena Supporter
Arena Supporter

Alright, I've read through this entire thread . . . and I've made up my mind to purchase my first Pullip and Dal! *SQUEE!* (See what a bad influence you all are? Wink )

So I have three questions:
a) I know the Pullip bodies are prone to staining. Does taking stock clothing off and washing them the moment the doll arrives help at all?

b) If it doesn't help, how soon after getting the doll should I consider swapping the body out?

c) Do Taeyang doll bodies stain as easily as Pullips?

Thanks in advance! Happy

'The Stubborn Dead' - an urban fantasy novella with spirit - to be released by Carina Press on January 23, 2012. Details, updates (and closer to release date, giveways!) posted at my blog ~*~My Ebay Feedback
Knibitz
MOC Mimic

A) no. The staining is usually deep in the pullip when it gets there.
B) It's all up to you. Personally - I'd say ASAP and swap to obitsu (27 for pullip, 23 for dal) they pose a million times better and are just phenomenal bodies. But I waited to get my first obitsu till I broke my first pullip's leg off XD
C) yes, it's all the same plastic.

deviantArt Flickr
AllIsLove
Arena Supporter
Arena Supporter

Oh my gosh, thanks for the speedy reply! I really appreciate it! Happy

Yikes, alright, well I just placed my order with Pullip Style so I'd better hop to it.

Would you mind helping me pick the correct body colors? I have NO experience with Pullip/Dals or Obitsu, and I'm terrified of ordering the wrong color. I'm getting a Pullip Ludmila, and Dal Steampunk Ra Muw. (I'm assuming Junky Spot is the best place to order since I'm in North America, correct?) Also, if I could have your opinion, are the soft bust bodies more flexible/better than normal bust?

Thanks again!

'The Stubborn Dead' - an urban fantasy novella with spirit - to be released by Carina Press on January 23, 2012. Details, updates (and closer to release date, giveways!) posted at my blog ~*~My Ebay Feedback
Knibitz
MOC Mimic

white skin for both of them, it probably wont be a perfect match (it rarely ever is, but I used it for every pullip I ever had) but you're rarely able to tell really.

and for me it's soft bust, from my experience hardbust tends to be really floppy. Softbust - though staining is a bigger problem, is generally stiffer. The torso, bust, and neck are all soft plastic that will stain quicker than her limbs which are hard plastic.
Dal... do you have an option? I'm only familiar with the hard body. I'm going to say wait on another vote for that one >.<

deviantArt Flickr
AllIsLove
Arena Supporter
Arena Supporter

Thanks so much, Knibitz! It's really great having access to friendly people willing to help new collectors out. Happy

trillian07
Colorswirl Pony

With Dal I'd suggest doing a hybrid.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYIyHVS2GTg

That's a tutorial from requiemart. Doing a hybrid body on Dal keeps her head nice and tight on it's original neck peg, but you still get the flexibility of the obitsu waist, legs, and arms.

LilSpark
Corral + Dollhouse Moderator

I'd say go with soft bust but think about the size. To me large bust obitsus look too much like Pamela Anderson, I like the medium ones much better. And I don't care about staining since you can always swap the bodies plus it's not visible when the doll always wears the same^^

Thank you so much Kioku and minercia!!!
AllIsLove
Arena Supporter
Arena Supporter

Gosh, thanks guys! So many options to think about! Happy

Now I have two hard questions (well, they are to me, they're probably super easy to you. Wink ) - can I take a Taeyang head and put it on a 23 male body? (I don't see a 25cm male.) And if I do, will the origional Taeyang clothing still fit this smaller body reasonably well? The reason I ask, is I'd like to get a Taeyang eventually for my Pullip, and then make a er, guy friend for Dal.

Thanks! Happy

Edit: Doh! I forgot about Isul for Dal! I'll let my questions stand, though. Still curious.

trillian07
Colorswirl Pony

No. Tae's head is way too big for a 23 cm obitsu to hold up, and his clothing would be very big for it. Tae clothes are baggy on 27cm male (they're a lot skinnier). Boys for Dal would much be much better suited with Isul. 23cm Tae would also probably look really strange.

Oh, and you could do a boy-Dal. A Dal's head with a simple, more masculine faceup/wig on a 23 cm male. That's what some people did before Isul when they wanted a boy for her. Since Dal is a cross-dresser much of the time, finding the right face shouldn't prove too difficult.

AllIsLove
Arena Supporter
Arena Supporter

trillian07 wrote:
Since Dal is a cross-dresser much of the time, finding the right face shouldn't prove too difficult.

LOL! I was looking at the Black Butler Ciel Dal today, and laughing myself silly about that exact thing!

Thanks for the tips, as I said in previous posts, I really appreciate all the helpful suggestions on this forum!

LilSpark

Don't put Taeyangs on smaller Obitsus, that would look ridiculous accomplished

Thank you so much Kioku and minercia!!!
AllIsLove
Arena Supporter
Arena Supporter

Alright, I'm back with ANOTHER question! I noticed on the Pullip Style listing for Little Pullip + Noir that they say she has eye chips. So far the only info I've gotten on Little Pullips is that you need to replace the whole eye, but does this mean I can just replace the chip like a regular Pullip? If so, is there anyone who sells that small, or should I try sanding a regular Pullip chip down?

Thanks again!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> The Dollhouse All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14

Jump to: