Members: 0
Visitors: 32
Bots: 1
Staff: 0
Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
Forums » Special Interest Groups » The Dollhouse » Pullip FAQs
Pullip FAQs
Where we discuss all Doll wants & needs!
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index » The Dollhouse
View previous topic :: View next topic  
twinkle_eyed
Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: Pullip FAQs

I have my first Pullip on the way thanks to the wonderful Angelberries! Happy So I have a few questions - 8/9 size wig will fit a pullip right? Any other sizes work? Like 8.5/9.5 or a Blythe wig (9/10)? And Barbie clothes will fit a Pullip - how about Bratz clothing? Any style fit better than others? And the same question goes for shoes - will most Barbie/Bratz shoes fit?

Teeny Tiny Pony

Hello, can anyone help me find nude pullips for costumization?
LittleSu
Mommy & Baby Pony

Hey, I had some Pullip questions answered in my own thread and I thought I'd post what Mandy85 said here, she was really helpful!

Quote::

I prefer Pullip Style for ordering dolls, just because most of the prices are higher at VOTD's from $2-$12 in price. Shipping at Pullip Style I believe is $9 within the US, which isn't bad, considering the size of the boxes they come in. I've always gotten my order 2-3 days after payment, and if you place an order earlier in the day, chances are that it will usually go out on the same day. They will send you a tracking number to follow your order online once it's on it's way to you.

In the beginning, I went for dolls that I liked everything about, just because I wanted to enjoy them from the get-go, without the effort of tracking down separate outfits, wigs, and other accessories. Now that I've slowly been building a collection of doll clothing and wigs, I go for the dolls I like the faces of the best. I personally find dolls with softer, feminine features and makeup to be what appeals to be the most (like Blanche, Cinciallegra, Clarity, Nina, Hello Kitty, Marianne, etc). I try and browse the internet (Pullip Style's "pictionary" and "photo request" threads, Flickr, livejournal communities, etc.) to get an idea of how versatile certain dolls are, and also to draw inspiration from other owners.

For wigs, 8-9" doll wigs will fit a Pullip's head. To switch from the stock wig, you will need to pry off the old one, which is glued to a scalp piece. The dolls from the initial run have rooted hair, but subsequent dolls just have them glued-on. I also don't really like the bodies Pullips come with, but it's different for everyone. If you find that you don't like them either (I think they're too fragile and rigid) you can swap them out for a 27" Obitsu or Volks doll body.

Requiem's site is awesome for most-things related to Pullip customization. I've never replaced eye chips myself, so I have no input about the process, but there is also a tutorial on this site: www.requiemart.com/pul...orial.html

For clothes, Barbie is usually a good fit. Some things may be loose, but it's mostly about experimenting. I find that they fit Obitsu bodies better in most cases. I also like Japanese Azone and Momoko clothes, but they can be really pricey. If you're thinking of a clothing item that you can't seem to find, Dolly Market has a commission section of their board for such purposes. (there are even some members here at the Arena who make adorable dolly clothes that also advertise there)

Now getting onto Dolly Market, I can't recommend joining them more for great deals and bargains. Many people there sell secondhand dolls, clothing items, wigs, eye chips, etc., and it can really save you some money down the road. In order to view the Buy/Sell/Trade section of their board, you need to have either 15 initial posts under an account name, or be able to prove to the mods that you have good feedback elsewhere (like here at the Arena or ebay for example)

I would even recommend possibly buying a Pullip from someone there if you want a certain doll and don't want to spend full price because you don't like the default stock outfit they come with. Many different Pullips, Dals, and Taeyangs pop up for sale here loose daily, so it's good to keep an eye out. Some people want the same price they payed for them new, while others will knock a good chunk of money off for an opened and/or modified doll. Older/retired dolls will almost always be worth more money however.

There's also a "split" section here, so you can make a post requesting that someone go in on a doll with you, and make a deal that you get the doll and they get the clothing and accessories (or vise-versa). This is another good way to go about getting a doll for less if you like them and aren't thrilled with the items they come with.

Thank you Moonbreeze for my sleepy SeaSpray sig!

Loa
Site Admin
Site Admin

RainbowJumper85 wrote:
Hello, can anyone help me find nude pullips for costumization?

You'll probably need to check Dolly Market. Smile

(I love this siggie! Merry Xmas!)
SweetieBella
Fakie!

okay my question is what is a pullips is it a dollfie or what...to me they look to much like a bratz doll

Brush N Grow Pony

SweetieBella wrote:
okay my question is what is a pullips is it a dollfie or what...to me they look to much like a bratz doll

A Pullip is a Korean 16-inch fashion doll. They were originally marketed by Jun Planning but this has shifted to Groove Inc. They are not resin but plastic, and they are completely customizable--from face to eyes to hair to body.

Hope that helps! You can also find out some more information on www.pullipstyle.com Smile

microkittycat
Dazzle Surprise

LordBlumiere is basically right. However, Pullips are actually about 12-13 inches tall, not 16.
LordBlumiere
Brush N Grow Pony

microkittycat wrote:
LordBlumiere is basically right. However, Pullips are actually about 12-13 inches tall, not 16.

FFFF I fail XD Thanks!

SweetieBella
Fakie!

well thanks for the info lord and micro Smile

Brush N Grow Pony

SweetieBella wrote:

No problem! ^^

SweetieBella
Fakie!

LordBlumiere wrote:
SweetieBella wrote:

No problem! ^^

that site is awsome and i think i might buy one or two maybe three Poke Tounge Flirty Pony

Brush N Grow Pony

SweetieBella wrote:
LordBlumiere wrote:
SweetieBella wrote:

No problem! ^^

that site is awsome and i think i might buy one or two maybe three Poke Tounge Flirty Pony

XD That's exactly how I felt at first! Start slow!

caramelaw
Depends Pony

Hi there!
Recently got my 1st Pullip Doll.It came with straight black hair and I was thinking of giving her some curls.Like how most lolita dolls would look like.How do I do that?Wet the hair n curl them with straws like how we do it for ponies too?And how do I ensure the curls stay?Will hair spray/hair products damage Pullip's hair?Didn't wanna risk damaging the hair since its my 1st Pullip! Poke Tounge Many thanks!

See more of my art at:
iamcaramelaw.com/
View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Knibitz
MOC Mimic

caramelaw wrote:
Hi there!
Recently got my 1st Pullip Doll.It came with straight black hair and I was thinking of giving her some curls.Like how most lolita dolls would look like.How do I do that?Wet the hair n curl them with straws like how we do it for ponies too?And how do I ensure the curls stay?Will hair spray/hair products damage Pullip's hair?Didn't wanna risk damaging the hair since its my 1st Pullip! Poke Tounge Many thanks!

Pullip hair will not style like that, and I would never suggest using human products on dolls. Especially not hairspray.
I've used pomade before, but it just made the hair a greasy mess since the fibers in wigs can't absorb any product like human hair can.
and then you get all the stuff on the wig cap and on the doll itself.

I would just look for another wig.

Here's a Cancan wig that looks a bit like you would want: www.cancan-jseries.net...cts_id=131

or

www.cancan-jseries.net...cts_id=375

deviantArt Flickr
caramelaw
Depends Pony

Thanks spaz,I know little about Pullips!
I shall just go hunt for a new wig then. Smile

See more of my art at:
iamcaramelaw.com/
View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> The Dollhouse All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 3 of 14

Jump to: