Overall: 12849

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 157
Bots: 1
Staff: 0
Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
Forums » Creativity » Adoptables » A basic pixel adoptable making tutorial - very pic heavy.
A basic pixel adoptable making tutorial - very pic heavy.
Now Open to All Members!
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index » Adoptables
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arcadia
My Little Skelanimal Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: A basic pixel adoptable making tutorial - very pic heavy.

Okay. So I got most of my little critter colored. Then I saved her, came back, and she was all these off pixels randomly all over. What should I save her as? o.o

SourdoughStomper
Solar Powered Site Admin
Solar Powered Site Admin

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: A basic pixel adoptable making tutorial - very pic heavy.

It sounds like you saved it as a JPG file. That format kind of makes it kinda "smudgy" looking. Best bet is to save it as a GIF, JPG, or BMP - but the final adoptable to be given away could be turned to JPG if you like.

I keep my templates as the default PSP format and convert the finished adopts to GIF most the time. Smile

Auxo
Smoozed Pony

hey, Im new here and my avatar is inspired by your tutorial. thanks a lot!
BeBeDasha
Hatchet Pony

I'm not sure where to start... what program is needed to get started? Thanks! Poke Tounge

Lantern
Ouchy Roids Pony

Eeekies, I'm going to have a try at these. X3

Eeeeeek! Thankyou so much SDS for my Advent adoptie! <3
JediPony
Sweet Kisses Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: A basic pixel adoptable making tutorial - very pic heavy

Okay, this is my first time trying these babies out and I used a template from Hasbro that I got somewhere....I think coloring pages...sorry, I can't remember! All of them are 150x150, roughly avatar sized. You are more than welcomed to snag if you wish.

No cutie Mark...
The pony herself:
And%20then%20I%20played%20around%20with%20a%20couple%20of%20backgrounds: With%20Cutie%20Mark...I%20added%20a%20snowflake%20as%20the%20cutie%20mark%20and%20I%20know%20there's%20a%20Snowflake%20pony,%20but%20obviously%20this%20isn't%20her!%20XD!

Perhaps I'll do more of these since it was sort of fun.... *gasp!* XD!

SourdoughStomper
Solar Powered Site Admin
Solar Powered Site Admin

Those are so cute, Jedi. Flirty Pony

RiderlessDiamond
Dazzle Surprise

You should offer them as adoptables Wink

JediPony
Sweet Kisses Pony

RiderlessDiamond wrote:
You should offer them as adoptables Wink

Could you PM me and tell me how? Embarassed

RiderlessDiamond
Dazzle Surprise

Just make a new thread and post these. After that, have a list of what people should include when requesting one. You would modify your adoptable to dit their pony. It's a lot of work Smile

For example threads, look in this forum

MadameMoonFeather
Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm

Im a bit confused how to use the pen tool. It puts in anchor points ad ends up filling the whole selection when im done, instead of giving me just a coloured line. I dont know what im doing wrong. What setting is your pen tool on?

this is what I ended up with and gods it looks horrible, but I didnt delete it cause I love the colours and design www.mlparena.com/galle...p.jpg.html

R.I.P MJJ|DA Gallery| My Toy horse ID site|Pony Art |My toy horse collection|My Michael jackson stuff|Adopts| My Arena MLP wishlist |
My Beautiful horses forum
SourdoughStomper
Solar Powered Site Admin
Solar Powered Site Admin

Here's a screen shot of my pen tool settings. I'm not sure if it will help, but worth a try. Easier to explain, anyway.

I also make sure that my background is set to transparent or else I get a filled-in shape or wacky looking polygons.

MadameMoonFeather
Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm

What art programme are you using? as I dont have those options. Ive only got photoshop CS2 and Elements 3.0

R.I.P MJJ|DA Gallery| My Toy horse ID site|Pony Art |My toy horse collection|My Michael jackson stuff|Adopts| My Arena MLP wishlist |
My Beautiful horses forum
SourdoughStomper
Solar Powered Site Admin
Solar Powered Site Admin

I use Paint Shop Pro 8.

cupcakecutie
Smoozed Pony

Thanks so much! Smile

This is Cupcake Sprinkleberry!
Check out my Cutie Patooties Boutique!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Adoptables All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: