Overall: 12849

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 24
Bots: 2
Staff: 0
Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
Forums » Creativity » Adoptables » A basic pixel adoptable making tutorial - very pic heavy.
A basic pixel adoptable making tutorial - very pic heavy.
Now Open to All Members!
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index » Adoptables
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paperpoppet
Lil Cupcake Sister Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: A basic pixel adoptable making tutorial - very pic heavy.

This is, no doubt, a very stupid question, but can SDS or anybody else please tell me how to save just that top layer of my pixel pics? (Sorry, I'm only just learning to work with layers and am still pretty confused!)

I can make pixel ponies in PSP by tracing and coloring a layer on top of coloring book pages or other lineart, but whenever I save I always end up with an unwanted background. Poke Tounge

Here's a recent example:

*K... ETA I just realized you can't really see the background on my lil' adoptable here, so you'll just have to trust that there's an unsightly, white rectangle behind Twilight, lol!*

Please halp if you can! Thanks. Smile

¡Gracias Lina!
SourdoughStomper
Solar Powered Site Admin
Solar Powered Site Admin

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: A basic pixel adoptable making tutorial - very pic heavy.

PSP, I know. Smile

When you want the image to have a transparency, I go to

File > Export > GIF Optimizer.

Then on the tab with "transparency" I have "Existing image or layer transparency" marked off. Then it is saved as a transparent image. Or at least it will look like it once you upload it to photobucket or wherever.

There are other times when I use a fake transparency. That is, I match the color of the Arena and it blends in. *points at current avatar for example*

paperpoppet
Lil Cupcake Sister Pony

Thank you, thank you, thank you SDS!!! That's gonna help with so many projects. Smile You rawk.

¡Gracias Lina!
StellaJune
Ouchy Roids Pony

So, I was trying to tool around with the templates in MS paint, and for some reason no matter what color I selected, it's.. orange. n.n;

Now, bear with me, because I am noooot graphics-smart. *hide*

LilCurly
Mommy & Baby Pony

where does everyone get PSP? I've got photoshop, but the colour swapping is trickier than it looks on PSP Smile

www.ponystars.com/lilcurly84 ~ visit my Ponystars!
IcyMint
Scribbles Pony

I have got only MS Paint and a silly photo redactor... WHY? Depressed

stormyspirit
Rainbow Curl Pony

I'm sorry if nobody answers this thread anymore, but I was wondering if anyone knows, in just plain old photoshop where the "replace color" tool is. It would be lovely if someone could help me out.
Please, and thank you.

Thank you Exodus3D.
SourdoughStomper
Solar Powered Site Admin
Solar Powered Site Admin

I wish I knew Photoshop to be able to tell you. I think YLH uses it, so maybe you can ask her. Smile

I got PSP 8 on eBay. I think you can find it on Amazon too. It's an older version so not as expensive. Though I'm suspicious that I may have inadvertently bought myself a pirated copy. Look Round Embarassed

stormyspirit
Rainbow Curl Pony

Eek, oh dear... Well, at least you had the best intentions??
Also, thanks for the suggestion. I actually went on other photoshop tutorial sights and through a few grueling minutes of navigating their complicated Help section, found it.
I'm excited to try this new idea. Should I post my results in this thread??

Thank you Exodus3D.
Kenly
Power Puff Pony

this, sds, is a totally awesome tut for beginners. heck, even some of us 'veterans' could benefit from it. i do pretty much what you do, but i do it all in MSPaint. insanity, i know. =3

View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
SourdoughStomper
Solar Powered Site Admin
Solar Powered Site Admin

Thanks, Kenly. Smile

stormy, there seem to be lots of tutorials for photoshop on DeviantArt, with lots of helpful images. Maybe that would be a good place to start.

Minty_Magic
Rapunzel Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: A basic pixel adoptable making tutorial - very pic heavy

Thanks so much for posting this! Even I was able to get something done, and it was my first time working with layers and pixels! Poke Tounge

Toffee Sock Scissor Geek

Location: "Terrible tragedy of the south seas. Three million people trapped alive."

Wahoo! Finally got myself PSP XI! Happy

On hiatus. Will work through PMs when things slow down.
Rhian
Dazzle Surprise

I just want to share something really quick. If you don't have PSP or whatever, you can make transparent gifs with a little program called Giffy. I have Gimp but still prefer making images with MS Paint and use Giffy a lot. You can also make animated gifs with another small program called Unfreeze. Smile

FurbyLuver
Power Puff Pony

I downloaded the demo version of PSP 8 but its a bit hard for me.... O.o

Thanks SDS for Melody Dusk!! ^^; heart
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Adoptables All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: