Overall: 12849

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 14
Bots: 1
Staff: 0
Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
Forums » Pony Talk » Pony Corral » Internal workings of Pretty Pony (and how to fix them)
Internal workings of Pretty Pony (and how to fix them)
General MLP info, Q&A
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index » Pony Corral
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BarbedDragon
G3 Prototype Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Internal workings of Pretty Pony (and how to fix them)

Hey folks! Us here at BarbedDragon Ranch in eastern Tenneeeeeesee got plum curious today (and bored) after sitting around nursing a bum knee and decided to take apart that manky Ol' Pretty Pony thats been sitting around forever and give her a sprucin up.

She was pried apart as carefully as possible with some metal clay tools (Flat head screwdriver would have worked too, just didn't have one)

SO here's what she looks like inside.....(children avert your eyes)
and%20here's%20that%20pesky%20little%20spring%20which%20you%20can%20see%20attached%20correctly%20in%20the%20first/last%20pics.%20 The%20other%20thing%20to%20fix%20them%20(Both%20ears%20wiggle,%20one%20eye%20blinks,%20and%20the%20tail%20swishes)%20is%20when%20you%20put%20them%20back%20together%20make%20sure%20you%20place%20the%20ear%20PADDLES%20back%20inbewteen%20the%20paddle%20tines---Like%20so---on%20both%20sides.%20Its%20harder%20than%20it%20looks%20believe%20me.%20 The%20tail%20hair%20loop%20goes%20between%20the%20white%20hair%20tines%20as%20well.%20

Hope that helps anyone that wants to fix theirs, tho I do reccomend to be prepared to fix cracks and fractures, or know how to sculpt/repair them Its easier if they are a little warm, but sometimes that makes the plastic tear easier (not a good thing) so be careful!!!

Last edited by BarbedDragon on 0; edited 1 time in total
Stage
Colorswirl Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: Internal workings of Pretty Pony (and how to fix them)

Very cool :-)

But mostly I just wanted to say- I love your sig. :-)

[img]http://www.mlparena.com/gallery2/d/375115-1/stageandhavok.png?g2_GALLERYSID=59398234f030c453ed64240624b8e038[/IMG][IMG]http://www.mlparena.com/gallery2/d/380769-1/jupi-book_stage.gif?g2_GALLERYSID=df00089d27e84de232b1216087431fbb[/img]
emery
Dr. Quinn, Medicine Pony
Dr. Quinn, Medicine Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: Internal workings of Pretty Pony (and how to fix them)

Whoa, thanks for the discection pics. I always wondered what went on inside there!

MLP & 80's toys for sale or trade
my wantlist

"Like" my store on Facebook to see when new items are added!
ginaiam
G3 Prototype Pony

Cool this post should be saved somewheres.. Maybe people will want to repair theres.

Arena Supporter
Arena Supporter

Oh wow. This thread is awesome. Happy

Formally known as Leah_Freenote.
BarbedDragon
G3 Prototype Pony

Oh and she has nooo braaains! Must have been eaten by a zombie pony.....

MLPMom
Site Admin
Site Admin

Location: Babysitting all the naughty mods, it is a full time job!

Very neat! Thanks for taking pics, I have always wondered what they looked like inside and how they worked exactly. Smile

Big thank you to Lina and Tuney for my sig & avi!
seikatsubei
Blue Blaze Irregular Pony

Yes! I'll definately be saving that pic! It means that if I ever found one that didn't work, I might be able to fix it, or :gasp: customize one!!!! On Fire

www.mlparena.com/galle...d/324856-1
dinobuzz
Rapunzel Pony

Does anyone know how to replace the eyelashes? My REALLY faded/discolored pink My Pretty Pony has had hers cut off mostly.... Crazy
shellebelle
Spain Piggy Pony

Umm. I'm going to add a link to this into the cleaning tutorial/links thread that is stuck at the top of the corral... I finally just bought a Pretty Pony and haven't recieved her yet, but when I do get her I'm pretty certain she'll probably need to be disected as well.

Btw... Does anyone know if their hair is just the same as regular MLP hair? I've seen lots of these old girls with bad cases of the frizzies, and would seriously consider using a flat-iron on mine if I know it won't melt her like the wicked witch of the west...

G3 Prototype Pony

An answer to your questions.

Eyelashes---I'm not quite sure where to get replacements but if you open her (like this one) You'll be able to remove the clear eye parts and add eyelashes in there.

The hair- I do not think its the same at all. I have tried to dye it and it will not take, its more like thicker strands of hair and possibly made out of a different substance. It feels different too---its thick and more like real horse hair... I'll try to do a boil straighting on mine and tell you how it goes as I am replacing the hair anyway (yes....yes....throw fakies she is being customized *ducks mud and fake ponies*)

KnottyKitty
Scribbles Pony

Ok, this is a super old thread, but I have to say thank you for posting this! I've seen several cheap Pretty Ponies pop up on eBay, but they always have drastic haircuts or damaged mechanisms. Now I have the guts to get one and try to restore her. ^_^
tastefultragedy
Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm

wow.... you did a good job barbed..... hoiw'd the customizing end up
!? I think thats a great IDEA!!!

Gypsydancer
Mommy & Baby Pony

So does that mean I can put her tail back in now?! I brushed so hard on her tangled tail that it done popped out.

mintyone
Brush N Grow Pony

Oooo...that's great! Thanks for the post.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Pony Corral All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: