Overall: 12849

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 9
Bots: 1
Staff: 0
Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
Forums » Pony Talk » Pony Corral » The Official Cancer/Mold/Regrind/Age Spots Thread
The Official Cancer/Mold/Regrind/Age Spots Thread
General MLP info, Q&A
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index » Pony Corral
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shellebelle
Spain Piggy Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: The Official Cancer/Mold/Regrind/Age Spots Thread

Ooh! She does have gorgeous flocking! I'll be posting more random bits of help when I get to it...

Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: The Official Cancer/Mold/Regrind/Age Spots Thread

shellebelle wrote:
Ooh! She does have gorgeous flocking! I'll be posting more random bits of help when I get to it...

And I only got her for $1.80 on ebay! On Fire

EDIT: And just so no one kills me, I didnt put the elastic in her tail. xD She came with it when I bought her, and i havent removed it because i might make it worse.

Thanks to Fleur-de-lis for the avatar!
Avea2006

I don't think those pink marks are regrind either, it looks more like this,

nina85
Arena Supporter
Arena Supporter

Location: Frolicking in a dewy meadow or posing on a windy cliff...

I am surprised you all don't think Pony Bride has regrind. I just assumed she was made of recycled plastic and the dyes in the reused plastic were coming out. You all are the experts though, so I will take your word for it that Pony Bride is not suffering from regrind, but just a silly child with a pink highlighter. I will have to try to sun fade her and see what kind of results I get. Smile

Thanks for all the pictures and info everyone. Keep them coming! I will update as soon as I can.

Dabbles Pony

nina85 wrote:
I am surprised you all don't think Pony Bride has regrind. I just assumed she was made of recycled plastic and the dyes in the reused plastic were coming out. You all are the experts though, so I will take your word for it that Pony Bride is not suffering from regrind, but just a silly child with a pink highlighter. I will have to try to sun fade her and see what kind of results I get. Smile

Thanks for all the pictures and info everyone. Keep them coming! I will update as soon as I can.

It doesn't look like highlighter to me either... I'd guess makeup actually. It also kind of looks like a potential accessory dye transfer. Saddles and bridals that are stored in a box with ponies can do stuff like that and they generally leave super-neony stains. They take longer to fade than real highlighter marks, too. I don't think I've ever done it with sun fading alone, just don't have the patience. ^_^;;

See this poor newborn? I cleaned lipstick off her. I suspect lots of little girls put makeup on their ponies. Look at the marks it left:

At the same time, I think your thought is interesting, something I'll need to reconsider. I just think that the obvious Party Time regrind looks like a very different phenomenon than your pony bride marks. I just have to pause because one of my pony brides has a pink mark on her... a teeny one. And it could be a coincidence but I don't know.

Sweetcakes
MOC Mimic

Souffaloufagous wrote:
I have one for you...

hair elastics on ponies that have rusted into their mane/tail.

Behold my SS Wind Whistler...

EDIT: its a really bad picture, but her flocking is GORGEOUS.

If you gently scrub her tail with rust remover and an old tooth brush, you can probably get most of that out (I had a Chocolate Delight with bad rust in her tail...got 90% of it out that way). As far as removing the elastic goes, I'd suggest doing it very carefully and with a pair of scissors--I wouldn't try pulling it out.

She does look gorgeous, btw. ^_^

peach.cupcake
Fancy Pants Baby

What do I do about a g3 having mold? I wasn't sure if it was mold or cancer, but the pictures here confirm that it's mold. The heads on g3s don't just pop off, do they? Will I have to cut the head off & reglue it? I don't want to mess it up, but I don't want to leave yucky mold inside either.
Firebyrd
G3 Prototype Pony

The pony bride definitely doesn't have regrind. It's impossible for it to be so, because white isn't a dye, it's a bleach if the plastic isn't white in the first place. As has been explained, regrind is dye fading from plastic that was reused.

Cancer and age spots are the same thing. It's just the plastic degrading.

Nothing can be done about either regrind or cancer, and they don't spread. Boiling will not help.

Huscheli
Mommy & Baby Pony

shellebelle wrote:
Well, ponies seem to have this "pink highlighter" on many of them. Notice that it's not yellow, of green or blue, it's always pink. When Party time or Speedy (just to name a few) have regrind, it's pink. I believe it's probably all the same, either way, it's not contagous and doesn't go away.

Na, Regrind ends up from mixing old plastic together. It wouldn't make much sense that it has an entirely different color than he original pony. Regrind is always just darker or brighter then the actually color. And white is a special "color" anyway. I doubt we'll find white ponies regrinding...^^

That's perfect regrind:

reddsetgogirl
Mommy & Baby Pony

I have a question to add,

visually, what is the difference between pin dot mould and ingrained dirt?

I just assume everything is mould but I see it on nearly every unicorn horn and several ear tips, mouths and hooves. Have my ponies just been dirty in a past life or am I right in believing it's pin dot?

Scribbles Pony

reddsetgogirl wrote:
I have a question to add,

visually, what is the difference between pin dot mould and ingrained dirt?

I just assume everything is mould but I see it on nearly every unicorn horn and several ear tips, mouths and hooves. Have my ponies just been dirty in a past life or am I right in believing it's pin dot?

Horns, hooves and ear tips seem to be prone to pin dot, so I guess that's what your ponies have Sad
I'm not really sure what ingrained dirt looks like, but as soon as I see a pony with those tiny tiny dots on the places I mentioned I go with pin dot...

A really good question though! Anyone who has more to say about this?
lady_lemondrop

Aww Avea2006, that really is a bad case of regrind Sad
Pony cancer definetly does spread over time as I have found out with about half of my collection getting contaminated by a bubbles which had pony cancer on her flank. I always keep them WELL away now..
In my experienc, it's only the bright coloured ponies that get regrind, my speedy has it, I think steamer is prone to it too. I /think/ pindot spreads somtimes too depending on what type it is. If it's ingrained dirt in the plastic, i don't think it spreads, but there's no way to tell which it is.
I also think pony mould and pony cancer are the same thing only some people to prefer to call it whichever one, and I believe one of the ways to stop pony cancer from spreading to other ponies is Oxyclean or somthin?
nina85
Arena Supporter
Arena Supporter

Location: Frolicking in a dewy meadow or posing on a windy cliff...

lady_lemondrop wrote:

I also think pony mould and pony cancer are the same thing only some people to prefer to call it whichever one.

This is one of the most confusing things, I think. Some people think cancer and mold are two different things, while others believe they are the same.
Which is which?

Huh

G3 Rosey Pony

what exactly is regrind, and why's it called that?

lady_lemondrop

nina85 wrote:
lady_lemondrop wrote:

I also think pony mould and pony cancer are the same thing only some people to prefer to call it whichever one.

This is one of the most confusing things, I think. Some people think cancer and mold are two different things, while others believe they are the same.
Which is which?

Huh
Well personally I think they're the same, seeing as pony cancer spread and so does mould therefore pony cancer is mould. But this is just my opinion D: I can't be sure, but whichever way they're both somthing to watch out for D:

Roogna wrote:
what exactly is regrind, and why's it called that?
From what I can gather, regrind is basically the breaking down of plastic, and the colours are sorta splitting up. I don't know why it's called that but I guess its because the colours are ground together to start with.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Pony Corral All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 2 of 13

Jump to: