Bots: 1
Staff: 0
Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
Forums » Pony Talk » Pony Corral » Re Pinking
Re Pinking
General MLP info, Q&A
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index » Pony Corral
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Asuka
Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: Re Pinking

I know this is an old thread, but I have a few ponies I need to re pink and I don't want to mess them up. Two of them have white bodies (Bunny Hop and TAF Yum Yum) and are mint except faded hair.

The beginning of the thread talks about dying hair with RIT crystal and specifically mentions that it isn't the same as the powdered RIT.

I've googled RIT crystal and haven't been able to find anything besides liquid and powder. Maybe the crystals were something they made in 2007 when this thread was started.

Has anyone had good results (no body staining) with using a diluted mixture of the powdered RIT for re pinking ponies with light or white bodies? I'd test it out but I don't have a white baity pony.

Glows in the Dark

I, too, only have a pack of powder RIT dye..
I was so happy to get at least THAT.
There's no chance for me to get RIT crystal in europe.. but I haven't tried the powder out yet, since I'm also scared of staining the pony, because when I re-read this tutorial, I noticed it was done with RIT crystals. ]:

So unfortunately I can't help you, but will stalk this thread to see if someone can... I really want to re-pink the ponies, but am scared of ruining them. )=

heart WANTED! SOFT SLEEPY NEWBORN HUSHABYE heart Commission heart My Pony/Toy Sales heart
StormyRavenNeko
Colorswirl Pony

Asuka wrote:
I know this is an old thread, but I have a few ponies I need to re pink and I don't want to mess them up. Two of them have white bodies (Bunny Hop and TAF Yum Yum) and are mint except faded hair.

The beginning of the thread talks about dying hair with RIT crystal and specifically mentions that it isn't the same as the powdered RIT.

I've googled RIT crystal and haven't been able to find anything besides liquid and powder. Maybe the crystals were something they made in 2007 when this thread was started.

Has anyone had good results (no body staining) with using a diluted mixture of the powdered RIT for re pinking ponies with light or white bodies? I'd test it out but I don't have a white baity pony.

I used the powdered dye, my post is on page three. It didn't stain my ponies, but I have yet to test on a white pony. I did test on Rosedust and a few other lighter colored ponies and it didn't stain them.
DaffyDilly
Mommy & Baby Pony

I've used food colouring before now.

Didn't stain the pony (I would know because I tried to dye another pony peach with it!) and it took a few applications to get the right darkness so there was no risk of ruining her. Smile

Thanks to SoldierofTwilight for my siggy! Plush Wind Whistler and Me! *My Customs*
Rhys
Mommy & Baby Pony

I haven't been able to locate the crystal RIT anymore either, but the powder kind works pretty much identically. You can dip the pony in, even white ones, withoutstaining, but be more careful repinking flocked ponies. Smile

Asuka

StormyRavenNeko wrote:
Asuka wrote:

I used the powdered dye, my post is on page three. It didn't stain my ponies, but I have yet to test on a white pony. I did test on Rosedust and a few other lighter colored ponies and it didn't stain them.

I might just have to use BBE Gusty as a guinea pig. Just dip the little zombie's toe in the pink pool and see what happens.

The verdict is in on RIT powder dye vs. white ponies!

Petal Pink RIT dye in powder form is no match for the power of the white pony! Energetic At least not for the time it takes to dye faded hair.

Here are my girls after their dye jobs. The G3 girls are standing around ooohing and ahhhing over how gorgeous they all look.

Dazzle Surprise

I bought a box of Rose Petal RIT powder from ebay and had no problems either. Re-pinking is really fun and addictive! ^^ I was quite sad when I ran out of faded pink haired ponies!

Ringlets
Trader Support Mod

Location: Silverbells Manor UK...there's always room for more ponies!!

Awesome result Asuka!!! Energetic your ponies look gorgeous! Flirty Pony

LOL Moonflower! I felt like that too Poke Tounge

heart Wanted* ILuvTheArenaBrag3*Brag/picfic4 Yay!Brag/picfic5 For sale heart
glittery heart Smile I'm Ringlets, Trader Support Moderator Smile heart glittery
QuestorStar
Dance N' Prance Pony

I'm in the process of trying both food coloring (I cant get it to adhere to the pony's hair....but Ive been succesful in the past with food coloring... Original on the right, repinked on the left) ...and koolaid. I'll post pictures if the koolaid thing works

Ø* Ebay ..:::..VioletWerewolf..:::..Ø*
Teddy
MLP Tales Goddess

*bumps this thread again*

Oh, I have several ponies who need repinking and knew I'd seen a thread about it recently. I will be trying the RIT powder method as soon as I am able to pick some up (hope my Walmart has it!). I can't wait to try it! Thanks for all the great advice in this thread! Smile

Click here to visit my MLP Tales site
(Thanks little_unie for my avatar!)
Teddy
MLP Tales Goddess

Ok, I got my powdered Petal Pink RIT dye today and repinked some ponies! A couple may need to be dunked again as they didn't turn out quite as pink as I wanted, but they are all greatly improved I think!

Here are some before and after shots:
Up%20Up%20and%20Away%20doesn't%20look%20any%20different..lol!%20*shrugs*%20If%20you%20can't%20tell,%20Sunspot's%20mane%20was%20faded%20to%20white%20in%20the%20first%20pic,%20now%20it%20matches%20her%20tail.

As you can see, I did this technique with pretty much every color pony under the rainbow (including a SS), and all their bodies were unharmed by the dye! This stuff is awesome and it was SO much fun! ^-^

Click here to visit my MLP Tales site
(Thanks little_unie for my avatar!)
shellebelle
Spain Piggy Pony

I just want to add to this a bit...

Plain pink rit dye can make the hair too reddish, try adding a small touch of orange kool-aide to the dye bath

for me that makes the absolute perfect shade of pink. I usually use the Rose Pink rit dye powder/crystal form, that's the only pink I've ever seen, but like I said, it's a touch too reddish.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Pony Corral All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: