Overall: 12849

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 33
Bots: 0
Staff: 0
Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
Forums » TCB » Trader & Classifieds Support » Very rude & unreasonable ebay seller- Patlinens <-upd
Very rude & unreasonable ebay seller- Patlinens <-upd
Help with your Trades, Sales, and Auctions, including ebay
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index » Trader & Classifieds Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  

was the seller right?
yes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
no
100%
 100%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 3

TornadoLovesMelody
Scribbles Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Very rude & unreasonable ebay seller- Patlinens <-upd

Hi!
I thought I'd ask for help from you people here on the MLP Arena..
I won an auction yesterday from a seller who only ships within the U.S.
I'm located in Sweden but I have an address in the U.S. too (my uncle), and that is where I thought the seller could ship.

The problem is that the seller now refuses to sell me the item because I'm not located in the US.
In her auction she didn't state that the bidder had to be a U.S. Citizen or that she'd only take paypal from U.S. citizens ..she just stated that she ships to the U.S. Only.
After winning the auction I received a very angry e-mail from the seller where she wrote :
"I under no circumstances ship outside the United States. I stated that
very clearly in my description and also in the listing itself. This
item will be sold to the next high bidder. Please, in the future please
read the description more carefully."

I told her that I did want the item shipped to the U.S. and therefore didn't see any problem, and also that she hadn't listed that the bidders had to be U.S. citizens and that I wanted her to let me know whether we should proceed with the deal or not.
after that I received a very unfriendly e-mail :

"I think you better read the listing again. It says in two different places that I DO NOT SHIP OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES. If you live in another country and want to have something shipped to an address inside the United States, I must know of this in advance. (this she didn't list in the auction- not whre I can see it) BEFORE you bid. Do you see the number of feedback I have? How do you think I have maintained such a good record over the past FOUR years.

There is what is called a "second chance bidder" I have offered this item to the second place bidder. If he declines, I will relist. I urge you not to bid on any of my items again. Your bid will be removed, by Ebay as I am putting you on my non-bidder list.

In answer to your remark about proceeding, please note, this transaction is null and void.

I do not wish to continue this transaction. Please check my listing again. You will see in" two different Places" where I ship. Only within the United States. I checked to see if It was there, as it should be. This is placed automatically. I don't need anyone with just 24 positive feedback to tell me how to run my business!!!!! If this email results in a negative feedback from you, so be it. Ebay will remove the negative feedback by way of a dispute mediator. I have never needed to resort to this service, but I will if I must.

There is absolutely no need to contact me again. I will not read your comment or reply. We are not going to argue this. It is now settled."

Now , I don't know what to do.. I really want the item, and I don't really see this womans problem..but, please, please let me know what to do..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11 October 2004 :

So I filled out the non-selling seller form :

Customer concern: This seller was being over-all rude and not willing to
cooperate. I do have a shipping address within the USA (in NY)and that
was where I wanted the item to be shipped. Also, nowhere in the auction
does she write that a seller outside the USA who wants the item shipped
within the USA has to e-mail her before the auction ends.
Doesn't this seller violate the rules of Ebay? Aren't we supposed to be
able to trust that when we win an auction the item is ours?
That was what I thought. Please do let me know what happens, and if I
only get automatic messages I see it as if Ebay doesn't care and I'll be
sure to let the fellow members know. Thank you.
Sincerely
//Mel.

please do let me know if that text was to harsh and what kind of a reply (if any) I should expect. thank you very much *hugs*

Last edited by TornadoLovesMelody on 0; edited 1 time in total
Chibiskittles
Colombian Baby Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject:

I'd say, find a way to contact ebay, and ask them. You were going to ship to an US address, she should be happy that her item was sold. Huh

df
Site Admin
Site Admin

I agree with Chibi. The seller is being unreasonable. Double check eBay's rules. You never asked her to ship outside the US. I'd tell her that I urge her to be nice to her bidders or your fellow pony collectors will be warned not to bid on her auctions, and that will potentially cost her a lot of money.
Smawpaws
Site Mod

I agree....if she all she put in the auction is she won't SHIP outside the U.S., I'd try and contact e-bay. I would give her heck over this just cause she is being so rude for no reason.

Do you have a link to the auction you can pm me?
lovebeam
Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm

it' is going to the us so what's the big whoop? remind me not to bid on her auctions Sad . what is her name on ebay?

TornadoLovesMelody
Scribbles Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: re: bad auction

Hi again!
thanks for your replies!
I'll try to contact ebay, but my english isn't very good and I haven't had such good experience of their "support" before..not even an answer so I'm not hoping for much..
here's the link to the auction.. MY beautiful Sunbeam..*sobs*
I've wanted her for so long..

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayIS...RK:MEWN:IT

oh well... can't be lucky all the time.. can we?
Foxfyre33
Rainbow Curl Pony

Smaw, are you contacting this seller? I was going to contact her on behalf of this poor girl and try and reason with her, but I don't want to like, bombard her with email from all of us since it seems she's got some tree branches where they don't belong, from the sounds of it. Let me know. I don't want sunbeam to go to someone who didn't rightfully win her.

By the by, do you find it at all odd that the majority of the other bidders have only 1 or no feedback? Do you think this could be a set of shills?

Tornado, let me ask as well, how did you pay for this? Paypal? And if so, did you do it in US funds? Maybe she's riled if you tried to pay in local currency? If you DID pay, or intended to pay, with us funds and ship to a US address, you are the RIGHTFUL winner of this auction, and, like ebay says, auctions are binding contracts. You have a right to go after this seller.

~Fox

I question the legality of the substances that led to this idea.

~Fox
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Foxfyre33
Rainbow Curl Pony

I sent her this:

Dear Patlinens; I apologize if one of my other collegues has already contacted you, but I am a peer of the winner of this auction and am offering mediation because it appears there was some unfortunate miscommunication regarding this sale. She *does* wish it to be shipped to a United States address and therefore it complies with your posted auction requirements. I have read the rather curt emails you sent to her, and I would like to point out that the auction says nothing about contacting you (the seller) beforehand if a bidder/payer lives in a different country than the item recipient. If the money is in US funds and the address is a Continental United States shipping address, I see no conflict between your posted terms of sale and my peers actions. Your posted auction terms state 10 days for payment, and therefore I believe it is fair to allow 10 full days for this matter to be settled before you start trying to sell the item to someone else. Lets settle this amicably.

Hope it helps. Hell, if need be, Tornado, I'll pay the....female canine...out of my own paypal account and have it shipped here to me and send it to you or your stateside friend. This is damned ridiculous...especially the tone of those emails! It's clear she has an alternate agenda for whatever reason...maybe she wanted the price to be higher and bid on her own auction and is hoping to scare you out of persuing it?

~Fox

~Fox
View user's profile Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
leaper
Nirvana Expert Panelist

Why are there some nutty stressed units on ebay,I have come across them from time to time,you won the auction and complied with her conditions BUT do you want the hassle and more so do you want to give your money to this person Flag it and buy from someone who appreciates your business,why reward bad conduct huh
Foxfyre33
Rainbow Curl Pony

This is the response I received:

Dear foxfyre33,

Second chance winner has already paid by PayPal. I shipped this morning. This auction is officially closed.

Tornado, I'm all but BEGGING you to give her a negative. RUIN that 100%, because I cannot think of a person who deserves it MORE than this person does. Normally I'm not this vindictive, but I can't possibly imagine a seller more ignorant and downright RUDE than this one. Clearly she shilled her auction or she wouldn't be so tight-lipped and curt about everything..she's just mad she got caught. Take her to the cleaners and break that 100% or some other honest buyer could find themselves in the same situation as you! No ebay-appointed mediator in their right mind will side with this lunatic...neg her!

~Fox

~Fox
Smawpaws
Site Mod

I'm glad you contacted on her behalf. Have either of you had any responces yet? Smile
Foxfyre33
Rainbow Curl Pony

::points up:: You believe this chick, Smaw?

~Fox

~Fox
Chief
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tornado, please leave a feedback for this seller on our site here:

mlparena.com/modules.p...e=Reviews2

You can put in a link to this thread too.

Thanks!

Thanks SourdoughStomper! and YLH
Smawpaws
Site Mod

There has GOT to be something she can do through e-bay
Miafrunt
Dazzle Surprise

That is really weird!! I sell a lot of stuff on Ebay, and I put that I only ship in the us. But I will ship out of the country if the person is nice & the communication is good.
I don't see why she won't ship it to you in the US. That is just plain weird!

I've come across a ton of nuts on Ebay. But I do enjoy my regular customers/good customers Smile

I hate to say this but....I'm sure Ebay won't do anything about it.

I wouldn't leave a negative for her unless she does one for you. If you start it by leaving a negative, it will only blossom into something worse.

Thank You Gator!!!!!!!!! Smile
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Trader & Classifieds Support All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: