Overall: 12849

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 115
Bots: 1
Staff: 0
Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
Forums » Creativity » Adoptables » Welcome to the Improved Adoptables Forum!
Welcome to the Improved Adoptables Forum!
Now Open to All Members!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index » Adoptables
View previous topic :: View next topic  
YourLittleHermione
Adoptables/Art Moderator

Location: Hogwarts (I will tell ya really where if you ask nicely ;) )

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Welcome to the Improved Adoptables Forum!

As the title says....

Welcome to the Improved Adoptables Forum! Very Kindly reffered to as "Adoptables II". ^^

SourdoughStomper and I will be your hostesses of sorts for the transition, with help from other mods as we work out this change. There are quite a few new changes to the Adoptables forum, and not a complete new set of rules, but some new rules have been added as well as tweaked a bit, so be sure to check out this thread (the following words are clickable):

New Adoptable Rules

After taking a few minutes to read those new rules, make sure you understand them! If you see something in there that you do not understand, or if there's something you are unsure about. Feel free to PM me. My inbox is always open. Happy I promise, I won't hex you or slip some potions into your drinks... Wink I'll be a good little Mione.

Now here's a little intro to each "group" of sorts of visitors we have in here:

To the Adopty Stalkers: Enjoy your time here! Take the time to look at all the adoptables available to you at any given time and if you see something you like, make sure the thread is open and be patient. That's all we're asking here. Happy

To the Adopty Makers: We hope you enjoy these changes, and hopefully things will be a bit easier on you. Any comments or concerns, you can let me know. And if you need a thread locked or a reminder sent out to a certain member that I did not catch, PM me and I will do what I can. Also! If you have an older adoptable thread, and you have not had a chance to recently update to post your pickups for that thread. Please PM me so it can be moved to this one.

And a Little Note to Future Adoptable Makers: Do NOT make a line of adoptables to give away tons and tons just to get a trophy. XD Do this to have fun! To enjoy the wonderful feeling of giving to others. Happy That is after all what all the fun is all about! ^^

Now, something that I want to do as a reminder to you guys right now.

A Fair warning to everyone. Making a separate thread, to ask for a picture/signature of your persona or another pony that you own WILL count towards your weekly quota! An adoptable is a signature graphic, and taking the time to request a signature graphic from another user will be considered asking for a "custom" adoptable in my book. If you receive a PM, or a reminder post on your thread about your quota being met for this week, please respect that.

I am pretty sure that covers everything that we need to know. Again, if there is anything that you need to know, that isn't covered here, feel free to post on this thread, or ask me. I'll do my best to clear up any possible concerns as soon as possible.

Once again, Welcome and enjoy the forum!!! On Fire

Mione Wink

Power Puff Pony

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: Welcome to the Improved Adoptables Forum!

Can you order 2 adoptables at the same time except they are on different threads?

Thanks SDS for Melody Dusk!! ^^; heart
SourdoughStomper
Solar Powered Site Admin
Solar Powered Site Admin

Yes.

RobinHoodFan
Colorswirl Pony

This may sound silly..but i'm still not exactly sure how adoptables work. I would like to create some but how do I go about this? What do I post to start with? I read the rules and this thread and took a look over at some open posts but i'm still not sure how to start. Do I post a pic of one pony then others request their pony and I continue to add to to the posts with the final ponies? How do they "pick up" the ponies? Do i just post them and they copy them off the post? Or am i supposed to email them?

Sorry if these are silly questions..but if someone can point me in the right direction to get started that'd be great. Thanks! Happy

|My Blog||My Business||My Website||My Facebook Page|
Open For Commissions! 2 Slots Available.Click Here For Details
Special Thanks to VanillaVirus for my Avi :))
Lina
Art & SH mod

RHFan,
you should start by creating a lineart that can be made into an earth pony, unicorn or unipeg. then you can either post the lineart only, or an example of what the adoptable is going to look like when colored.
you can either continue to add the finished ones to the first post, or you can just post them at the bottom of the thread. (i usually like to add them to the front page, but when there are too many, loading the page takes so long that i'll rather put them at the bottom)
ponies are picked up just by saving them off the post, no need to email anything. ^^ it's sufficient to post the pictures in the thread.

my wishlist || my sales || thanks to VanillaVirus for my avi! || Candy Gloss || Cinnamon Star || Burning Heart
~ I need SHS baits! PM me with offers if you have! ~
RobinHoodFan
Colorswirl Pony

Perfect! Thanks for the help! Yup that's what i thought and just wanted to make sure that i was wrapping my head around it correctly.

Files can be .png right?

Thanks again!

Kiwi
Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
Hippity Hoppity Site Admin

Files can be PNG, just warn people as the sig size limit is 60 KB and PNGs tend to be large files Wink Of course it's the members responsibilities to make sure their own siggy fits, so you don't have to worry about it too much.

~ Squeewi ~
Kiwi ref sheet
RobinHoodFan
Colorswirl Pony

Cool Thanks! Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Adoptables All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: