Bots: 0
Staff: 0
Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
Forums » Creativity » Adoptables » Adoptable Rules and Privileges - a must read
Adoptable Rules and Privileges - a must read
Now Open to All Members!
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index » Adoptables
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SourdoughStomper
Solar Powered Site Admin
Solar Powered Site Admin

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Adoptable Rules and Privileges - a must read

Adoptable Rules.

1. Newbies. This forum is open membership and you may start requesting at any time. A minimum of posts and membership is no longer required.

2. Adoptable requesters. Read the title of the thread. If it says OPEN - then it's open for requests. If it says CLOSED or ON HOLD (or suchlike) - then please wait. Don't get in line, don't ask. Just wait. General comments and compliments are, however, fine. Thank you!

3. Adoptable requesters. Read the requirements. For example: If it says "Choose a Hasbro pony" - then do not ask for your persona (unless your persona is a Hasbro pony). Another example: if the maker has his or her own rules, and it says "type 'all hail queen of the goof balls' if you read the rules" - then do so. Thank you!

4. Adoptable requesters. Please do not hoard adoptables. Adoptables are not like Pokemon in that you need to "catch them all." Three (3) requests per week is the limit. Chronic adoptable hogs are often banned from the Arena.

5. Adoptable makers. Please state clearly in your thread title whether you are OPEN or CLOSED. You may ask the thread be locked and unlocked if you really need it, but please try to keep it at a minimum. Thank you!

6. Adoptable makers. If you are offering to make adoptables for others using someone else's template or lineart, you must have their permission* and you must credit them in your original post. Stolen lineart will result in the thread being locked. Thank you!

*(Which is automatic if the lineart is in the Arena Artists Coloring Book.)

7. Everyone. Keep in mind the signature rules when you put the adoptables in your signature. All signatures must fit within an area 500 pixels long and 200 pixels high. Total signature "weight" (or file size) must be less than 60k. Sigs without graphics may have up to five lines of text. Sigs with graphics can have up to two lines of text. Tickers count as two lines of text. Thank you!

8. Everyone. Adoptables made at the Arena are for Arena members. Banned members may NOT get around the rules by sending others over here to ask on their behalf. On the other side of the coin, please do not request for adoptables on the behalf of banned members. Doing so would be at the risk of your own adoptable forum privileges. (rule added on Oct 28, 2010)

Adoptable Privileges.

1. Everyone. We now have an adoptable gallery. A place to store the ones you've collected and/or to store the ones you are making. Go ahead and request one if you'd like, PM SourdoughStomper or Kiwi. Do keep in mind, though, that you have a certain quota of cumulative kilobytes you can use in all galleries. For example: the more adoptables you upload, the less room you have for your collection album. Smile Thank you!

Thank you for reading. Satisfied

Last edited by SourdoughStomper on 0; edited 2 times in total
DarqFyre
Fancy Pants Baby

PostPosted: 0    Post subject: Re: Adoptable Rules and Privileges - a must read

Is it ok if i comment on this?
I LOVE the pokemon reference! LOL

exactly!
~*Thanks to Mainsail for my avi!*~
SiberianClover
Fancy Pants Baby

Does somebody watch the adoptables forum to give out trophies, or when an adoptable-maker makes so many, do they inform you?

Thank you SourdoughStomper for my Starbow signature adoptable!
SourdoughStomper
Solar Powered Site Admin
Solar Powered Site Admin

We typically watch, but it's quite overwhelming because there are so many to watch and count, and harder when it's been a longer time and the makers might have deleted the links to their images. So having them tell us how much they've made would probably be helpful.

Gaspode
Arena Supporter
Arena Supporter

Hi,

I'm a bit confused... I haven't been on the arena a month yet, so does that mean i can't ask for adoptables yet? The red bit saying it now has open membership confusled me!

Thanks,
Gaspodé

Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous siggy!
SiberianClover
Fancy Pants Baby

You can go to the adoptables forum now, yes. But remember, all the other rules still apply. And please make sure you have made an introduction post and read all the rules!

Thank you SourdoughStomper for my Starbow signature adoptable!
SourdoughStomper
Solar Powered Site Admin
Solar Powered Site Admin

Oh sorry, that hasn't been updated. Adoptable forum is open membership again. That above post was made back when it was closed membership. Smile

Gaspode
Arena Supporter
Arena Supporter

Thanks both, yes I'll stick to the rules and have made an introduction post back when I started Smile

Gaspodé

Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous siggy!
Deep_Purple_Pirate
Mommy & Baby Pony

I know i've made 50! Happy

MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie

dang ive already had my 3 this week! but tomorrow *rubs hands together* i will be back!

Current Hoarde #: 42
AC's Custom FAQ Blog! Anything and Everything you want to know! *now with links!*
AC's Salon: Custom Tutorials, etc! *New Mermaid Tutorial!*ACs Projects: My Everything-else-but-ponies blog!
lovelyclaire
Power Puff Pony

Ok I have a little weird question.....I know there are infinite number of ponies. I have chosen my favorite. But how do I know that there isnt someone else out there who already has this pony as their persona? or does that matter? I just dont want to start requesting and identifying myself with this persona if it really is already someone else's.

jwfab8988
Fakie!

When it says membership open, does that mean anyone can post? Or does the 50 posts and 1 month status still count?

I didn't see these rules before I requested I think one adoptable or something. I just noticed them Sad

SourdoughStomper
Solar Powered Site Admin
Solar Powered Site Admin

No, the 50 posts/1 month thing doesn't count for now. Smile

jwfab8988
Fakie!

On alright, Thanks! Happy

Emii
Arena Supporter
Arena Supporter

I have a question on rule #3. Does it refer to per person or just anyone?

Like can I just not make more than 3 requests to let's say Person A in a week or I can only make requests to Person's A, B, and C for a week and I can't request D, E, and F, for another week?

View user's profile Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index -> Adoptables All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: