What can I use to seal this paint?
-> Customs

#1: What can I use to seal this paint? Author: Kitkumi PostPosted: 0
    ----
So, with my internet down for a little over a week and still time before spring classes start up, I have been working on eight new customs XD (a lot of ideas hit at once and I have just been doing a little work on each at a time). On some of them I have been using a pair of new paints I haven't used before:

Has anyone else used them before and if so, what works best to seal them with? I wasn't sure if mod podge would be the best choice. If it is though, would the glossy be better? The paint has a really pretty sparkle/shine to it and I don't want to dull it down when I seal it. Thanks!

#2: Re: What can I use to seal this paint? Author: MalancaiwenLocation: China PostPosted: 0
    ----
I think I've heard ponies and enamels don't mix, it will probably not dry :s

No idea on the other one though, but it's a pretty blue!

#3: Re: What can I use to seal this paint? Author: LilSparkLocation: Rainbow Road PostPosted: 0
    ----
I use these colours a lot and I seal them with acrylic resin varnish:

www.kreativ-depot.de/i...6149_0.jpg

Here you can see a custom of mine where I used those colours, only the eyes are sealed:

#4: Re: What can I use to seal this paint? Author: Kitkumi PostPosted: 0
    ----
@Malancaiwen- Yeah, I came to realize that about the enamel Sad Which is annoying because I'm having issues finding a nice, gold paint >.>

@LilSpark- Awesome, thank you very much Smile Also, those colors are -beautiful-.

#5: Re: What can I use to seal this paint? Author: PetiteTigerLocation: Minnesota PostPosted: 0
    ----
For gold paint, have you looked into more artist grade acrylics? Liquitex Heavy Body has a couple of different "shades" of gold, and GOLDEN fluid has a gold that's the most gold, if that makes sense xD It's not the cheapest, but it's definitely worth the price! GOLDEN's fluid acrylic is, like it says, very fluid, so you don't have to thin it out all that much to get a nice consistency. Liquitex is thicker and needs water, but it's overall cheaper and easier to get different colors.

Both brands also have an iridescent white, which you can mix with most any color and get a pearlescent color!

-> Customs