Toy Hunter show on Travel channel
-> Off Topic

#1: Toy Hunter show on Travel channel Author: apanda0622Location: Lawrenceville, GA, US PostPosted: 0
    ----
My bf heard about this on the GI Joe board HISS TANK. Apparently, travel channel has a new show called Toy Hunters. It airs on Jan 15th at I think 11 pm. I wonder if girl toys are included?

#2: Re: Toy Hunter show on Travel channel Author: Rosebud234Location: Springfield, MO PostPosted: 0
    ----
I hope so!

#3: Re: Toy Hunter show on Travel channel Author: BelleviLocation: NY PostPosted: 0
    ----
I'm definitely going to give this a watch! Even if there are no ponies, I'd love to see the vintage toys that they find.

#4: Re: Toy Hunter show on Travel channel Author: CinnabarLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: 0
    ----
Sounds like a fun show, I will definitely watch!

#5: Re: Toy Hunter show on Travel channel Author: Rachel-EyesLocation: in a yellow submarine PostPosted: 0
    ----
Sounds pretty amazing! I was actually just thinking with all the Antique Roadshows and Storage Wars when they were finally going to do a toy show.

#6: Re: Toy Hunter show on Travel channel Author: mlpfanLocation: ohio usa PostPosted: 0
    ----
sounds cool!

#7: Re: Toy Hunter show on Travel channel Author: starrypawzLocation: Kent, England PostPosted: 0
    ----
Oooh sounds quite interesting!

#8: Re: Toy Hunter show on Travel channel Author: RavenWolfLocation: Wisconsin PostPosted: 0
    ----
Just great Sad Throws Fakie
Well I think it would be interesting to watch, Its going to make vintage and collectible toy prices sky rocket!!! I have a resale booth and manly deal in vintage toys now as they can be scooped up for fairly cheap at yard sales and thriftstores as most people just see a box of old toys. I used to buy storage areas and resale the stuff but since Storage Wars came out, the price of buying storage unites jumped from a hundred or less to even junky storage units going for more then $500. I'm afraid this show is just going to do the same for toys... I can only hope they don't do MLPs as we'll never be able to find them for a descent price again.

Educating the general public is bad from a buyers point view. On the other hand it might increase the demand for vintage toys which would be good for selling. I guess I'll just watch and enjoy the show and hope it doesn't affect my business or MLP collecting to much.

#9: Re: Toy Hunter show on Travel channel Author: StoryDreamerLocation: NKY/Cincinnati PostPosted: 0
    ----
I agree with everything RavenWolf said.

I will watch the first episode only because they get their collectibles from Cincinnati my DVR says but I just think it will make people think their disgusting and abused toy is worth millions.

-> Off Topic