Question about Crumpet fakies
-> Pony Corral

#1: Question about Crumpet fakies Author: Rachel-EyesLocation: in a yellow submarine PostPosted: 0
    ----
So today, I needed to stop and get gas. My brother was with me and wanted lottery tickets, but not at the gas station that I usually go to. (Our dad used to be a very high manager there, and if my brother wins a conspiracy could come out of it...)

So we went someplace else. I was thirsty and looked around for a drink, but then stumbled upon the toy section and found two "Petite Ponies" Crumpet fakies! As a fakie fan, I knew I had to snatch them right up since I didn't have any Crumpet fakies until then!

But I am a little confused... I didn't think they made them anymore? Or if they do, they were only sold in European countries at this time. It's possible that mine could have been just old stock that had been there for a few years... they were both very dusty!

So I guess my question is of how common these are? I've never seen them in stores until today, so somehow I was thinking they were quite uncommon, unless I've just been unlucky in finding them. I know they're pretty sought after so I'm a pretty happy pony right now in finding any at all. Energetic

#2: Re: Question about Crumpet fakies Author: SuniMoonLocation: WA, Snohomish county PostPosted: 0
    ----
I'm just going to guess old stock, maybe? I've only seen them, and bought them, at one store, and they were a bit dusty.

#3: Re: Question about Crumpet fakies Author: HavACrumpet452 PostPosted: 0
    ----
I still find some new in stores but I think many are old stock, they weren't last sold all that many years ago, still in the 2000's

#4: Re: Question about Crumpet fakies Author: gazzy90Location: Greece PostPosted: 0
    ----
About a year ago a member here bought and sent some to me from the US, so I guess they're not a very old release.

I love them, I think I have about 12?
I'll try to snag a pic of them Smile

#5: Re: Question about Crumpet fakies Author: cookhumanLocation: Saint Louis, MO USA PostPosted: 0
    ----
I found them at Big Lots around 2007. Smile My guess is old stock.

#6: Re: Question about Crumpet fakies Author: therestornadosinmysoup PostPosted: 0
    ----
Our Zeller's store had some before Christmas, they weren't brand new, but but maybe a few years old. Smile

#7: Re: Question about Crumpet fakies Author: gazzy90Location: Greece PostPosted: 0
    ----
Just wanted to share my Crumpeties with you all Smile

#8: Re: Question about Crumpet fakies Author: Rachel-EyesLocation: in a yellow submarine PostPosted: 0
    ----
And gazzy, what lovely Crumpeties they are! The ones I found were the pink with the blue stars and blond hair, and then the purple with the green flowers and pink hair. I wish I would have thought to comb the gas stations for fakies before.

#9: Re: Question about Crumpet fakies Author: gazzy90Location: Greece PostPosted: 0
    ----
Thank you Rachel!

These 2 are actually 2 of the ones I got from the US, I think there's 6 or 7 of them in total.

#10: Re: Question about Crumpet fakies Author: ThriftyPonyLocation: Newville, PA, USA PostPosted: 0
    ----
Hmm... I have heard of them being sold not too long ago. I think it's a somewhat common stolen mold for fakie makers. But I haven't seen any in stores ever. Good find!

I love Crumpet fakies.

Here's my one and only Crumpet fakie:

#11: Re: Question about Crumpet fakies Author: LadyMoondancerLocation: Kooey Kooey Kooey PostPosted: 0
    ----
I got two this year . . . they are still in production, as far as I know! Long live the glorious Crumpet fakies! *salutes*

-> Pony Corral