Does anyone here play Creatures?
-> Off Topic

#1: Does anyone here play Creatures? Author: OctoberFlashLocation: Southern Illinois, USA (near St. Louis, Missouri) PostPosted: 0
    ----
I haven't had much luck finding Creatures fans on my other website, but there are a lot more people from other places in the world here so I thought I'd ask: Does anyone here play Creatures?

It's a series of virtual pet games where the actual pets have their own DNA and brains, and they have thoughts of their own. It's awesome.

Anyway, I know it was a lot more famous in places like Germany and the UK than here in the USA, so I thought I would see if I can find anyone here who loves it like I do. c:

(By the way, games in the series were: Creatures 1, Creatures 2, Creatures 3, Creatures Villiage, and Docking Station. I have every game except Creatures Villiage, which I used to have part of (Creatures Villiage is two games, Creatures Adventures and Creatures Playground), but my Creatures Adventures CD is scratched and now it won't work.)

#2: Re: Does anyone here play Creatures? Author: melodys_angelLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: 0
    ----
Are these online or console games?

Its not something that ive heard of--but it sounds interesting Smile

#3: Re: Does anyone here play Creatures? Author: kaoskatLocation: almost florida PostPosted: 0
    ----
Never heard of it.

#4: Re: Does anyone here play Creatures? Author: invaderhorizongreenLocation: planet everdream PostPosted: 0
    ----
I may have heard of it at some point but never found a copy.

#5: Re: Does anyone here play Creatures? Author: BlackCurtainsLocation: Secret Laboratory PostPosted: 0
    ----
Yes! Me! I do! YAY!

I have Creatures 3 and Docking Station. I've been playing on and off for about a decade, lol. There was a year or two when I couldn't play because I switched from PC to Mac, but last year I found Creatures Exodus which is for OS X. I'm back into it now Smile

#6: Re: Does anyone here play Creatures? Author: KiwiSquirtBottleLocation: Texas PostPosted: 0
    ----
I used to play several years ago, but when I got a computer with Vista, I had to stop 'cause Creatures wasn't supported on Vista. Used to be lots of fun!

#7: Re: Does anyone here play Creatures? Author: DibblesLocation: Iowa PostPosted: 0
    ----
Oh my God, I have the very first one for Playstation! Where you start out with Adam and Berta and raise Norns in three worlds!

#8: Re: Does anyone here play Creatures? Author: DibblesLocation: Iowa PostPosted: 0
    ----
Although I didn't know there were sequels.

#9: Re: Does anyone here play Creatures? Author: OctoberFlashLocation: Southern Illinois, USA (near St. Louis, Missouri) PostPosted: 0
    ----
Oh wow, lots of responses!

It's for the PC, although there were versions released for the Playstation and the Gameboy Advance - those are spinoff versions, the originals are much better IMO. Wink

It is such a great and fun game! Docking Station (the newest one) is a free game, and while it is more cramped (less space than the actual games) you can download third-party add-ons that make the game more spacious. It is really great, I can even PM you guys download links if you want. Happy You just have to either have Linux or Windows XP or lower; it won't work on newer systems without some kind of .. emulator or something.

The only problem with the games is that the company that made them went bankrupt a long time ago, and they've been crumbling. Docking Station's main feature was the ability to share your creatures with other online users, chat, and goof off.

The forums went down a few years ago from "lack of moderation". The Creatures Mall (where you could buy officially-made creatures) no longer exists. And a couple days ago, the servers went down, and they haven't come back up. Fortunately, though, there is a third-party patch that makes it so you don't have to have access to the servers to play. So that's good.

Glad to know we have some Creatures players here too! I knew I wouldn't be alone. Happy

I can help anyone with getting the game, because it is a TON of fun. I am obsessed, lol. I even have a little doll of the main pet in the game, the Norns. c:

#10: Re: Does anyone here play Creatures? Author: MoonyLocation: Home of the MSU Spartans! PostPosted: 0
    ----
I played Creatures 2 on my family's old desktop xD I really enjoyed it once I figured out how to play it lol. I have a laptop running Vista so I can't play anymore Sad

#11: Re: Does anyone here play Creatures? Author: DazzleSurpriseLocation: Missouri, USA PostPosted: 0
    ----
I used to have the pack that came with Creatures 1-3 for the PC. I never got into them but I think i was too young to fully grasp it. I'd love to try it again. Did they ever make any versions past the third one?

#12: Re: Does anyone here play Creatures? Author: NussekaninLocation: Norway PostPosted: 0
    ----
Oh, Creatures was on of the first computer games I owned! I really loved it ^^ The world they lived in was so beautiful and fun to explore <3

#13: Re: Does anyone here play Creatures? Author: OctoberFlashLocation: Southern Illinois, USA (near St. Louis, Missouri) PostPosted: 0
    ----
DazzleSurprise wrote:
I used to have the pack that came with Creatures 1-3 for the PC. I never got into them but I think i was too young to fully grasp it. I'd love to try it again. Did they ever make any versions past the third one?

Yes, they did! After Creatures 3 came Docking Station, which is 100% free for download. It is small, but features the ability to chat with other people, send creatures to your friends, and even create portals for your creatures to travel freely between worlds. However, lately the online servers went down and as far as I know they haven't gone back up yet. :/

You should totally try it again! It's so much fun. Happy

-posted via DSi, so sorry for any typos

-> Off Topic