Mimic- Tropical Dancer
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> Customs

#1: Mimic- Tropical Dancer Author: mana-maidenLocation: U.S.A. PostPosted: 0
    ----
Commissioned request from my main customer.

Job was to take the original g1 Mimic and turn her into a g3 custom, with tropical dancer attire.

Pose is a engineered pose- body of a dynamic pose with the head from the donkey pose. Eyes are flat-back gems from Michaels.

Horn is from a different g3 unicorn (clone pose Sweetie Belle, methinks) and I developed a new sturdy method for attaching horns from working on this- I took a sculpting tool and carved a shallow hole into the base of the horn, took a small nail, and clamped the nail and horn together with a pair of pliers. I then cut off a bit of the length of the nail, then by using the pliers, poked the nail from inside the pony's head, through the scalp. I then put glue onto the nail and pushed the horn onto the nail.
It's so permanently fixed, I did the re-hair job without budging the horn.

Re-hair job done with my home-made re-hair tool, hair is Hasbro pony hair in the colors of electric banana, butter creme, envy, and sugar berry. Made my own hair line in the scalp to give this custom a fuller mane of hair.

Full body repaint in grass green acrylics. Eyes painted in several layers of acrylics- did a wash of white acrylics and layer with browns, oranges, reds, greens, blues, turquoise, yellows, grays and stapled it all together with black.

Bird symbol hand-painted.

Removable grass skirt is hand-sewn and made from brown maxi piping, blue scarf material, brown hemp, and dyed blue hemp.

Top is a green tropical flower ribbon with chartreuse bias tape sewn on the bottom edges. Various flower beads are sewn onto the top, base line of mane, and onto the tail. Bone, wood, real sea shells, and glass beads are wired around the feet. Bird hair decals are hand-painted by me to match the bird symbol.

#2: Re: Mimic- Tropical Dancer Author: mana-maidenLocation: U.S.A. PostPosted: 0
    ----
Can't edit anything right now, so FFFffffffffff pics.

#3: Re: Mimic- Tropical Dancer Author: KalavistaLocation: Eastern Iowa PostPosted: 0
    ----
OMG SHE IS AWESOME. That pose is PERFECT.

#4: Re: Mimic- Tropical Dancer Author: BlackCurtainsLocation: Secret Laboratory PostPosted: 0
    ----
That pose IS perfect. She looks great! I love the tropical details.

#5: Re: Mimic- Tropical Dancer Author: BehemothLocation: hiding behind the display cases to the right!! (lol MW3 refrence) NB, Long Island PostPosted: 0
    ----
She is amazing! The beads all around are gorgeous!

#6: Re: Mimic- Tropical Dancer Author: RoognaLocation: TN, USA PostPosted: 0
    ----
I love her better without the fabric part lol
she's a great interpretation

#7: Re: Mimic- Tropical Dancer Author: DevlishSmoochLocation: Southern NJ PostPosted: 0
    ----
I third that PERFECT pose! She's awesome!

#8: Re: Mimic- Tropical Dancer Author: SDstangLocation: WA, USA PostPosted: 0
    ----
she is so adorable!!! I just can't stop gazing in her eyes Laugh

#9: Re: Mimic- Tropical Dancer Author: lizstaleyLocation: Waynesboro, PA PostPosted: 0
    ----
Love the repose!

#10: Re: Mimic- Tropical Dancer Author: JoshsPonyPrincessLocation: Fresno, CA PostPosted: 0
    ----
Love the eyes!

#11: Re: Mimic- Tropical Dancer Author: BrightglowponyLocation: Georgia, USA PostPosted: 0
    ----
She is fantastic! The pose you created is PERFECT.

#12: Re: Mimic- Tropical Dancer Author: JazzMatazzLocation: Wisconsin PostPosted: 0
    ----
I dislike the original G1 pose but this is beautiful on a G3!!! ugh, why wasn't actually made! Congrats all around! You should be very proud of this custom.

#13: Re: Mimic- Tropical Dancer Author: kristap012Location: north battleford PostPosted: 0
    ----
Oh my goodness WOW!! This is amazing. Great Work

#14: Re: Mimic- Tropical Dancer Author: knitgirlLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: 0
    ----
Wow!! All those tiny details are amazing!

#15: Re: Mimic- Tropical Dancer Author: deeleelambbaaLocation: Fredericksburg, VA PostPosted: 0
    ----
wow, SO MUCH COLOR!!! ♥♥♥
and she looks so happy, decked out in her tropical garb! Happy

-> Customs